CPF online Februrary 2010

jeduardo

jeduardo

Good question.
I would suspect all but I think you would need to use a Brazil address to receive the CPF.
I doubt they would mail it overseas.

Frank_London

Frank_London

Hi everyone,

I have checked the website and foreigners and other cases (for example, non residents brazilians) are not allowed to apply on line.

Regards,

Frank

J

JMBroad

I checked the website as well but didn't find anything specifically saying that it was not available to non-Brazilian residents. I didn't find the option to apply as a non-resident but then again it isn't supposed to be up and running yet.

Could you show us the link where it says it won't be available please Frank? Thanks

G

globalinvestor

can anybody recomemd any good lawyers to get cpf quickly?

thanx

J

Jones Ralf

I need a lawyer too - can anybody assist who has had a good experience in Brazil? This CPF seems a little bit of a nightmare - what is it anyway?

J

JMBroad

Cadastro de Pessoa Física = Tax Identity Card (not a literal translation)

It's quite easy and simple to get one if you are in Brazil but can be quite complicated from overseas - with the right lawyer it is pretty easy. I'll send you a PM with some contact details of lawyers in Brazil - it probably makes a difference where you are looking to buy as you may end up using the same lawyer for other things as well.

J

JMBroad

Actually it would appear I can't send either of your private messages for some reason - have you chosen not to receive private messages?

debzor

debzor

Just for clarity, it is not necessary to use a lawyer to get a CPF card - it is very cheap and easy to do when you are here in Brazil. A lawyer, naturally, will charge for this service.