Cost of construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolfgang

It is only meaningful to perform a comparative sqm/price analysis when you have the breakdown of internal build to covered area/terrace.
When i visited this site last year and saw the masterplan in the developers office at Aldeota, the 140m2 related to TOTAL build area which included a very large external ground patio which was covered by an acutely sloping roof design.
I cannot recall the precise breakdown though the internal build was significantly smaller than the developers floorplan would suggest.
This would impact on any $m2 calculation.
The plot size is quite generous though this if often the case with developments that are not particularly close to a beach and especially so to the North of Fortaleza where land prices are much cheaper than South of the City.
So for a non beachfront resort to the North,depending upon living area size,this represents reasonably good value in terms of purchase price.N.E Brazil however is principally a capital appreciation play and i doubt that its location will fare as well in the capital appreciation stakes as either other parts of Ceara or indeed Natal.
Anyone seen any pics of build progress btw?

N

newkidontheblock

Wolfgang, thanks for your input. i will need to check on internal size but am happy with the purchase overall. Regards location, inland suited me as Cumbuco is well known for its wind(kitesurfing) so should be a bit calmer inland. Also believe prices will rise steadily both to the North and South of the city. Staying 30km away from any main city normally attracts people wanting a break away from all the hustle and bustle.

W

wolfgang

No worries new kid.Actually i agree with you in that i think the defacto clamour for absolute beachfront is somewhat overated.
My personal preference is actually second line beach;often half the price,still within a short walk to the beach,not such a fierce Atlantic wind to whisk your half eaten mango half way to Rio,no sand clogging up your pool filter etc (or in Ralphs case his dozen turbo pool filters!)
Your site is approx 35 minutes from Pinto Martins International which is very favourable.You also know exactly what you will be paying as it is a conventional off plan purchase.This is infinitely more appropriate for the less experienced than a speculative land investment at Coconut Grove in the middle of nowhere where the final tab will be significantly higher than is generally appreciated.
Best of luck to you.:)

A

amalrampal

That's very useful folks. I have property in India, UK (where I am resident) and recently in USA. I wouldn't have even thought that detailed specifications must be specified. Yhank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.