Confused about Residents Visa - Help Please

L

lewroll

Hi there,
I have looked through various threads etc but still don't have a clear idea of what to do, so all help will be appreciated!
I have a 1 year residents visa which expires before I am next in Sharm. I understood that I had to have this visa to travel backwards and forwards to my apartment but having read the forums here that does not seem to be true. It seems that I got the visa purely to give POA to my lawyer in Egpyt.

My questions are

1) Do I still need this residents visa or not?

2)What are the advantages/disadvantages of having this visa?

3) Will it cause me a problem that it will have expired by the time I am able to go to El Tur to renew it and

4) If so, what are those problems please?

Also I will be in Luxor before this visa expires is there anywhere there I can renew it please?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sue

R

rossantony

visa...

Hi there,
I have looked through various threads etc but still don't have a clear idea of what to do, so all help will be appreciated!
I have a 1 year residents visa which expires before I am next in Sharm. I understood that I had to have this visa to travel backwards and forwards to my apartment but having read the forums here that does not seem to be true. It seems that I got the visa purely to give POA to my lawyer in Egpyt.

My questions are

1) Do I still need this residents visa or not?

2)What are the advantages/disadvantages of having this visa?

3) Will it cause me a problem that it will have expired by the time I am able to go to El Tur to renew it and

4) If so, what are those problems please?

Also I will be in Luxor before this visa expires is there anywhere there I can renew it please?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sue
In my knowledge,

You will need a new visa, the advantages are it is multiple entry, if bought in Egypt it costs very little.

You will be asked to pay for a tourist visa on entry into the country, if your visa has expired, and this will cover you until you get to El Tur.

If it expires during the time you are in Egypt, it is not a problem, and you can tell the police/authorities you are on the way to Sharm to renew it. Some officials will try to make you buy a tourist visa, as most are related to Vogons, but you should be able to bluff them with a few kind words.

kind regards

rossantony

J

jojo2005

Visas

As far as I am aware you are correct in that the Residents Visa is necessary for the POA for your lawyer and also in order to buy the multiple entry visa which is a different one altogether.
When I recently completed my purchase I got the Residents Visa for one year but didn't get the multiple entry as it is unlikely that I will be in and out more than 3 times in 12 months. I will therefore still have to buy the tourist visa on my next visit

M

m_lawyer

hiii

hi how are you
iam mahmoud and iam lawyer and live in sharm now
even if ur visa not expired yet uw ill need new visit viza when you come next time bcz you just make resident viza ....and when u make resident viza u should make some thing called go and back paper ..this paper make you go to your country and back any time in you resident viza without new viza
so now u will need new viza and than u go to al tour and make new resident viza with this paper that make u goa nd come any time in your resident time
and if u in louxor i think you can do it there too bcz there is office every where