Cityscape dubai 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sameer.dada

Thanks Dr. Robert. I tried to sell but couldn't. I own Remraam phase 3, and 3 apts on Al Reem in Abu Dhabi. All 1 b/r each.

N

nosstrand

alright, here we go:

how did i do it exactly?

1- i asked for a 5,000 dhs check as a sign of good faith (booking price) which would be post dated for a week so i cant just cash it.
2- we setup another meeting (this coming week) so we can both go to the notary and do the Power of attorney.
3- as for the MOU, i made a copy of the MOU the real estate ageent used when i sold my first property, and i use that as a template.

4- Emaar downtown? to tell you the truth, i would be stretching my wallet if i were to buy there ;-)
but i did sell off a Maysan appartment in Bawadi, and so i did spend quite some time next to the Downtown stand.

it really was busy, and it did seem to me like some salespeople were walking off with some customers. but honestly, i was more focused on selling off my own stuff!

What about you guys? Any sales? Purchases?
Well. I wanted to sell my 1b/r in 18 Burj Dubai Boulevard but hadn't enough time to approach anyone (to be honest, I thought it wasn't allowed so unfortunately I never tried). So no sales or purchases for me. If you (or anyone else) have any advise on how to make a quick sale on this object - please advise :)

S

sally_hsu

Hi all, I am very new in the market so your advice is highly appreciated:D. I have two propertyies for sale. one 1B Bawadi Maysan tower and 1 suite service apartment Hydra Avenue Towers. what are the premiums for these two units? I was told the market is completely dead this week and have to wait for some time until the market rebounds.:( is that true?
thx.

S

steldxb

Hi - would anyone know how much i would expect to pay /sq ft for an Executive Towers studio / 1 bedroom on the resale market?

Thanks

S

sameer.dada

Sally, how much are you asking for your Hydra suite?

What do you guys think of Madison Residency? And Two Towers?

S

sally_hsu

Hi Sameer, for Hydra Suite my ideal premium is 20%. By Oct 30 2008 I have paid 20%. 5% payment in next June and Dec, the balance of 70% is to be paid upon completion. thanks.

S

sameer.dada

Hi Sally,

20% premium unfortunately is too much for Abu Dhabi unless your project is near completion. I know of people who had offered 20, then reduced to 15 and still can't sell.

But your payment terms are good so you might as well hold on to the unit.

Is your suite the 880 sq ft unit in Hydra Executive?

S

sally_hsu

Thanks Sameer, my suite is 739 sqft on Hydra Avenue Tower (City of Lights, Al Reem Island)

I

Investoman_uae

I have an apartment in Time Tower at the entrance of Al Reem Island Najmat Abu Dhabi which I have in the market for 10% ... I advertised it just before cityscape ... some advised me to hold on to it cos of the payment plan. . .15% every 6 months.

What do you guys think?

Hold on? or let it go and buy elsewhere?

What I dont get is that the developer is selling for 2,700/sqft and am selling for around 2000/sqft...

I think if investors are greedy they will never sell.

Inv.

S

sameer.dada

I'm afraid there is no liquidity in the market. AD is hard to sell now. Its better for long term. If you are happy with your payment terms, then keep it for a while.

I

Investoman_uae

Our Shiekh just pumped the market with some liquidity..... are u sayin one should be patient? I dont know if lowin the premium more will work....

Oh well,... the next few months things will become clearer.

Inv.

S

sameer.dada

I think you should try to sell. But if you can't then you should wait it out. It all depends on how soon you need the money. No harm advertising the unit for sale. If you get a reasonable offer, take it.

I

Investoman_uae

I agree, but the other thing is, its a really unique location, infront of the biggest mall in the island and next to the biggest marina.

I will call the bank tomorrow to see if they can help out with the finance so I can get ready for the second installment... otherwise it will be advertised.

Thanks for your views.

Inv.

J

jomonanu1

Why do we sell in distress?

Dear Friends,
I do not know why people wanted to do Distress Sales. Dubai, it will take time to mature, the correction, I mean the real correction will take only after many years. The government is giving protection to the Dubai Investors. The projects are announcing in Dubai is still at the beginning. The government has a plan behind this, they will protect the investments.

Look at the new Investments, Meraas for the example. It will cover and spread over Satwa and Jumeirah 1&2. With in a couple of years, the tenants have to move out of this area and look out for new areas to live. They can move to JLT, Marina or to the Dubailand only, so there is not going to be any more vacant flats or villas.

The same way, there are projects, the government is going to launch , revamping the entire Ras Al Khor and Rashidiya by next year, again the tenants have to move out to new destinations. Followed by Al Qouze, Deira and Al Ghusais and at the end, it is Bur Dubai and Jumeirah, Umm Suquiem area. All these projects will be finishing by 2025.
Think, once Deira and Bur Dubai is going for a shift, where all this public will move in to.By the time, all Dubailand will be congested and the rental Income will be more.

Other than this, please look in to the projects announced already. The new Al Maktoum International Airport at Jabal Ali needs 135000 employees, once it is operational. This airport will open in the 4th quarter of 2009. Look at the number of hotels are coming up, according to Movenpick, they alone need around 12000 new staffs by the end of 2009. The Metro line will be operational from 2009 and the construction will start for the Blue Line and Purple line from 2010. Once Business Bay is complete more global giants are moving to Dubai.

Right now, Dubai is the only safe heaven for the Investors. People they lost jobs in US, UK and Europe, they have move towards Middle East. 90% of those people are eyeing Dubai. With in months they will move to Dubai and they started buying properties, the prices will again go up.

After all, as RERA and govt departments say, Dubai is not a market for speculators. This should be ended. Right now, the Investors are looking for resale from day one of the properties, In future; they can only resell it only after one year or after the completion of the project.

Dear investors, please note, Dubai is not ruled by Democracy but Monarchy. In democracy, there are ruling party and opposition and they can adopt any type of policies. That can lead destruct ions in the market. Dubai is ruled by Visionary, Business Oriented Leaders. They also have Business Interests. So they never let you down.

Look at the Rent, it is just increasing only, I never saw it is decreasing. Again it will go up all these coming years. The present City cannot afford the flow of people right now. And Dubai is growing and it will grow only.
If you have any comments or queries please contact me.

G

Gashead

90% Of the people who have lost their jobs in the US are NOT eyeing Dubai. People living in Rashadiya will NOT be buying villas in the new developments. The metro will NOT be operational by 2009.

W

Wannaberich

90% Of the people who have lost their jobs in the US are NOT eyeing Dubai. People living in Rashadiya will NOT be buying villas in the new developments. The metro will NOT be operational by 2009.
Some of those who lost their jobs in the US will be eyeing Dubai.Do not know and dont care about people living in Rashadiya.The metro red line WILL be operational by Sept 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.