Buying land in the Languedoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kai

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd share an experience that my wife and I have just gone through.

A while ago we decided to buy a plot of land and build a house. we searched around and eventually found a plot of land of 1000 sqm on a really nice, terraced "lotissement" just outside the town of Pezenas.

The plot was being sold by a development company based in Montpellier called "Sopha Amenagement".

We were able to haggle a bit of the price and eventually signed a contract subject to the sale of our house.

Interestingly, the sales contract that the developers drew up was a promise for them to sell rather than a promise for us to buy! This gave us a bit more of a safety net.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we lost our buyer shortly afterwards and unfortunately had to pull out of buying the land.

We sent our registered letter to Sopha as required and within a week we had a letter sent back confirming our withdrawel and enclosing our deposit cheque.

Obviously we were very disappointed to have to pull out of the purchase, but I just wanted to let you all know that as far as I'm concerned, Sopha Amenagement acted very professionally all the way through and I would have no hesitation in buying from them again.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.