Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Buying land in the Languedoc

Discussion in 'French Property' started by kai, Sep 11, 2006.

1. kai

kai New Member

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd share an experience that my wife and I have just gone through.

A while ago we decided to buy a plot of land and build a house. we searched around and eventually found a plot of land of 1000 sqm on a really nice, terraced "lotissement" just outside the town of Pezenas.

The plot was being sold by a development company based in Montpellier called "Sopha Amenagement".

We were able to haggle a bit of the price and eventually signed a contract subject to the sale of our house.

Interestingly, the sales contract that the developers drew up was a promise for them to sell rather than a promise for us to buy! This gave us a bit more of a safety net.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we lost our buyer shortly afterwards and unfortunately had to pull out of buying the land.

We sent our registered letter to Sopha as required and within a week we had a letter sent back confirming our withdrawel and enclosing our deposit cheque.

Obviously we were very disappointed to have to pull out of the purchase, but I just wanted to let you all know that as far as I'm concerned, Sopha Amenagement acted very professionally all the way through and I would have no hesitation in buying from them again.
    Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.