Buying a villa/ townhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harrison

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate your advice! I was going to buy a villa/ townhouse in Spain & was cautioned that property prices have not moved recently & there is so much Building i.e. in Murcia they think values will go down, I am now thinking about buying in Portugal, as it is beautiful & I speak a bit of the language.

What are the views on property as an investment in the Algarve? Its not that I plan to buy & sell, but I would not want to lose my money!!!! It would be partly for holidays but I would also have to rent it out. What is the rental market like?

Aly advice on good companies to buy from/ rental management / good websites would be really gratefully received.

Many thanks.

D

damien

Hey Harrison
I purchased a plot of land last December and it has increased in value already. This is before the build has even started so I don't think your property will lose any value if you buy.
I don't think you will have a problem with rental either as it is a year round holiday destination now, obviously you won't have the same rental during winter months.
some resorts are busier than others so depending on what you want.
Hope this helps
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.