Just a few General facts and figures about brazil!
* BRAZILS POPULATION = 188,000,000
* LAND MASS AREA = 8,511,965km2 ( 3.3 million sq miles)
* CURRENCY = REAL .
* LANGUAGE = PORTUGESE is the official spoken language although English and French are both widely spoken.
* BRAZIL = Is divided into 26 states and 1 federal distric.
* CAPITAL CITY = Brasilia
*PRESIDENT = Luiz Inacio Lula da silva ( known as LULA) Since 2003 and was recently re-e;ected in 2007 for another term.
* BRAZILS ECONOMY = Because the economy is thriving so much and shows no signs of slowing down it Has been predicted by world banks that by 2050 it will be the 5th largest economy in the world.
*NEW AIRPORT = Being constructed near natal called Sao Gonzalo del Amarante to be completed by 2009/2010 anticipate to receive 5 million + people per year ( it will be biggest airport in south america,and become the 8th largest airport in the world once complete).
* VISA & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS = Uk passport holders dont need a visa to enter Brazil but their passport needs to be valid for 6 months or more. Visitors are allowed to stay in Brazil for upto 90 days at a time.
* WEATHER =Estimated temperatures of around 27 oc and has no extreme weather conditions or suffers from natural disasters i.e earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes as it is on the equator.