Brasilian residency obstacle

B

Brasil23

Hi,

I am looking at buying a house in brasil. However, despite information on many sites including this one stating how easy it is for foreigners to purchase property in brasil, this seems to be untrue due to the problem of gaining residency. Essentially, unless you marry a brasilian or start a business (buying a property does not constitute a business) in brasil you arn't able to get residency thus unable to purchase property.

If I am wrong please correct me.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

I am looking at buying a house in brasil. However, despite information on many sites including this one stating how easy it is for foreigners to purchase property in brasil, this seems to be untrue due to the problem of gaining residency. Essentially, unless you marry a brasilian or start a business (buying a property does not constitute a business) in brasil you arn't able to get residency thus unable to purchase property.

Hi,

You have it the wrong way around, it is very easy to buy a property in Brazil, the only thing you need is a CPF (tax id) number which is very easy to get.

Getting residency, which is not a precondition to buying a property at all, used to be very easy but as of this year it is getting harder, but not impossible.

Regards,
Rob.

J

JMBroad

As Rob said all you need to buy a property in Brazil is a CPF card which takes 1 hour and R$ 5 to do if you are in Brazil and a long long time and a lot of money to do if you aren't in Brazil.

However it's still not that hard to get a residency. With a good lawyer it's pretty easy and pretty fast.

B

Blc

Hi,

You can purchase a property in Brazil without a business all you need is your passport and a CPF\ Tax number ohh and a good lawyer ,developers will evan offer you finance 12% per year plus IGPM..

Marry a Brazilian ? I did that it cost me a firtune, still does.

Good Luck

B

Brasil23

Thanks for your replies.

I have read that getting a CPF is relatively easy. However I also read somewhere that in order to buy a house legitimately you first needed to open a bank account in brasil and the only way to do that was by gaining residency? Hmmm perhaps it was mis-information or it was misunderstanding on my part.

Bic - I really like brasilian girls but Im opposed to marriage full stop!!

J

JMBroad

That was misinformation - you don't need a bank account in Brazil to buy a house in Brazil.

J

Jimmyd

Permanent Visa

Hi JMBroad,

I am new to the forum but have been reading a lot of your posts with interest. I am going to Brazil in December for three months and I really want to try and get permanent residency.
I would really appreciate if you could email me the details of a good solicitor with regards to getting permanent Residency in Brazil. I am a property investor in England and could potentially invest in Brazil. However, I would only invest in the area I live in and Rio to me seems very over inflated. Would really appreciate the details of your solicitor.

Many thanks.

J

JMBroad

Hi Jimmyd and welcome to the forums (at least posting on the forums).

I can't send you private messages until you have 5 posts - You also can't send me private messages (for example with your email) until you have 5 posts.

I can't put the contact details on here as that would be advertising and that is not allowed in this part of the site so we need 4 more posts from you (which have to be relevant to the topic) and I'll send you a private message with the contact details of two companies who we have worked with (either privately or clients of ours who have worked with them and recommended them.)

:eek:

J

Jimmyd

Hey JMB,

Thanks for that. Better get posting.

Appreciate your help.

J