Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

M

maggie

Dear Steve and Christine.

There is no central hot water supply in the appartment and we need to buy electic water heater. All connections (piping and electricity) for such electric heater are provided in particular place in the bathroom. All you need for hot water in shower and in the sink in the bathroom and in the kitchen is to purchase electric water heater and install it.

I do not know for sure about fans for bathroom and kitchen (havn't seen any holes and power supply, just normal windows) but we'll have everything ready for installation AC in rooms

IVA
Hi
I think its the norm to have to buy your own water heaters ect in an off plan apartments unless you buy a turn key one. As for a fan in the bathroom from the photos that i,ve seen I doubt that you would get a fan in my bathroom.
But then again I would'nt want one. And surly depending on what size aircon you put in the living room/ kitchen would'nt that be enough to cool or heat that part of the apartment. Please correct me if i,m wrong. Plus I think its a bit too late for me to start worrying about what or whats not included. I should have asked these questions before I signed my contract
Maggie

I

IVA

Do you know how much the water heaterS cost? Fitting cost?
Hello Mussa,
thanks to Matilda you know the prices for water heaters and i'd like to add that in Spinneys (http://www.spinneys.com/Egypt) that is situated in Senzo mall, just in 10 minutes driving from Makadi you can easily to buy it and not only heaters. And they often have promotions so there is chance to save money.
As for fitting, it's not a problem because everything will be ready for installation (piping and power supply) so we can do it ourselves. or ask smb who can do it. In Hurghada 1 hour of this kind of works cost approx. 60 LE (or negotiable :))

A

AAF

Hello all,
Reply received from Orascom Sales Director....

"...... kindly note that the only change is that the commercial area is now out of the center of the 4 Qs to leave bigger space for the club. The hospital and school are still in the same place as before. Regarding facilities, all mentioned below facilities are likely to be completed by June except the commercial which may take another one or two months to be completed."

facilities = roads/landscaping/transport
Guess we all feel better now!?

Ron1621

Ron1621

Hello all,
Reply received from Orascom Sales Director....

"...... kindly note that the only change is that the commercial area is now out of the center of the 4 Qs to leave bigger space for the club. The hospital and school are still in the same place as before. Regarding facilities, all mentioned below facilities are likely to be completed by June except the commercial which may take another one or two months to be completed."

facilities = roads/landscaping/transport
Guess we all feel better now!?
Well actually NO !I do not feel better! I actually feel that what has happened is a total disregard for me as an owner. Plans must have been submitted to the Governate to be approved and once approved they are then published. I have purchased based on the published plans and so has everyone else. If those plans require a change for whatever reason then surely the owners should be consulted BEFORE they go for approval to amend. What is the reason for the change of plan is it because of environmental or is it technological reasons why haven't we been consulted? People cannot be treated like this it is bang out of order. Whilst I may have purchased an apartment in an area I have purchased based on firm plans of available facilitities. To put it in persepective what if Orascom decide they dont want to fulfill other elements of the plan ie hospital/school what do we do then? :banghead::banghead:

M

maggie

Well actually NO !I do not feel better! I actually feel that what has happened is a total disregard for me as an owner. Plans must have been submitted to the Governate to be approved and once approved they are then published. I have purchased based on the published plans and so has everyone else. If those plans require a change for whatever reason then surely the owners should be consulted BEFORE they go for approval to amend. What is the reason for the change of plan is it because of environmental or is it technological reasons why haven't we been consulted? People cannot be treated like this it is bang out of order. Whilst I may have purchased an apartment in an area I have purchased based on firm plans of available facilitities. To put it in persepective what if Orascom decide they dont want to fulfill other elements of the plan ie hospital/school what do we do then? :banghead::banghead:

read article 4 of your contract. I dont know if this will answers any questions

The Seller may, if the general interest
of the Resort so requires, or as may
be requested by the Government,
without entitlement on the part of the
Buyer to request compensation,
rescission or termination of this
Agreement, make such reasonable
variations to the Master Plan, the Site
Plan and/or the Unit, provided that
such variation does not materially
and adversely affect the interest of
the Buyer.
من المتفق عليه صراحة بين المتعاقدين أنه يجوز للبائع أن
يعدل الخطة الرئيسية و/أو خطة الموقع و/أو الوحدة محل هذا
العقد إذا طلبت الدولة هذا أو إذا اقتضته المصلحة العامة
للقرية، ولا يكون للمشتري الحق في طلب فسخ هذا العقد ما
لم يكن قد ترتب على هذا التعديل ضرر مباشر للمشتري.

Last edited:
R

rumbaba

Thank you Maggie for clarifying the legal position on this.

I do not see an expanded club with more facilities as a bad thing. Whilst some people will now be further away from the shops being located at the entrance to the development will mean that you still pass them on your way in and out. I recall that there will also be an internal transport system for the whole area so access to the shops shouldn't be too restricted.

Kind regards,

Rumbaba

Ron1621

Ron1621

I think everyone is missing the point here. If the alteration adversely affects the interest of the buyer - (This is an objective point within the contract and on that basis the buyer would say if it adversely affects them not the developer) how does anyone know if they are not told/consulted or informed. there will be buyers out there who may not even be aware of this forum or the plan changes. I am not saying that moving the shops is a good or bad thing but a multi million pound organisation should be doing it right and the very least inform all purchasers of the change of plan with the reasons behind it.

M

maggie

I think everyone is missing the point here. If the alteration adversely affects the interest of the buyer - (This is an objective point within the contract and on that basis the buyer would say if it adversely affects them not the developer) how does anyone know if they are not told/consulted or informed. there will be buyers out there who may not even be aware of this forum or the plan changes. I am not saying that moving the shops is a good or bad thing but a multi million pound organisation should be doing it right and the very least inform all purchasers of the change of plan with the reasons behind it.
Hi,all
All I was doing was just showing what it says in my contract. I agree with what you are saying Ron. But I don't think that it states in my contract that Orascom have to inform me of any changes to the plans.
But out of commom courtesy it might have shown some thought for the investors to be have been made aware of what was happening and why.
But then again should it be now the job of our solicitors to find out way these changers have been made and what effect it might have on their clients. Is'nt that what we have paid them for to look after our interest :questionmark:
It also looks like I will have to buy a :bike: now:laugh:

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
This is EGYPT..... And this is ORASCOM you are dealing with.

Previous posts have mentioned the strict regime Orascom has and ties it to the letter of the contract. Owners will need to scrutinise this, as your point Ron is only the beginning of your relationship with this company and the management that follows.

Alan.
Coralife-Style Consultants.

M

maggie

This is EGYPT..... And this is ORASCOM you are dealing with.

Previous posts have mentioned the strict regime Orascom has and ties it to the letter of the contract. Owners will need to scrutinise this, as your point Ron is only the beginning of your relationship with this company and the management that follows.

Alan.
Coralife-Style Consultants.[/QUOTE
Hi Aan
Is,nt the job of scrutiniseing our contract what we paid our solicitor to do ??? Plus in a early post of mine did'nt I say its a bit to late to start now complaining about what and whats not writtern my contract.
And yes Alan you are right.
This is Egypt. And this is Orascom that we are dealing with. Need we say more.

R

rumbaba

Does anyone have a copy of the new plan for the club area and shopping area now?

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Hi Maggie.

Yes you are correct. It is the job of Orascom's solicitor to inform each owner's solicitor who should be dealing with such changes and then reporting to the agents. If there are new plans, they should have been distributed at the same time as getting them approved....

But this is EGYPT and these so called professionals can't think for themselves. These forums seem to have more influence, but it makes us angry everytime this sort of thing happens..

Alan.

Last edited:
M

maggie

Hi Maggie.

Yes you are correct. It is the job of Orascom's solicitor to inform each owner's solicitor who should be dealing with such changes and then reporting to the agents. If there are new plans, they should have been distributed at the same time as getting them approved....

But this is EGYPT and these so called professionals can't think for themselves. These forums seem to have more influence, but it makes us angry everytime this sort of thing happens..

Alan.
Hi Alan,
I will contact my agent to see if hes heard anything.
Maggie.

Ron1621

Ron1621

I contacted mine yesterday and he hasn't he's chasing it up with his Egypt office. I bought through Sun Homes Overseas.

Regards

Ron

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Maybe these "professionals" are keeping their heads down in the witch-hunt for corrupt Egyptian companies.

I

IVA

Hi all,
I got qoutation for Aircons. Brief information:
brands: Union Air, White whale, Fresh, LG
power:1.5 hp, 2.25hp, 3hp
prices from 2 650 LE to 4 950LE
5 years of warrantee
1 year of free mainenance
installation

Kind regards,
Inessa

M

maggie

Hi all,
I got qoutation for Aircons. Brief information:
brands: Union Air, White whale, Fresh, LG
power:1.5 hp, 2.25hp, 3hp
prices from 2 650 LE to 4 950LE
5 years of warrantee
1 year of free mainenance
installation

Kind regards,
Inessa
Hi Inessa
thank you for this info I,m now beginning to get an idea of how much I will have to spend on the things that I will need. I,ve also looked at the Spinnies webpage and for a TV, toaster,kettle, microwave, and a small holigen cooker the same sort that I use every day at home comes to just over £300 which is not to bad. If you buy a furniture pack you will get every thing you will need from furniture to spoons to tea towles, mugs to bed covers. I think it just depends on every ones budget or if they don,t want the bother of doing all the shopping themselfs
maggie

I

IVA

Hi Inessa
thank you for this info I,m now beginning to get an idea of how much I will have to spend on the things that I will need. I,ve also looked at the Spinnies webpage and for a TV, toaster,kettle, microwave, and a small holigen cooker the same sort that I use every day at home comes to just over £300 which is not to bad. If you buy a furniture pack you will get every thing you will need from furniture to spoons to tea towles, mugs to bed covers. I think it just depends on every ones budget or if they don,t want the bother of doing all the shopping themselfs
maggie
Hello Maggie,
But i didn't see any offer of furniture pack from anybody. :-( And I hardly can imagine what it can include and how much it can cost. Alaa promised to post one but still waiting for it. And what about pleasure of making shopping for your own home on your taste and bring individuality in it? As for me I am ready to spent time for it! ... and save money as well.
IVA