Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

M

Mussa1

I just had a look at my contract also, it is 6.5% for service and maintenance payment. i bought in q2 so my payment is dated 01 May 2011. Its on the contract on the payment plan, the last line under the total.

Thanks mussa for the reply, i bought through colour investments and in the preliminary break down costs over the 5 year it states that there will be a 1 off payment of 6.5% payable upon completion. ive contacted nick wallwork [colour inv] he states that the payment is writen into the payment plan so will that be the payment that is due at the end of this month. it contradicts itself

D

dufus

If its in our contracts then I cant see any way we can ask not to pay it. Our solicitors must have been happy with that clause in our contracts or surely they would have asked to have it removed. I also think it might be the norm in any develoment in Egypt, plus it might be Orascoms way of makeing sure every one pays, so there we will be money in the kitty for when things do start to need maintaning, and its only a one off payment after all. Bit of advise. I would look in your contract to see what would happen if you did refuse to pay, you could land up loseing your apartment. As far as I can see Orascom are keeping their side of the bargain so I think we should keep ours.
Sorry.
maggie.
You guys all make me laugh out loud. Instead of clubbing together and making a buyers association, 500+ investers in the same project comparing contracts, solicitors advice and notes, you all logged on here essentially to see if it was going wrong for anyone else. The number of people who have commented that their solicitors never pointed out problems with the contracts - WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY! Legally it is sound..it is just heavily biased in Orascoms favour. If you do something they are not happy with, they get the property back; you get nothing. There are no clauses that say if they dont deliver, you get a refund, or if they miss their deadline there is some form of compensation - you signed into this accepting this entirely. I raised lots of issues with the agent I bought through, and after looks of tooing and froing it came down to this: 1. Orascom arent going to change the contracts 2. Orascom have a good track record so thats where your confidence should come from.

Seriously though, 500+ investors, all using their own solicitors (who are laughing all the way to the bank having done the same job multiple times, simply substituting one name for another) , all shielding their contracts from the 'prying' eyes of other investors...it really is laughable. I can guarantee you not one person here has a personalised contract and of the 20% or so who queried aspects of their contracts, they were all individually fed the same #### that it was standard for buying in Egypt to have all these clauses in favour of the developer. I posted, after my own initial investment, that UK buyers in particular should form buyers associations so that they able to make community decisions on maintenance issues, contract variations and a host of other things. Why wait until a project is circling the drain before people lose their inhibitions and seek to cooperate with one another and unite together, pooling their buying power. Its seems people forget that the buyer is always right, but only when they have some leverage behind them. 500 individual requests for change will produce absolutely nothing, that is a certainty, however a buyers association that is well represented can influence change.

All that having been said, i invested here myself. Primarily because it was affordable (read cheap) and because I decided that Orascom was a lower risk than other off plan developers. It is really too late to start querying your contract, especialy on an individual basis. Hope, pray even it continues going well - or take my humble advice and group together to have a louder voice on what you would like to see in your future property investment. (BTW this applies to finishing the properties furnishing as well, there are gonna be about 500+ requests for aircon units and shower rails etc over the coming months - a little group buying power people??:tomato: I'll take some criticism now :wink:

R

rumbaba

There is nothing to worry about here. The service payment is due 6 months before completion as stated in our contracts.

My payment plan showed that the service payment was due one year before completion. Orascom have stated that this payment plan has an error and have advised me to make the payment in May six months before my apartment is ready.

If anyone else has a similar anomaly they should contact the developer and confirm.

Last edited:
R

rumbaba

Thank you for these photos Alaa. It is great to see the development really taking shape.

Why has this thread gone so quiet? Has anyone been out there recently?

M

maggie

Thank you for these photos Alaa. It is great to see the development really taking shape.

Why has this thread gone so quiet? Has anyone been out there recently?[/QUOTE

yes rumbaba the photos are showing that we have done the right thing in buying in Makadi, and thank you Alaa again. GDI have sent us some updates but I wish I could get out there to see it for real, but new job and all that stops me.
Maggie

R

rumbaba

Yes the development is looking great. I may be thinking a bit too far ahead here but it looks like furniture in Egypt does not come cheap. Does anyone know of any good priced furniture companies in Hurghada?

The furniture thread on this forum were talking of £8000 to furnish a 2 bed apartment which is a bit steep.

M

maggie

Yes the development is looking great. I may be thinking a bit too far ahead here but it looks like furniture in Egypt does not come cheap. Does anyone know of any good priced furniture companies in Hurghada?

The furniture thread on this forum were talking of £8000 to furnish a 2 bed apartment which is a bit steep.
Fashionhouse-furniture.com

email Mohammed Hamed he is really a nice person I sent him £1500 deposit for some furniture for that apartment that I lost and when I explained to him what had happened he sent me all my money back. He will even make any furniture that you send him photos of. And its all real wood not mdf. Look at his furniture on their web page. I,m takeing alot of stuff with me when I go over there curtains, bed linin, towels plus some electric things even pictures for the walls. Remember all the best Egyptian cotton is sent abroard so you wont be getting good cotton stuff out there.

R

rumbaba

Fashionhouse-furniture.com

email Mohammed Hamed he is really a nice person I sent him £1500 deposit for some furniture for that apartment that I lost and when I explained to him what had happened he sent me all my money back. He will even make any furniture that you send him photos of. And its all real wood not mdf. Look at his furniture on their web page. I,m takeing alot of stuff with me when I go over there curtains, bed linin, towels plus some electric things even pictures for the walls. Remember all the best Egyptian cotton is sent abroard so you wont be getting good cotton stuff out there.
Thank you. Any rough idea on prices and the budget I will need to set?

I agree it is a great idea to take linen and other textiles from the UK.

M

maggie

Thank you. Any rough idea on prices and the budget I will need to set?

I agree it is a great idea to take linen and other textiles from the UK.
Mohammed qouted me £2500 For a bed ,sofabed cornercorner unit type, wardrobes and a table and 4 chaires (made from wood) remember you can pay over 6000le just for a bed. I myself think its best to email him with a list of what you want, there are item numbers on all the furniture If you are thinking of renting out your apartment you will need good strong made furniture. I,m also takeing some stick on hooks, you can buy bathroom toiletroll holders towel rails that sort of thing that dont need drilling. washing lines to put in your bathroom The January sales are comming up soon that will be the time to look for bedlinin/curtains towels ect, or ask your family to buy you things for your apartment instead of socks for xmas..
Maggie

M

maggie

Mohammed qouted me £2500 For a bed ,sofabed cornercorner unit type, wardrobes and a table and 4 chaires (made from wood) remember you can pay over 6000le just for a bed. I myself think its best to email him with a list of what you want, there are item numbers on all the furniture If you are thinking of renting out your apartment you will need good strong made furniture. I,m also takeing some stick on hooks, you can buy bathroom toiletroll holders towel rails that sort of thing that dont need drilling. washing lines to put in your bathroom The January sales are comming up soon that will be the time to look for bedlinin/curtains towels ect, or ask your family to buy you things for your apartment instead of socks for xmas..
Maggie

just seen this on another forum.

Before you use anyone try contacting Hamada he can get you furniture made or take you to shopping for anything that you require.His website is

Hurghada tourist services and airport transfers..

A lot of owners use him and his prices are brill he also does airport pick ups.

Just send him an email

S

Steveand Christine

I,m also takeing some stick on hooks,
We have taken hooks etc out with us (sticky type and suction type) none of them stayed on,kept falling down. Even stuck a suction type on tile with superglue, that didn't stay on either.

Steve

S

Steveand Christine

a table and 4 chaires
What size is your apartment? If it is type 3 or 4 and only 53 sq meters and you are lanning a corner sofa bed there may not be enough room for a table and chairs. A few stools would fit in nicely along the breakfast bar. You could also use your balcony/patio table and chairs.

Steve

M

maggie

What size is your apartment? If it is type 3 or 4 and only 53 sq meters and you are lanning a corner sofa bed there may not be enough room for a table and chairs. A few stools would fit in nicely along the breakfast bar. You could also use your balcony/patio table and chairs.

Steve

looks like a cordless drill will be going with me then:hahaha:. The table and chairs were in the furniture that I ordred for the other aprtment. Untill I get to see the finished aprt in Makadi then I wont be buying any thing. I am buying some canvas wardrobes to take with me plus storage boxes. I,m not renting out so I might even make one bedroom into a dineing room. I was also thinking about a footon sofa But I will just see how things work out. Good idea about the breakfast bar/ stools.
Thanks
maggie

J

Jellyfish1

Hi Maggie and All

Maggie - how do you take all that stuff on the plane ??? How much extra do you have to pay for that ?? - I will wait to buy furniture until I have seen the apartment - and actually thought that corner settee is a nice thought IF you have a corner - but don't think there will be one ha ha - x Hope everybody is well and ok until soon ...x Bye for now ..........x

M

maggie

Maggie - how do you take all that stuff on the plane ??? How much extra do you have to pay for that ?? - I will wait to buy furniture until I have seen the apartment - and actually thought that corner settee is a nice thought IF you have a corner - but don't think there will be one ha ha - x Hope everybody is well and ok until soon ...x Bye for now ..........x
Hi
My daughter, grandaughter and daughter inlaw are hopefully comming with me when the aprt is finished as they have never been to Egypt so we will beable to share all the stuff between us for the hold, plus I dont mind paying a bit extra for excess. I,m hopeing to stay for a month, but they will only be staying for a week so they wont need many clothers. The canvas wardrobes are flat pack, the same as the storage boxes. like i,ve said i,m not renting out. I took loads of stuff with me for the last aprt. My sister/ brother in law came with me and it was no problem, the only problem we had was that we had to bring it all back again as I lost the aprt. Many furniture makes will work with you and they can make any thing to suit any ones needs I should think. but it takes about 3 weeks for them to make you anything thats why I want to stay for a month. But theres no rush and we can perhaps see how others furnish their aprts to get some ideas.

I was only jokeing about the drill. I,m sure we could get an Egyptian worker still working on the site to drill us a few holes.
Maggie