Best investment real estate locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LostAngel22

If you had US$200,000 to invest in real estate. which locations would you choose to invest for best short term and best long term investments?

TH4S

TH4S

equitycreditt,

If you have nothing of interest to post. please do post not at all,

F

Fizzypopp

I think Dubai has plenty of room to go - especially in the Commercial sector. As so many companies are moving in from all over the world as this is an increasingly popular centre for world commerce you will find that the single unit investor or private vacation home purchaser will be replaced by the company executives looking to buy nice property or rent out. Hence why the better locations and higher spec property will still be an attractive bet fro some time. If you look at London UK, Hong Kong, New York, all financial centres the prices have continued to rise.

I can give you some insider information if you wish.

Good luck.

Paul

A

AustralianInvestor

This might sound like a really stupid question but Dubai is the capital city of United Arab Emirates, which is apart of the Middle East. How does the current civil wars in the Middle East effect UAE as a country, is there a high chance of a civil war in UAE as well? UAE is also next door to Iran, Iran and their nuclear projects have been under major scrutiny by the US, what if a war breaks out in Iran, how would that affect UAE and Dubai's property market in the near future?

F

FlexiBox

HI AI,
Not a stupid question but a very pertinent one I think. Investors can't be blind to the geo-political situation in the area. I would also like to know what Middle East investors are thinking about this. What kind of incident would it take for everyone to decide to sell at the same time.

I know Dubai is different, independant and very forward thinking to factor in when the oil drys up BUT still it is a concern to me. Other areas like Europe (Germany) and Morocco are looking more attractive in my opinion.

T

The Soup Dragon

Gregreed, you could say much the same about the UK (bar the sunshine) yet house prices are rising on average by single digits and actually falling in some areas. Like the UK, haven't house prices in Oz been rising significantly in last few years? This could be a sign that market has reached or is approaching its true level.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Where to Invest for the best return?

www.goldbergglobal.com said:
I think to start with Abu Dhubi, is the capital of UAE rather than Dubai.
Obviously there are major imlications throughout the Muslim world, whenever there is war. Iraq and impending Iran. Yes to invest in the middle east Dubai or where ever carries political risk. Or any Muslim country, remember the bombings in Bali to Eqypt, markets are always in risk where there is tension in a region, and there will always be tension as there is different religions. Remember Turkey borders Iraq, again both muslim. Europe is predominately Christian and thus has a different set of rules of living and investment.
Personally I would favour the Red Sea, Egypt. Egypt has a booming economy, is making plans to encourage tourism by easing restrictions on budget airline flying in to the major airports.
There is massive investment going in to areas like Sahl Hasheesh and although I accept all of the comments about political instability in the Middle East, Egypt has always been a stabilising influence.
Then there are the reasons why we buy; if capital gain is the sole motivation then by all means look at Romania. Personally I look at whether I would ever want to visit the place and to my mind Egypt wins hands down! Fabulous weather all year round, 365 day rental market for holiday lets, not long term, five hours from the UK, very favourable prices and the probability that the key resort areas will see growth in excess of 30% pa when mortgages become more readily available. I find it hard to get enthusiastic about places I would not enjoy visiting and, despite the hype, Morocco falls into that category.....the Egyptians speak English and they are much more friendly and welcoming. What do others think?

Peter Mitry

G

gianne

I've done some research on the Middle East and not so many people are out there interested in buying property in the region, obviously because it is war ravaged. But don't forget the fact that many are still eyeing ME as quite investible, especially with its neighboring countries coming up in the properyt market with quite a cheerful sales outlook: Morocco, Dubai, Egypt, to name a few.

G

gianne

gregreed said:
Stable government, booming economy, low inflation, strong growth and plenty of sunshine, makes Australia a great investment place.

Queensland the sunshine state of Australia offers great returns for investors. You can find out about this market at brisbanepropertyguide.com
But there have been troubles in Australia lately (talk of the town) with the new superannuation laws becoming effective on July this year.

I

Investy

Peter Mitry said:
Personally I would favour the Red Sea, Egypt.

I find it hard to get enthusiastic about places I would not enjoy visiting and, despite the hype, Morocco falls into that category

Peter Mitry

Peter I cant get enthusiastic about Egypt. One big desert, no skiing, too hot, a lot of down market development (hence why so cheap).

Morocco is 2 hours closer, more varied (ski resorts planned),a more interesting diverse landscape (deserts included!),and the development is to a large extent aimed at the higher end.

Of course the diving is a lot better in Egypt though.

A

arsiniblatyhokom

Hi,

How about Bali???? it is nice place also for doing investment???? for good return short or long term.

Have a great success for your searching.

Regards,

Ms. Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.