Bargain prices in Bulgaria starting to attract foreign buyers back

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Bulgaria is showing sings of becoming a popular choice for overseas property buyers again as rock bottom prices attract those seeking holiday homes. The country has returned to the top ten of an overseas property portal for the first time in three years. Some 3% of all enquires were directed at Bulgarian property, according to [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Bargain prices in Bulgaria starting to attract foreign buyers back

L

ladybird2011

Mainly due to very cheap prices you can now get apartments for in the ski resorts (now 10K will get you an apartment in Bansko),Sunny Beach and village houses being sold off VERY cheaply.

AnyaLuz

AnyaLuz

I wonder what could be the reason for selling off those village houses in low cost?

L

ladybird2011

There are many reasons people are selling off village houses cheaply. Maybe they bought several a few years back and now want some money out because they are never going to renovate them and their financial situation has deteriorated in the UK or Ireland, where most buyers were from. Personally I just sold 3 houses at a 50% loss but it was because we now want to concentrate on our renovated rental properties in the village we live and not have to worry about travelling an hour to maintain a garden at an old house in another village.

J

jhw

Mainly due to very cheap prices you can now get apartments for in the ski resorts (now 10K will get you an apartment in Bansko),Sunny Beach and village houses being sold off VERY cheaply.
I haven't looked for a while for bulgaria properties.

Pleasantly surprised there looks to be some cheap buys to be had again if you look close enough.

I think I will be making an investment in a couple of studio apartments in Bansko.

Thanks for making me look again! :D

L

ladybird2011

You should still consider any investment very carefully, there is a reason some of these studios in Bansko are so cheap.....there are definitely some very good deals to be had, but you need to do your research.

K

KayJay

Bansko is easily the tackiest ski resort I've ever been in; the allegations of building permits in return for kick-backs and it being described as a favoured place for the BG mafia to launder their money doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm for the place either. :(

L

ladybird2011

Well you could say that about most places in BG though with regard to mafia money - it is rife in Sofia in all the new office buildings, they own Sunny Beach....Bovorets is all linked to government officials....

Borovets is far more tacky in terms of naff shops but at least is a better laid out ski resort.