ad

Bank of England giving mixed signals to investors

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
In times of uncertainty and trouble, investors look towards the Bank of England for guidance and assistance. This is a characteristic of the UK investment market with real estate perhaps having the most to gain or lose from changes in fiscal policy. We can only guess how investors felt earlier this week as the Bank [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Bank of England giving mixed signals to investors

B

Barny

This paragraph just about sums it up for me....

However, when we have some members of the committee suggesting rates could fall, some suggesting rates could rise and others predicting 0.5% base rates for some time to come, who do you believe?
And that's supposedly coming from the monetary committee themselves.

For me, the longer the base rate stays low, the better as in this instance it maximises my rental profit and with plans of buying or building in the next year, staying at the same level or having yet another drop would again only be a positive in my eyes.

An interesting topic to keep an eye for sure but realistically speaking, can't honestly see any changes happening until after the election.