Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Any Advice Appreciated

Discussion in 'Buying Overseas Property' started by armando, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. armando

    armando New Member

    Hello Everyone,

    I am an Australian citizen through birth and grew up in the UK, i have been back once (years ago) basically my wife and i am thinking of moving out to OZ to see how we get on with life there. My two children (aged 3 and 2 have citizenship through descent).

    my main question is that we are planning to go out and get my wife a 6 month tourist visa rather than apply for a permanent spouse visa as until we all get there we wont know how much we all feel about the country. i have heard that you can apply for the permanent visa over there but am not sure if it is the right thing to do and how hard it will be????

    Any advice about this or any other matters that will help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. marcos

    marcos New Member

    You are absolutely right in thinking that your wife can apply for permanent residency here in Australia? If I were in your position I would do it exactly the same, come here with your wife on a holiday visa to see if you like it and then whilst you are here apply for the permanent visa.

    One piece of advice I would give you is this, get as much information together first proving your relationship? this will typically be items such as bills, mortgage documents, etc? that you most likely will not move with so if you ensure you keep then you?ll be one step ahead? on top of that I would get police clearance for your wife from the UK before coming over? it?s valid for one year and will save some weeks when you apply in Australia.

    Apart from that, welcome to Australia? it?s a wonderful country.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page