Ambitious Plans For Oujda Airport Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuzzbear

Hailed as Morocco’s flagship resort, Mediterrania Saïdia is expected to receive large numbers of visitors as part of the Vision 2010 plan for tourism development. In order to prepare for this, the Moroccan government has revealed plans to expand Oujda international airport with the construction of two new runways, a brand new terminal building with bridge access to 25 stands and a parking bay with capacity for 15 aeroplanes.

According to the Moroccan authorities, the number of passengers travelling through Oujda airport will reach 1.2 million by 2015 (compared with 258,700 in 2006). This growth is in line with the increase in hotel beds which will rise from 620 (2006) to 15,942 beds in 2012.

In order to transform Oujda into the main airport for the region, significant investment is being made in the road infrastructure. The airport will be connected to the city of Fez by high speed train and toll road and the journey time between Oujda and Mediterrania Saïdia will be only 35 minutes thanks to the new motorway link which is at an advanced stage.

Attachments

F

Frangi

Hi fuzzbear,

Do you know when this airport is going to be ready? From what I understand, until this airport starts operation, there will no flights to saidia. That potentially means no tourism. Sure, you can cross over from spain, but once you are in spain, why would you want to cross over to saidia - might as well enjoy spain!?

Anyway, digressing from the original point - until the airport is operational, would saidia not just be another ghost town? The only way to fly into saidia right now from the uk is by changing flights - is that correct? For example, heathrow -> casablanca -> oujda

But countries like france and belgium seem to have direct flights. Ryanair and easyjet have not yet announced any plans to fly to oujda - possibly becaue of the lack of infrastructure.

So, the reason for all this rant is - does it still make saidia a good place to invest? may be other resorts / regions could offer better returns quicker?

F

Frangi

by the way, that airport looks like something out of "The Next Generation" - not really in tune with the moroccan theme would you agree? :questionmark:

H

H Boss

Re: Playa Vista

Hi All
Has anyone brought an apartment at Playa Vista I'm thinking of buying but would like to here what you think of it.

Thanks

CHC

I

imported_esmerelda

Hi All
Has anyone brought an apartment at Playa Vista I'm thinking of buying but would like to here what you think of it.

Thanks

CHC
If this is the playa vista on the north coast then yes I looked at this 18 months ago. It was then a relatively small developement that was going to be built down a hillside. The following is what I was told by 3 separate agents but I don't KNOW for sure if it is correct...I didnt proceed at the time because I heard there had been considerable delays on the project due to the developer underestimating what was needed to build on the site. since then I have heard that the prices for the Phase 2 units have been increased considerably but it's down to the developer trying to cover the additional costs of the build not because of inherent market rises.....it was pretty out on it's own a the time but that may have changed with new plans.

I

imported_sherymia

Well resorts in Morocco are really captivating!

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Playa Vista is out on its own. Its on top of hill, its very windy with a serious drop/gradient . People with Vertigo should avoid. All units are 65M2, designed/layout are the same, its not very inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.