Aldeia Formosa - Topjam

N

Nicola BSN

Hi

Does anyone have any information: good, bad or indifferent, on the situation with Aldeia Formosa?

We have a couple of clients involved in canceling their contracts and there is a deadline coming up for this but an internet search has provided very little information regarding the issues at this resort.

There were some very angry post on another forum back in 2009 but it seems to have gone quiet - which is unusual given the circumstances. There was also a class action being organised a couple of years ago - but, again, no further information or results have shown up on the net.

It seems that many people who had paid deposits at this resort were contacted by MRI for a bait and switch but even that issue has not been raised for some time.

I know from our Portuguese lawyer, that the Town Hall has not yet issued the Habitation License (although he seems to be suggesting that this is on the horizon) so we would be interested to know where other buyers are actually at with regard to the sale.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

S

stelus66

formosa gardens

I am interested to hear from you. like you i have been trying to find out information about this development. is it in the same place or is this a new development all together.All of a sudden this development is finished, i am not sure how many people walked away or bought somewhere else.I have been sent contracts to complete in april i would like to hear from you. thanks

N

Nicola BSN

Hi Stelus66

I don't know what to tell you. Our clients are canceling because nothing has happened for so long and they want their deposits back - as is their right under the contract. I am surprised to hear from you that you have been contacted to complete now.

Who has been in contact? The developer, lawyer, agent etc?

If you don't want to put your private details on the message board then send me a private message as I am very interested to find out what is going on with other buyers and why everything has been so quiet.

Nicola

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
My advice with any developments like this is make sure before parting with any more money that it is in fact complete. It is not unknown for developers to say they are ready to complete to get buyers to hand over more cash when in fact they are far from completion.
Unless you see with your own eyes that the development is complete do not believe it.
My two cents worth:smile:

S

stelus66

Hi Stelus66

I don't know what to tell you. Our clients are canceling because nothing has happened for so long and they want their deposits back - as is their right under the contract. I am surprised to hear from you that you have been contacted to complete now.

Who has been in contact? The developer, lawyer, agent etc?

If you don't want to put your private details on the message board then send me a private message as I am very interested to find out what is going on with other buyers and why everything has been so quiet.

Nicola
I can post a private message in regards to this

S

stelus66

I want to cancel but want to visit this development just to see what has been done, how is easy is it to get the deposit back, has anyone got theirs back?

J

Joe12

I know some time has passed since last post here but could anyone update me on the current status of this development. Was it ever finished?