Abu Dhabi vs Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prop Guru

You are right when you say Dubai has done better than Abudhabi.

Somehow I feel that Abudhabi starting prices on developments are high and not easy to digest. Investors are jumping over one another to buy.

Flipping would be the name of the game for Abudhabi, considering that the payment plans like 30-70 or in some cases 20-80....after which I seriously don't know how Abudhabi properties will perform in the long run.

What do you think of Ajman. I feel that the prices are good, infra structure at the moment poor but it would draw a lot of crowd from Dubai. Ajman is what Dubai was when the freehold properties were launched.

As you rightly said Dubai will become unaffordable in time to come.

PS: Are you from Dubai or outside. If you are a resident of Dubai, we would like you to join the Dubai chapter meetings.

Regards

Roshan
I believe Abu Dhabi got lucky starting off at high prices, but that was only possible because of Dubai. if Dubai did not take the first step towards freehold, I doubt if Abu Dhabi would. There is a rare possibility that Abu Dhabi might go further than Dubai in the future as it is the capital, but I am pretty sure Dubai will not let that happen and will think of something more innovative. All this property hype would not be possible if it wasn’t for Dubai.
I agree that Abu Dhabi has excellent payment plans that are attracting millions of investors because of which it might grow as fast as Dubai, but will take longer to reach where Dubai is.
Ajman is definitely an upcoming city, however very new with very little history. Besides Sharjah, Ajman is another city that has had some electricity issues in the past, however several measures are being taken to correct it. I feel that a lot of people living in the Karama, Bur Dubai & Deira area will start migrating to Ajman as it would be a lot closer & Cheaper for them to commute to work. I definitely see potential in Ajman however cannot be compared to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I don’t think it would ever come close to any of the cities.
It seems like you have done a lot of research in the real Estate market in Dubai, quite impressive.
I was Born and Brought up in Dubai and opened up my real Estate Branch in the United States a couple of years ago. I would be glad to join the Dubai Chapter; however I spend most of my time in NY for now. I come to Dubai every 3-4 Months depending on work.
It is definitely entertaining reading peoples thoughts on properties. Keeps me in the loop. Chat with you later. Keep up the good work. Shoot me an email if you can about your history in Dubai. Jethani at ggredubai dot com.

M

mpat

For those people working in dubai and staying in ajman will not be a good option due to the traffic problems in sharjah and ajman (except for low income people who are already in sharjah and ajman ) .but the rents will be much affordable in karama, burdubai , satwa, garhoud , qusais itself once JVS , DSO , DIP , DSC , DG , JLT etc gets handed over, Dubai is parallaly working on Road , sea and rail trnasport system which neither sharjah nor ajman is doing ( or thiking ) at present, which is very important if they want people to come and stay there.
bye

U

Um Abdulla

tereza/ abudhabi investments

tereza , could you please contact me on eskalba1 'at' hotmail 'dot' com
I am thinking of investing now in Abudhabi materials city and need some info asap please.
Others who can help , please join !

U

Um Abdulla

roshan,can u contact me as well please ?
thnx
my email is posted in the link above.

A

altunbuken

investing in abu dhabi dubai and qatar

Abu Dhabi is appreciating fast. We launched a project there, on Reem Island, 2 months ago and it has already appreciated at 20%. We are going to have another project launched soon, in the same area. Whoever is intersted to know more, send me your e-mails and I will contact you.[/QUO

for investing porperties in these 3 regions, where do you offer to invest in?

B

Big Mucha

Abu Dhabi or Dubai....Dubai for me

For someone looking to invest at this time, how would you compare these two markets? Which has better opportunities for capital appreciation? Have Abud Dhabi prices risen as fast as Dubai?
I think what sets the two markets apart is the ambitions of Dubai and the level of Government backing that Dubai is getting. The Dubai seems to have that much more ambition then Abu Dhabi. The level of offshore investments being injected into Dubai, with its nothing is impossible attitude is giving Dubai that edge over Abu Dhabi. You just have to look at the level of the projects in Dubai and you know that its not too long before it reaches par with other prime real estate markets such as Hong Kong and New York...therefor the potential for growth is huge. At present it does not require much investment to enter the market but that scenario will not be for long as real estate value is rising at a rapid rate.
If you are thinking of onvesting then get in touch we have a number of our own projects in Dubai, Dubailand to be precise.

R

Roshan

For someone looking to invest at this time, how would you compare these two markets? Which has better opportunities for capital appreciation? Have Abud Dhabi prices risen as fast as Dubai?
Entry levels both in Dubai & Abudhabi are high. When entry levels are high, numbers don't match and that makes investing a risk.

In both the areas there are instances of paying Dhs 1.8 million for a 1 BDR.

As one member put it, you can buy a mansion in other countries for this price.

Regards

Roshan

R

rudeboy

hmmmm we better start investing in Ajman. its cheap and its closer to dubai then compared to abu dhabi :D. cheap and ok :D but bloody dodgy developers :D

B

Big Mucha

hmmmm we better start investing in Ajman. its cheap and its closer to dubai then compared to abu dhabi :D. cheap and ok :D but bloody dodgy developers :D
Ajman is also good. Its an alternative to Dubai, but however the potential of Dubai is just huge.

If you are serious about Ajman then get in touch we also have currently a few projects in Ajman Humaid City with still a few opportunities to invest at investor level. Mind you our projects in Dubailand, Dubai are not more priced than Ajman. Where as Ajman is hovering around 650-700 Dhs per sqft, some projects in Dubailand are available at 1100-1200 Dhs per sqft and considering the amount of potential in Dubai compared with Ajman, although investing in Dubailand you are paying that little bit extra the potential for returns are alot higher.

R

rudeboy

Ajman is also good. Its an alternative to Dubai, but however the potential of Dubai is just huge.

If you are serious about Ajman then get in touch we also have currently a few projects in Ajman Humaid City with still a few opportunities to invest at investor level. Mind you our projects in Dubailand, Dubai are not more priced than Ajman. Where as Ajman is hovering around 650-700 Dhs per sqft, some projects in Dubailand are available at 1100-1200 Dhs per sqft and considering the amount of potential in Dubai compared with Ajman, although investing in Dubailand you are paying that little bit extra the potential for returns are alot higher.
1100-1200dhs is too much other areas like jvs you can get something for 800 to 850dhs for sq ft. Yeh its only 100 dhs per sqft expensive then ajman but its in MAIN area of Dubai.

I think Ajman is good but it will only get better when they start offering escrow services there.

JVS i think will be a big hit. Its cheap right now compared to other projects in Dubai just like International City was and NOW international city is a HIT and the prices have started going up there. So JVS is for me. I ll only invest in Ajman when they offer escrow there. If they dont i ll prefer buying from a developer who is owned by the Ajman royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.