ad

Is real estate your investment of choice?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
R

realdeals

Long term rental income streams and potential for capital growth - what is not to like about real estate investment?

F

FWL

Initially I was a stocks and shares man but now I see the long term benefits of property investment. Governments will always protect property prices by never building enough new builds to fulfill demand. That way prices stay high, families have property wealth to fall back on and there is more chance of them being voted back into power :)

T

Trey C

Oh wow, this is really an old thread, 6 years ago, why administrator doesn't remove this>?

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

New Orleans Property Investor
The worldwide real estate market seems to dominate the investment arena and has done, in the eyes of investors, for many years. When you bear in mind that worldwide stock markets not only offer shares in property trusts but also shares in companies which operate in the property market, the real estate industry is central to the worldwide economy and the worldwide investment arena.

It therefore begs the question, is real estate your investment of choice and if so why?
It is my investment of choice, although I started with business. I was strongly influenced by Robert Kiyosaki's teachings and he always said start businesses and invest the cash into real estate. I built a business over 14 years and when I started generating enough cash I started buying properties. I exited the business a few years back and now buy and sell houses full time. It is my investment of choice as you are in control of adding value, can use financing to leverage and since the market is less efficient you can create great deals by buying under market value.

Steve Keighery
(moderated)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kevinbratch

Real Estate is best investment choice. It's ongoing passive income and the value increases over time.

D

diyhelp

I would be interested to learn how investors see the issues with China impacting the worldwide real estate market. Personally, I think these current trade spats will eventually blow over because the likes of the US needs China as much as China needs the US. These are the powerhouses of the worldwide economy!

However, in the short-term is there potential to see any kind of foreign exchange restrictions which could limit overseas investment by Chinese investors? There is also today's news that China will effectively ban Hong Kong residents looking to take up the U.K.'s offer of residency. This has the makings of a huge political dingdong!

S

starrjack

Yes Real estate is always a good investment option for making profit.It can also rise in value and prove a good investment in the cash value of the home or land that you buy.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There is an old saying in the stock market, "buy when there is blood on the streets", which effectively means by when everything seems to be going wrong. While this could be classed as a contrarian investment strategy it is something worth looking at. Obviously timing is of the essence and if a market is falling then it is very unlikely you will catch it at the very bottom (akin to catching a falling knife). However, as and when the market does recover the rebound could be relatively strong.

Z

zivakrealtygroup

Real estate has long been a profitable investment option for businesses. As an investor, you must consider how you will split up your available time realistically. Tenants need time and effort. If you are unable to handle it, you may decide to get a company that manages your property and assists you.

N

nzhome24

Well, I would say yes because real estate is a great investment option. It can generate ongoing passive income and can be a good long-term investment if the value increases over time. You may even use it as a part of your overall strategy to begin building wealth.
Also if you are looking for a company that buys houses, apartments or any other property then contact NZ Home Buyers.

M

MechJony

Real estate outperforms other investments by steadily increasing in value over time. Plus, unlike the stock market, it is less susceptible to short-term changes. Whether you rent an apartment or a business property for income or buy a home, you acquire a physical, useable asset. There are a lot of details to be taken in consideration, but the most important in my opinion is 1031 exchanges. If you don't know what is this, you can check it on transfs.com, this article contains all the information that you need to know.

D

Dora Wi

Oh wow, this is really an old thread, 6 years ago, why administrator doesn't remove this>?
Why should admin remove it? Old posts are a legitimate part of every forum and they can still be helpful if someone looks for them. "Necrobumping" threads is not a great practice, though.

J

Justin D

The last 20 years in Canadian property (particularly in the GTA and Vancouver, as well as other large cities) are not similar to the history of housing as an investment. While owning a personal residence has always been advantageous due to its low risk, the returns over a 100-year period are not particularly impressive. I recently read a blog by Norma Walton that predicted that property prices in towns and cities within one to two hours of Toronto would surge in value over the next two years, exceeding the average price gain for all residential property in Ontario.

B

bhupinderbhatti

For millions of people, investing in real estate has always been profitable. People purchase real estate in order to gain from their investment as well as to have a place to live. In contrast to the stock market, mutual funds, etc., is it still a popular investment alternative. Real estate has been one of the safest asset classes in every financial portfolio throughout the years, making it a popular choice of investment for both seasoned investors and aspirational working-class individuals. Real estate investing has a number of advantages. Investors can benefit from consistent cash flow, good returns, tax advantages, and diversification with carefully picked assets, and it's also possible to use real estate to leverage wealth.