Metropolis Lofts Advice

F

Farouk

Guys
Long time no updates since they said land handover is done !!
anybody had new updates other than waiting on signs and boards ?

I do suggest that we MUST all call UKCIG and ask for re-schedule, if the keep getting this , they must change it

I have started and called and they said they are considering, so please keep calling and let's start from the anticipated delivery date which i think it's Mid of 2011 (it's my guess) and re-calculate payments back every quarter
cheers

M

metlofts

Hi,

I've had one or 2 emails back and forth from UKCIG mainly confirming that a new payment schedule is goingto be put in place. I've been promised that a new schedule is being put together and i'd receive it in due course. I've paid 30% so far.

Guys
Long time no updates since they said land handover is done !!
anybody had new updates other than waiting on signs and boards ?

I do suggest that we MUST all call UKCIG and ask for re-schedule, if the keep getting this , they must change it

I have started and called and they said they are considering, so please keep calling and let's start from the anticipated delivery date which i think it's Mid of 2011 (it's my guess) and re-calculate payments back every quarter
cheers

F

Farouk

Metlofts
Any idea how the new schedule will be ? and when is the new delivery date ?
who is your contact in UKCIG ?
Thanks man

A

azeb

Hi everyone,
I have 2 studio apartments in Metropolis lofts and was in touch with Berkeley Estates for the lat one year. the name of berkeley estates has changed to portmill estates and they have done this because berkeley estates got a bad name because of Marina star and Metropolis lofts. In order to sell more apartments e.g. Ajman they decided to change the name of their sales agent.

i have paid 30% and have stopped payments as to be honest noone is keeping track of our payments anyway otherwise i should have had some sort of contact to let me know that i have not paid my next installment yet.

anyway, i have read all the posts here and have the same issues with UKCIG. my sister is in Dubai and will be contacting UKCIG and if required Nakheel and Tamweel to get to the bottom of this. I understand that JVS has had problems and nakheel is not transfering land but what about marina star? why has that development not started...so obviously there is something wrong and we ned to know for sure.

Tamweel escrow manager confirmed that the accounts are current and that the developer has not asked to close the account for these projects which means that as far as they are concerned UKCIG is all good and payments are being received by many investors.

I will update you guys again as soon as i hear anything from Dubai.

Regards

Asim (London)

I

investor_from_uk

Hi everyone,
I have 2 studio apartments in Metropolis lofts and was in touch with Berkeley Estates for the lat one year. the name of berkeley estates has changed to portmill estates and they have done this because berkeley estates got a bad name because of Marina star and Metropolis lofts. In order to sell more apartments e.g. Ajman they decided to change the name of their sales agent.

i have paid 30% and have stopped payments as to be honest noone is keeping track of our payments anyway otherwise i should have had some sort of contact to let me know that i have not paid my next installment yet.

anyway, i have read all the posts here and have the same issues with UKCIG. my sister is in Dubai and will be contacting UKCIG and if required Nakheel and Tamweel to get to the bottom of this. I understand that JVS has had problems and nakheel is not transfering land but what about marina star? why has that development not started...so obviously there is something wrong and we ned to know for sure.

Tamweel escrow manager confirmed that the accounts are current and that the developer has not asked to close the account for these projects which means that as far as they are concerned UKCIG is all good and payments are being received by many investors.

I will update you guys again as soon as i hear anything from Dubai.

Regards

Asim (London)
Asim,

Thanks a lot for this update. You are right about them not following up on payments. I have made 105% payment so far and they haven't asked me the payment as yet. However, if you sell the apartment (which I doubt you can in these conditions),they won't transfer it unless you make all the overdue payments.

Anyway, please let us know as soon as you know more on the status.

Regards

I

investor_from_uk

Asim,

Thanks a lot for this update. You are right about them not following up on payments. I have made 105% payment so far and they haven't asked me the payment as yet. However, if you sell the apartment (which I doubt you can in these conditions),they won't transfer it unless you make all the overdue payments.

Anyway, please let us know as soon as you know more on the status.

Regards
Sorry, I meant 10% payment above.

F

farren

Banned
The cavendish

A road going through their plot.... thats sounds like a ridiculous timewasting excuse.

I know this is Dubai and things take a different pace there but building a road through someone's plot of land.... why would you do that when there's so much other land!

I'll email UKCIG today and ask for an update.

Thanks,
MetLofts
Can anyone tell me about the cavendish ,What stage is it at , start time etc all help welcome

N

NP1

Managed to sell Studio

To all fellow Met Lofts colleagues:

I have finally received the sale proceeds for my Met Lofts studio.

I registered with about 10 agencies and only two responded.

I want to let you know of my experience and what was involved.

To start with, you simply decide how much return you want on top of what has been paid. I had paid 30% when I had it on the market and stopped making further payments. No one chased me.

The agent marked up the sale price as per my requirements and listed it on their website. The offer surprisingly came through within weeks - probably just luck. This was back in September.

I instructed for all fees to be paid by the purchaser and this is 2% of the total price. It may vary between agents etc.

Anyways, I had to send a signed contract to Portmill and some ID to my agent. I never signed anything before as I was always dubvious so had to sign the main contract.

They send this off to Portmill who then make a new contract in favour of the buyer.

This is signed by both parties and the buyer makes an initial deposit to secure the property. If he pulls out the deposit is kept and my agent agreed to share this should it have happened. The buyer deposited £15,000 so was quite serious.

The new contract looks the same as the old contract just change of name really. There is a new payment schedule for the buyer and Portmill were quite flexible to tailor it how he wanted it taking into account the outstanding payments on my part.

The buyer agrees this and receives a full contract to sign and transfers the rest of the money. Basically he transfers the 30% or whatever amount you have paid to date and the bit you want on top.

Between the agent and Portmill they took care of everything with regards to the paperwork - I only signed one or two documents. I must admit that is was quite easy but it does take alot of time and at times I was fustrated with the agent who I felt was slow or up to something, especially when they had all the money, it took them nearly 3 weeks before they paid it and I was a little worried at this stage as this is all done without a solicitor and there is no formal comminucation just emails. Also my agent started becoming rude and saying as far as they were concerned the money had been sent and it was the banks problem not theirs!!

Anyhow on the plus side I asked for the money in AED and converted at a very good time into sterling. I basically doubled my investment. So if you work out how much you have paid and double it - this is what you need to tell the agent you want from any new buyer (unless of course you want more!!)

I know many of you are considering resales, so here are the details;

Agent: Live Dubai
Home
0208 849 8002.

I dealt with Nadine but found James to be of better help when they were sitting on my money as Nadine was quite rude.

The guy at Portmill was very good. It was good to speak to him to ensure that the agent was doing what they should be.

His name is Mills and his number is 0207 025 8531.

So here you all are. I hope it works out for you guys in the end but at least there is hope on resales front. Apparently my buyer contacted UKCIG in Dubai for an explanation on the delays so knew exactly what he was getting into and must have received a satisfactory response.

Best regards

NP1

F

farren

Banned
cavendish

To start with, you simply decide how much return you want on top of what has been paid. I had paid 30% when I had it on the market and stopped making further payments. No one chased me.

The agent marked up the sale price as per my requirements and listed it on their website. The offer surprisingly came through within weeks - probably just luck. This was back in September.

I instructed for all fees to be paid by the purchaser and this is 2% of the total price. It may vary between agents etc.

Anyways, I had to send a signed contract to Portmill and some ID to my agent. I never signed anything before as I was always dubvious so had to sign the main contract.

They send this off to Portmill who then make a new contract in favour of the buyer.

This is signed by both parties and the buyer makes an initial deposit to secure the property. If he pulls out the deposit is kept and my agent agreed to share this should it have happened. The buyer deposited £15,000 so was quite serious.

The new contract looks the same as the old contract just change of name really. There is a new payment schedule for the buyer and Portmill were quite flexible to tailor it how he wanted it taking into account the outstanding payments on my part.

The buyer agrees this and receives a full contract to sign and transfers the rest of the money. Basically he transfers the 30% or whatever amount you have paid to date and the bit you want on top.

Between the agent and Portmill they took care of everything with regards to the paperwork - I only signed one or two documents. I must admit that is was quite easy but it does take alot of time and at times I was fustrated with the agent who I felt was slow or up to something, especially when they had all the money, it took them nearly 3 weeks before they paid it and I was a little worried at this stage as this is all done without a solicitor and there is no formal comminucation just emails. Also my agent started becoming rude and saying as far as they were concerned the money had been sent and it was the banks problem not theirs!!

Anyhow on the plus side I asked for the money in AED and converted at a very good time into sterling. I basically doubled my investment. So if you work out how much you have paid and double it - this is what you need to tell the agent you want from any new buyer (unless of course you want more!!)

Home
0208 849 8002.

I dealt with Nadine but found James to be of better help when they were sitting on my money as Nadine was quite rude.

The guy at Portmill was very good. It was good to speak to him to ensure that the agent was doing what they should be.

So here you all are. I hope it works out for you guys in the end but at least there is hope on resales front. Apparently my buyer contacted UKCIG in Dubai for an explanation on the delays so knew exactly what he was getting into and must have received a satisfactory response.

Best regards

NP1
Hi What a great post I have been searching for information and udates for a while so after reading your post I rang James ,seems like sound guy and has help with peace of mind thank you.

I

investor_from_uk

Home
0208 849 8002.

Best regards

NP1
NP1,

Thanks a lot for the update. I think everyone following this post would appreciate the time and effort you have put into jotting down the whole process for us. I guess I must say that you are extremely luck to have sold it before the market went haywire. Per my understanding, there is absolutely no activity in the off-plan market in Dubai. So for those of us, wanting to sell the flat, there is a lot of uncertainty. I don't think we'll be able to make the sale in the coming months at least. I had only one query from a potential buyer and even then, Portmill estates were totally inflexible with regard to payment rescheduling and outstanding payments.

Anyway, lets hope that the market improves.

Regards

F

Farouk

All
i just had a recent contact with UKCIG and the latest is that they have 3 bidders for the construction work and they will be choosing one sometime in Q1 2009

Also, the new payment schedule will be released to all buyers in Feb 2009 and will be construction related, not per time intervals.

They said land is now handed over and they are about to get the license to start the work, which is a needed paper before any construction starts.

if anybody has any other information please pass it on

Happy new Year
Farouk

I

investor_from_uk

All
i just had a recent contact with UKCIG and the latest is that they have 3 bidders for the construction work and they will be choosing one sometime in Q1 2009

Also, the new payment schedule will be released to all buyers in Feb 2009 and will be construction related, not per time intervals.

They said land is now handed over and they are about to get the license to start the work, which is a needed paper before any construction starts.

if anybody has any other information please pass it on

Happy new Year
Farouk
Farouk,

Thanks for the update. Actually, it clearly seems that they won't be starting construction at least in the next couple of months. They haven't even chosen a bidder yet! That is poor because even after selecting a bidder, it will take some time for them to start the constuction work. They better reschedule the payments!

Regards

JOHNNY-D

JOHNNY-D

Hey FAROUK. Thanx for the update. BUT, simply, honestly, i lost "HOPE" in UKCIG to start construction :(
i'm really sorry, so sorry.
i mean come on! take a look around, all Dubai is on PAUSE mode these days! Think about it, they haven't started the construction before the bloody financial crisis. Do u really think they can now??????????????????
well, I HOPE SO.

F

Farouk

All
I do understand your concern and for sure i do share the same concerns with you as i have already invested in the same project.

The hope i have is that the UKCIG has sold the whole project and the money is in the ESCROW account and for now, although we have a financial crise, but the we invested at relatively high price and now with the drop of raw material price I think it's good for UKCIG to start construction and add to it that all construction companies are looking for contract to avoid releasing people so i think if UKCIG are smart enough they will get a very good deal in their tender for construction.

Anyway, i hope you guys keep posting your updates frequently.

Happy new year
Farouk

A

Alimha

RERA Gets Tough With Developers Re Payment Schedule

Hello !

I came an article regarding new regulation to restrict developers to collect more than 20 % of sale price prior to construction start....see attached PDF file.

This is a good development for investors to force developers to alter the Payment Schedule to match the construction progress.

Alimha.....a Canadian Metro Lofts Investor

Farouk,

Thanks for the update. Actually, it clearly seems that they won't be starting construction at least in the next couple of months. They haven't even chosen a bidder yet! That is poor because even after selecting a bidder, it will take some time for them to start the constuction work. They better reschedule the payments!

Regards

Attachments

N

nictt

Hi All

I have just received a mail today about my agent (casa dubai) gone into administration. they were UK based in Nottingham, I am a bit concerned about the outcome of this. I have all my original documents fromm UKCIG on metlofts including the full contract and various payment receipts.

Hi harpsdubai
I purchased in a different development throught casadubai 2 years ago and found out yesterday about them going bust when i tried to call them (see the thread i started about them)
Do you have any idea who the suposed well known developer is who has run of with £500k of casadubai's clients money?

A

Alimha

Mills Dosanj...legal Support at Portmills Departs

Please note that Mills Dosanj has left Portmills in London. I was dealing with him with respect to my S-P Contract.

The only contact person in London for UKCIG is Lisa-Jane....all investors should have received an email from her.....she moved from Portmills to UKCIG to support Metro Lofts.

Does anybody know if Portmills ( a sub of UKCIG)....acted as the agent for UKCIG....is still in operation.....I believe they may have closed shop??

Regards.....Alimha

QUOTE=NP1;85985]To all fellow Met Lofts colleagues:

Home
0208 849 8002.

Best regards

NP1[/QUOTE]

A

Alimha

Dubai Real Estate Lawyer

Hi harpsdubai!

I found the following on the web :

James Berry & Associates
API World Tower 3rd Floor – Suite 304 Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai , Dubai, UAE ,
Phone No.: 04 331 7552 , , EMail: [email protected]
Website: James Berry & Associates-Lawyers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, legal consultants

Main Telephone : +971(4) 3317552

Fascimile (Fax): +971(4) 3317553

Office Location
304B API World Tower
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, UAE

Postal Address
PO Box 52294
Dubai, UAE

General Email
[email protected]

Are you looking to get legal advice with respect your investment in Metro Lofts ??

Alimha

Hi does anyone know a good UK based property lawyer who can deal with overseas property in Dubai, any suggestions welcome.

I

investor_from_uk

I want to ask the same question that Alimha asked of harpsdubai. With the way things are going with Met Lofts, e.g. delay etc, is there any way we can hand them back the flats and have our money back. It seems they won't complete before the mid of 2011 anyway!

I am this has been talked about in other threads as well, but what do you guys on this thread think about the future of met lofts and dubai in general? No activity in the off-plan sales, rents coming down, people losing their jobs in dubai, news of people leaving cars at the airport and running away etc.

You guys still think it's worth getting more funds stuck in the off-plan market?

Hi harpsdubai!

I found the following on the web :

James Berry & Associates
API World Tower 3rd Floor – Suite 304 Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai , Dubai, UAE ,
Phone No.: 04 331 7552 , , EMail: [email protected]
Website: James Berry & Associates-Lawyers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, legal consultants

Main Telephone : +971(4) 3317552

Fascimile (Fax): +971(4) 3317553

Office Location
304B API World Tower
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, UAE

Postal Address
PO Box 52294
Dubai, UAE

General Email
[email protected]

Are you looking to get legal advice with respect your investment in Metro Lofts ??

Alimha

T

thomot

Hello I have a studio in metropolis lofts. Can anyone tell me the estimated completion value in June 2012? Thanks