Metropolis Lofts Advice

A

array

Hello I have a studio in metropolis lofts. Can anyone tell me the estimated completion value in June 2012? Thanks

its written in the stars.
noone knows, if the metropolis lofts will be handed over in 2012.

T

thomot

Yeah obviously we all know oh the delay problems. My mate works for dreamhomes and is very confident of June 2012. He's got an apartment there as well. He's talking of estimates of £170000 for a studio?...What do you think?..Or is it just sandpit for the next 5 years?

M

metlofts

Hi,

I haven't posted for a a little while, been busy with other things but tonight i watched that homes from hell abroad thing on ITv and it got me looking back into my 'investment'. I thought rather than trying to find information about Metropolis Lofts which is hard to come by because there just isn't anyting going on, i thought i'd look up UKCIG's other development Marina Star!

#ON HOLD: MARINA STAR, 27F Res - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

Go back a couple of pages, does it look to you like what we're going through. Looks to me to be one of the only plots not doing much and similar excuses in the update email.

Anyway, i'm not anticipating any progress for Metropolis Lofts in the near future, i just think we could all be wasting our time hoping something is happening....

At least Marina Star has got the UKCIG boards up but that's about it!

JOHNNY-D

JOHNNY-D

hey metlofts.

well, i COMPLETELY lost hope in UKCIG to show any progress!
as i said before, they haven't shown anything before the financial crisis, SO WHAT ABOUT NOW!!!???

i just hope that they cancel the whole project and return our money back! yes i will LOSE AED 100,000, cuz i'm the 2nd owner, but i don't care! i don't really care! i don't give a damn! i just hate them!

sorry, colleagues!

M

metlofts

Well i think that sums it up... the level of frustration and worry we all have to go through because they do not provide regular updates or show any signs of building anything!!

My advice to everyone who's invested in UKCIG projects it to contact RERA and ask them for their advice and ask to see the contents of the Escrow account held by Tamweel.

If enough people contact RERA and express their discomfort with UKCIG/Metropolis Lofts/Marina Star/Cavendish then maybe they'll look a little deeper into what's going on.

Welcome to the Official Dubai Real Estate Community

T

thomot

Has anyone heard of the problem with the parking plans that is said to have delayed the whole project?

F

Farouk

All
I have recent contact with UKCIG in London and Dubai.
Basically the update is as follows
The had to merge two plots in one because their both towers are considered as one project
Fencing work should start soon
Construction will be tendered soon and expected to be finalized by Sep 2009
New payment schedule is being issued as per RERA instructions and has to be progress related (not time related)

if anybody has any update please do so and feel free to contact me [email protected]

Farouk

T

thomot

Hi,

That is the same information i've heard as well. Surely a good sign!

A

array

_

Well i think that sums it up... the level of frustration and worry we all have to go through because they do not provide regular updates or show any signs of building anything!!

My advice to everyone who's invested in UKCIG projects it to contact RERA and ask them for their advice and ask to see the contents of the Escrow account held by Tamweel.

If enough people contact RERA and express their discomfort with UKCIG/Metropolis Lofts/Marina Star/Cavendish then maybe they'll look a little deeper into what's going on.

Hi there,

right now, few minutes ago i sent an email to RERA telling about discomfort and stress that i have with this developer. from begining of 2009 i dont have any info, news about metlofs. communication breakdown, from their side.
if they stop and cancel whole project, will the pay the money back to purchasers? i read the title in newspaper that in Dubai cant anyone declare a bankrot. so i pray, that everything works fine and i will have my money back.
FYI, i paid till today 172.000 AED.

M

metlofts

Excuses....

Apparently this car park problem has been overcome between UKCIG and EllisDon. I just can't see them starting constrution. UKCIG have never built anything and why would they start in a global recession?

Just take a look into Marina Star... A big empty plot with UKCIG boards around it.....

M

metlofts

I think that contacting RERA is the best way forward. The more people who register their discomfort with UKCIG the more chance we've got of getting our money back.

I phoned RERA today and they provided me with an email address. You also file your complaints on the RERA web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

array

I think that contacting RERA is the best way forward. The more people who register their discomfort with UKCIG the more chance we've got of getting our money back.
I phoned RERA today and they provided me with an email address. You also file your complaints on the RERA web site.
thanks for email. i ll write there again.

people, what ca be the worst scenario with our investment? i would appreciate your comment what can happen, because i think you are more experienced with metlofts and investing in dubai.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thomot

The marina star is a different issue with a different company now. I've seen photos of a friend next to it and its 7 stories high. My contract for metlofts is guaranteed in 4 weeks. Touch wood, i'm pretty confident. Anyone got any predictions for 20th floor studio value on completion?

A

array

The marina star is a different issue with a different company now. I've seen photos of a friend next to it and its 7 stories high. My contract for metlofts is guaranteed in 4 weeks. Touch wood, i'm pretty confident. Anyone got any predictions for 20th floor studio value on completion?

i dont know if someone can predict the value now. today i read an article about crisis in dubai. focused on real estates. they are still awaiting the ground, probably this summer.
what does it mean your contract is guaranteed in 4 weeks?

btw, i have one on 27th with 473 sqf. i will sell for 950 AED/sqf.

M

metlofts

i dont know if someone can predict the value now. today i read an article about crisis in dubai. focused on real estates. they are still awaiting the ground, probably this summer.
what does it mean your contract is guaranteed in 4 weeks?

btw, i have one on 27th with 473 sqf. i will sell for 950 AED/sqf.
I have a 473 sqf on the 15th... i'd rip your arm off for 850 AED/sqf!

T

thomot

I jumped in on a distressed sale so a new contract is being issued. Interesting quotes on prices. £72000 for 20th floor sound ok?.

M

metlofts

I jumped in on a distressed sale so a new contract is being issued. Interesting quotes on prices. £72000 for 20th floor sound ok?.
Thomot,

If you want to jump in on my distressed sale then you are more than welcome. I'm willing to negotiate further on 850 per sq ft if you're interested.

T

thomot

Already handed money over for the initial payment....My contact seems certain this thing will be ok...I've only just got in on this but i've read the threads and it sounds like communication has been completely lacking?....What was the last contact you had with your agent about this development?

M

metlofts

Already handed money over for the initial payment....My contact seems certain this thing will be ok...I've only just got in on this but i've read the threads and it sounds like communication has been completely lacking?....What was the last contact you had with your agent about this development?

This is to my massive suprise that you have decided to get onboard at this stage... I bought in for about 650 per sq ft at the begining... Have you not read up about UKCIG?