New port

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I am aware that the current Ferry Port will become a Leisure port with hotels, malls, apartments etc. Can any one inform me/forum users, where the ferries in future will embark/disembark. I am aware that the cargo ferries will be heading to the new Tangiers Med port, will the same port be used for tourist arriving/departing in their cars ?

L

lurcher21

Good question! We did an extra 100 kms a week or so ago because we were following the motorway signs with a picture of a car ferry on them - all the way to the unfinished new port and back again. Personally I reckon it's just a ploy by the motorway company to get extra tolls (there and back) :D

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

lurcher21;
OK, we heard you experience. The question was of a informative nature. So are you saying that the signs that you saw was for the proposed new Port. If yes where is it going to be ????

L

lurcher21

Yes, the motorway splits into two, with one direction ''Tangier Centre Ville'' and the other clearly signposted ''Tangier Med - Port'' with pictures of a car ferry, which confused us as we thought it was a new link direct to the old port by-passing the City Centre. It also confused several other foreign-registered car drivers, who all had to turn around and go back to the motorway junction. As for your original question regarding the port - I'm afraid I don't know. The new port does seem at an advanced stage of readiness.

T

Tangier

hi just to let you now that the fast boats from spain will stilll come to tangier port in 2012 the big boats will go to the new port but in 2020 all boats will be going to the new port just frs will stay in the port of tangier

A

allnewmorocco

the contained port phase 1 of tangier med was up and running july 2007 and work has started on phase 2 which will at some stage take ferries etc with cruise ships arriving at the old port

Status
Not open for further replies.