Will hurghada have oversupply of beds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

awahee123

Banned
I think demand is there now,I was talking to a friend of mine who is a manager in the red sea hotel chain,he assured me there's no rooms available at christmas as the dutch usualy book them up.
I didn't really discuss any other parts of the year but I think Hurghada and the surrounding developments will become very popular throughout the year.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Yes ...the demand for rooms is a problem at the moment.
My sister came out on the Tuesday Thomas cook flight last week and when she was flying back we couldn't understand the times on the ticket.
When we called into the office here we were told that because of lack of rooms they were combining flights...her flight flew to gatwick..dropped off then flew on to manchester

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Personally I do not think that the new apartments being built will produce an over supply of beds, at least not in the short term. What is needed is a more organised agency for bringing the availability of rooms together, maybe in a dedicated Egypt rentals site, and matching this to the demand.

A

awahee123

Banned
Maybe we could start one on this site,any thoughts anybody???

H

hiszein

hurghada prices

did any1 know that prices in Hurghada will increase by 17% starting the 15th Jan.08 ?
can any1 update me ?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I have been looking at rental prices recently and prices are higher than I had expected. I need to rent a two bed apartment near the centre in the New Year and I would be interested to get feedback on what I need to pay. Apartment must be furnished and with ADSL connection.

D

dave99

Also interested if cheaper than hotels

I have been looking at rental prices recently and prices are higher than I had expected. I need to rent a two bed apartment near the centre in the New Year and I would be interested to get feedback on what I need to pay. Apartment must be furnished and with ADSL connection.
Also interested if cheaper than hotels

D

dave99

Strange story this

Yes ...the demand for rooms is a problem at the moment.
My sister came out on the Tuesday Thomas cook flight last week and when she was flying back we couldn't understand the times on the ticket.
When we called into the office here we were told that because of lack of rooms they were combining flights...her flight flew to gatwick..dropped off then flew on to manchester
Strange story this.

The local view is that due to lack of hotels the tour companies switched to other resorts which then caused a small glut of rooms again - bit odd if true.

D

dave99

Hotels are different

I think demand is there now,I was talking to a friend of mine who is a manager in the red sea hotel chain,he assured me there's no rooms available at christmas as the dutch usualy book them up.
I didn't really discuss any other parts of the year but I think Hurghada and the surrounding developments will become very popular throughout the year.

Hotels rooms are different. It's very easy to get lots of web-site to bool / promote hotels that have already been classified and checked for safty etc.

Apartments from lots of different owners is very much more difficult sale.

D

dave99

Difficult concept to put into practise

If any travel agents are reading this there must surely be a huge opportunity to harness the growing number of apartments being built and formulating a scale of pricing which could help both the travel industry and the property owners who wish to rent?
Difficult concept to put into practise.

UK Travel agents are too big to be interested until a smaller organisation starts the ball rolling and seems to be making money.

D

dave99

Flight problems

Well looking at recent comments, will there be an over supply of beds in Hurghada? if the hotels are fully booked this month then maybe not.
However there maybe a shortage of flights.
Flight problems are always going to be the biggest single issue - if people create the demand then the prices will stay high since they obviously will sell the seats.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Dave99 is right; most professional rental management companies would want to be sure that the requirements of the British market, and other European markets, have been fully adhered to and that health and safety requirements have been met. Distantdreamer recently raised an issue which came up in El Gouna concerning the minimum height for balconies.

D

dave99

Not a big risk anymore

don't forget the UK market , even it happens I don't think that 30k is big capital
for me I will take the risk , or maybe I can keep it for my holidays
Not a big risk anymore in Hurghada with prices moving upwards and projects being completed.

D

dave99

Not much security risk in Hurghada

I think when a new holiday destination gets better known slowly people start trying it out ,if Egypt stays cheap and good as it is at the moment people will come,I think people are a bit worried about terror but I think this part of Egypt to be very safe.The security in Egypt as a whole is quite good.The sun is here year round the sea is warm the food and drink is cheap what else do you want? Maybe needs a bit more promotion but everything else is here.When it gets busy busy busy this amount of beds will not be enough.Look at other european destinations.
Not much security risk in Hurghada - seems to be in other areas.

D

dave99

Rental packages via the developer maybe helpful

Dave99 is right; most professional rental management companies would want to be sure that the requirements of the British market, and other European markets, have been fully adhered to and that health and safety requirements have been met. Distantdreamer recently raised an issue which came up in El Gouna concerning the minimum height for balconies.
Rental packages via the developer maybe helpful here.

The schemes that give owners a rental income seem to "die" after being sold - there have been many schemes on offer to buyers but I've not seen much evidence of actual advertising of the resorts to get the visitors in.

D

dave99

How much is for non-tourists ???

I think that you are right, with the vast ammount of property being sold most of it to rent out, eventually supply could outstrip demand.

How much capacity is for non-tourists ???

Status
Not open for further replies.