ad

Investing in Scotland?

R

RRolston

Hey guys, anyone else interested in investing in Scotland? Property seems to go for less but yield remains high?

F

FWL

Hi @RRolston

I live in Scotland and know exactly what you mean - with the exception of Edinburgh which is a totally different market, like London is to England. I would be interested to hear your views on Scotland leaving the EU with the rest of the UK, Indy2 and trying to rejoin the EU (if Scotland does go independent). Would be good to bounce ideas off someone else.

R

RRolston

Hi @RRolston

I live in Scotland and know
Hi @RRolston

I live in Scotland and know exactly what you mean - with the exception of Edinburgh which is a totally different market, like London is to England. I would be interested to hear your views on Scotland leaving the EU with the rest of the UK, Indy2 and trying to rejoin the EU (if Scotland does go independent). Would be good to bounce ideas off someone else.
I think certainly around Glasgow where I am based the market is still strong, I have started looking at sourcing deals for people and despite the strong market I have managed to find deals hidden in amongst it all, some really good opportunities there to be had outside Edinburgh! I think things will dip next year though not dramatically, think that lull may last a year but claw back slowly, reckon the Uk as a whole may do that though not just Scotland!

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I have read in many places that there are double digit rental yields available in some areas of Scotland - very attractive even if there is limited potential for captial growth. Edinburgh is a market in its own right - as someone suggested, very much like London's relationship with the UK as a whole.