Before you BUY !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve69

Hi All,

If you are looking to buy a property in Egypt, then please I beg you rent first as it is turning out to be my biggest mistake ever. I have paid in full for my brand new apartment in PARADISE HILLS and as the building is not yet complete 4 months after completion date I am refusing to pay the maintence fees for an apartment I can not live in, with NO pool, NO Lifts, NO lights, NO Gym, NO front doors. So the developer has now decided to hold my keys to ransom and is telling me to take him to court. He has nothing to loose as he already has all my cash and I think my solicitor is on his side because of the extra cash he can make on a long drawn out court case. NIGHTMARE!!!!:mad:

M

Move Europe

Hi All,

If you are looking to buy a property in Egypt, then please I beg you rent first as it is turning out to be my biggest mistake ever. I have paid in full for my brand new apartment in PARADISE HILLS and as the building is not yet complete 4 months after completion date I am refusing to pay the maintence fees for an apartment I can not live in, with NO pool, NO Lifts, NO lights, NO Gym, NO front doors. So the developer has now decided to hold my keys to ransom and is telling me to take him to court. He has nothing to loose as he already has all my cash and I think my solicitor is on his side because of the extra cash he can make on a long drawn out court case. NIGHTMARE!!!!:mad:
Hi Steve please can you post this on the Paradise Hills thread
http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/egypt-property/5878-paradise-hll-resort-5.html
Other buyers need to read this
Regards

Claire

J

jimlin

Hi steve just wondering if the situation has improved any, I have also bought a unit there, my lawyer latest advise is that it won't be complete until July 2009.

All the best

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
You Know Steve I really so sad for you but the big mistake from you estate agent side who knows very well that this project has been now delayed for more than 15 months from delivery date and its been in the market since long time and the developer keep delaying delivery date so either your agent wanted to cash the commission or they are not good enough to have full information to protect their clients

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi All,

Steve, you are not alone and it is not just Paradise Hills as many other members of this forum know all to well:mad: I think the Egyptian authorities need to step in before their country is ruined as an investment/holiday location for years to come. It is a shame because if controlled and managed properly it could have brought millions of pounds into the country.

I would hope all the issues surrounding Hurghada at the moment have made it up the ranks of the authorities and they are going to do something about it so people can start to buy again with confidence.

J

johnwayne

Banned
"I would hope all the issues surrounding Hurghada at the moment have made it up the ranks of the authorities and they are going to do something about it so people can start to buy again with confidence. "

Hi Neil - but where can people start voicing their legitimate concerns as per the first post. Is there any sort of 'body' people can complain to in hurghada - tourist police? rather than going down the legal route, which will of course be expensive for the individual?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

"I would hope all the issues surrounding Hurghada at the moment have made it up the ranks of the authorities and they are going to do something about it so people can start to buy again with confidence. "

Hi Neil - but where can people start voicing their legitimate concerns as per the first post. Is there any sort of 'body' people can complain to in hurghada - tourist police? rather than going down the legal route, which will of course be expensive for the individual?
Hi johnwayne, you could try the Consulate in Hurghada (Brian Evans),Red Sea Governor or the British Embassy in London. Another option may be this new body the Consumer Protection Agency CPA::About CPA, not sure if it covers realestate though but may help with other issues like utility bills etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.