Pool Maintanence Costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

altinkumdan

I have an apartment in altinkum which i rent out in summer
Altinkum Penthouse if you want to have a look.
Tha pool maintanence cost is currently £300 a year however i have
just received an email saying they have increased this to £400 which
i am not happy about, it is a small pool and maintanence is paid
by 10 apartments in my block, i have told them i am not paying this
but dont really know where i stand?
Can they just change the contract like this?
Any replies will be very appreciated, thanks.

Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Hi Altinkumdan
The likelihood is that you and your neighbours do not have a maintenance contract with 'them'....who is 'them'? If its a pool maintenance company then they are ripping you off (that's £3000 to clean one small pool!). If 'them' is the builder or an estate agent then usually they are too slack to put a maintenance contract in place and if they have put one in place and you have a signed ie agreed to copy, check out the small print. USUALLY, you and your neighbours can elect to choose your own pool people. NO this takes a bit of effort and working together by you and your neighbours which is where most sets of neighbours fall down and resort to the easy route ie the agency / developer doing it for you all.....and making a fat profit on the side.
A small pool (by a reputatble company and not a monkey) can cost anything between £350 and £1200, depending upon who you choose and how often the pool is cleaned. It is NOT necessary to have a pool cleaned everyday if nobody is using it (so I am advised by the three pool companies that my company refers clients to). I know nothing about pools - except what I am told by clients and pool companies alike. There is no need to feel powerless to price rises but you have to be prepared to put in a bit of leg work speaking with your neighbours.
Good Luck
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.