OASIS projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J4hurghada

Banned
also dont know if they are like our's with the gas cooker it is connected to a gas bottle, think all hurghada is like this.

Also my bathroom is 3/4 tiled and that is fine dont worry about that.

I found washing machine a must!! due to the kids and washing towels and clothes every day.

Hope this helps anyone.

Jayne

Last edited:
C

Con96

also dont know if they are like our's with the gas cooker it is connected to a gas bottle, think all hurghada is like this.

Also my bathroom is 3/4 tiled and that is fine dont worry about that.

I found washing machine a must!! due to the kids and washing towels and clothes every day.

Hope this helps anyone.

Jayne

Hi Jayne
Gas bottle?? Does that mean i have to find a gas bottle supplier? Do you just have the 2 burner electric rings on the worktop?.Is £190 a bit expensive for a 4 burner, there was me thinkin i was getting a proper hob..!!!
My thoughts exactly on the washing machine..!! The bathroom doesnt have much storage, so i went for the marble worktop set in a unit, its a bit pricey at £250, but its somewhere nice to unload toiletries.
Pls advise
thanks Julie

L

lyndsay552

Julie, you've got me woried now, did you get a price list of extras from iraida? I didn't. Hope everything is ok????????????????

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Julie I didn't hear you mention a dishwasher? Is there something you haven't told your hubby? Maybe you've bought him a new pinny instead?!!

C

Con96

Julie, you've got me woried now, did you get a price list of extras from iraida? I didn't. Hope everything is ok????????????????
Lyndsay,

I pestered Nick to get it for me...i wanted the breakfast bar in and as Mohammed is in Cairo, Nick has dealt with a Natalij, who advised that it was a little late for extras as deadline was 31 dec 07. But she advised Nick " i needed to be quick" so i got list monday,chose and sent back... At the end of the day deadline was 31 dec but they still have apartments to sell. Ps she said that Mohammed didnt give us list as deadline had passed but he said to me in the office it wouldnt be a problem. !!

C

Con96

Julie I didn't hear you mention a dishwasher? Is there something you haven't told your hubby? Maybe you've bought him a new pinny instead?!!
I havent ordered a dishwasher Peter?? I thought id invite all my new neighbours for a nice meal cooked on my gas bottle 4 burner at a cost of £190 and they would do the dishes in return..!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Julie,

Mine is a cooker with grill and oven, thats what you will be getting. But it runs of gas bottle they sort out gas for you but mine has not run out so dont know how much they are for refills

L

lyndsay552

Probably a daft question but where do you store the gas bottle?

J

J4hurghada

Banned
It is in one of the cupboards, next to the cooker you will find you have plenty of cupboard space so don't worry.

L

lyndsay552

thanks, had strange images going through my head with it being an apartment lol

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Guys,

I don't mean to alarm anybody but go for electric hobs it's a lot safer then leaving a gas bottle in your apartment whilst it is unattended.
Not mentioning no names but one development recently had a few windows blown out by a faulty gas bottle.
This is just from a safety point of view,if you are still going to go with gas,the gas bottles are minimal in cost and will last you a very long time,just be careful.

C

Con96

I thought that electric cookers where quite expensive?

They didnt do electric cookers on the list, but from a picture of a turnkey apartment i seen a two ring plug in worktop thing. Not ideal really. Especially for you Lyndsay living there.!! You can always turn it off if not occupied for while I suppose.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
The cookers are fine, and yes when you are not in Egypt you turn the gas bottle off so nothing to worry about i have pictures of mine if you want, but think the newer ones are better too.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi J4,

It's not the cookers that are the problem it's the gas bottles,It would be ok if you put them somewhere in storage if you could ,whilst your property is empty.
It's just a safety point of view nothing else.
Hope you are getting better.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Thanks awahee,
I'm coming too a bit now think its the over dose of pain killers.

It would be a good idea to store the gas bottles while not in hurghada, but they don't so lets hope for the best at least the gas is turned off, and don't think there is alot of gas left in mine anyway LOL. Too many fryups and boiling the egg's for the picnic's on the beach the last time we was over.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

You can tell Awahee's not a chef! My wife would go on strike before using an electric hob! Gas is far more instant and controllable and, yes, when you leave you turn the gas off on the gas bottle or disconnect it.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Hi

I thought that electric cookers where quite expensive?
Hi lyndsay552,

Luckily we have Derek (Propertywatch1) who has been living out there and is better placed than anyone else to give you tips and prices. Firstly Elec Cookers can cost no more than £100-150 and therefore are inexpensive.

White goods in general are not that expensive. As for the issue of Gas bottles Awahee is 100% on the ball. People who have seen the lorries bringing in Gas bottles and how they are thrown around will know what I mean. Gas is okay if you are there and keeping a watch but elec is safer for all.

Ps for those who are renting out apartments can you really trust tenants/customers/strangers to switch off bottles????

Its a personal view and Im sure Peters wife and my wife both in their cosy homes prefer gas (the only way to cook a good curry) but Im sticking to elec and dont mind being called a bad chef..?

pps Anyone who has bought shares in gas bottles im sorry for depleting them.oops?

Regards

Westmids33

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

The gas bottles I have seen in Hurghada are dirty scruffy looking things and need to be hidden away! If there is any danger of leakage they should be disconnected. When we go we will be living there so no intention of renting. You must get your wife to give Pam some recipes Naj! She is a brilliant chef and cooks a lot of Asian dishes but It would be great to get new recipes....she also cooks a mean lemon cake! It is a legend in its own lunchtime in Spain where we live!!

Status
Not open for further replies.