OASIS projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lyndsay552

we will be living in the apartment so won't be renting it out but it is by far the highest rental price i've seen. Couldn't get much info from the site but i take it you contact them and they rent out your apartment?? (My mum has also bought and is considering renting hers out, at least for part of the year)

J

J4hurghada

Banned
for all you that have bought into the oasis developments.

I have had an email off a very satisfied friend of mine that has bought into oasis 5 and has been over for the handover. very good report.

THUMBS UP FOR IRAIDA AGAIN.

L

lyndsay552

Has anyone got their contracts for Oasis Resort checked by an independant lawyer?

L

Lyndhurst Park

RE: Contracts

Hello,

Yes, I got advice from 2 indigenous solicitors when there was a breach in my contract re: Oasis resort. Both lawyers confirmed that it was a clear breach and advised me of the legal pathway I had to employ. My wife and I decided not to initiate legal proceedings – mainly due to the unwanted hassle of taking out a law action in Egypt etc, also exactly the amount of damages were uncertain, as it would be in the UK. Then you had to weigh up what profit could be achieved in 7 months when it is completed. But it has left a certain amount of disapointment, as we had invested for personal use and not rental.

It looks as if Iraida they have learnt not to make the same legal mistake as I noticed in their website marketing on their Marina Project they have inserted into the narrative “The information and plans contained herein are subject to changes and deviations as may be required or approved by the authorities. All art rendering, illustrations, pictures, photographs and other graphic representations and references in this booklet and the information pack are artist impressions only. Nothing herein shall form part of an offer or be construed as any representation by the developer or its agent. All areas and measurements stated herein and the information pack are approximate and subject to adjustment on final survey. * Subject to change”.

This ambiguity basically means that they can alter the construction of the structures etc at any time post contractual agreement. I don’t think I would enter into such an agreement? Call me old fashioned, but I choose a property on how it looks, structural position, capacity etc. If there are no guarantees that it will remain that way after purchase, then investment is questionable. I suppose it’s OK if you invest just to rent or to sell on for a healthy profit margin, but not so if you want it solely for yourself.

S

SEICHEM

Hi people, just found this site,
I went and viewed an apartment in oasis 5 last march 07 when it was just a brick shell I decided to buy it but was worried only because I have no imagination as to what the finished product would be like, I followed Iraidas construction updates which were brilliant. In Jan 08 I took posession of the apartment and it exceeded my wildest expectations, the only downside was because I had the turnkey package and because the apartment is a lot bigger than I thought there is not enough furniture to make it feel homely but if that is my only moan I dont think I have gone far wrong.

P

philthecar

great to hear another satisfied owner via iraida just looking forward to completion of ours now and already started thinking what extras we can put in ours ! Keep the pictures coming

L

lyndsay552

Extras

great to hear another satisfied owner via iraida just looking forward to completion of ours now and already started thinking what extras we can put in ours ! Keep the pictures coming
Hi,

have you received a list of the available extras? Just wondering, do you have the two balconies? I've just noticed that in the photos i took the master bedroom doesn't seem to have a window, only a door?

Lyndsay

P

philthecar

our apt is 75m2 so only have the one balcony. you are right no window in the one room. We were told why but cant remember (how bad are we). Think its because it is going on to the corridor but dont quote me on this.

We have had the additional extras which included choices of wood colours, additional kitchen cupboards, safe. There were a few others available but cant remember exactly what they were. has anybody else taken up the extras and if so what

C

Con96

our apt is 75m2 so only have the one balcony. you are right no window in the one room. We were told why but cant remember (how bad are we). Think its because it is going on to the corridor but dont quote me on this.

We have had the additional extras which included choices of wood colours, additional kitchen cupboards, safe. There were a few others available but cant remember exactly what they were. has anybody else taken up the extras and if so what

Hi Phil

Do you still have the list of the extras available? I want a breakfast bar putting in mine which is £250 as they build up with brick and put granite worktop on,this will save space not putting in a table and chairs dining set. Just wondered when Iraida need you to choose any extras? Dont want to miss the boat.

P

philthecar

soz dont ave details anymore, however, we cant recall seeing optional breakfast bar etc and were also told by them that we had to choose and pay for extras by the middle of december not sure when time limit is for you. may be different if you have just bought or on a different level. We are top floor. Not sure where breakfast bar would go as kitchen kind of in the corridor from what we saw ? Keep us posted

C

Con96

Hi PHIL

I initially went for the 75m2,but changed to the 83m2 which has the kitchen in the living area all open plan. So i asked whilst over 2 weeks ago if i could have a breakfast bar and it was on the "extras list " as £250, but i havent seen that either. Not to worry, will get eventually.!!

P

philthecar

have you recently changed size of apts and if so did you have to pay full asking price or discounted figure ? what floor are you con

L

lyndsay552

We bought at the same time as Con96 and i can tell you, this woman changed her mind at least 10 times in the space of 1 hour!!! And this didn't include the previous days discusions!! We both got a 10% discount because we agreed to pay the full amount within 6 weeks.

Lyndsay

C

Con96

We bought at the same time as Con96 and i can tell you, this woman changed her mind at least 10 times in the space of 1 hour!!! And this didn't include the previous days discusions!! We both got a 10% discount because we agreed to pay the full amount within 6 weeks.

Lyndsay

Thanks for reminding me Lyndsay and No i havent changed again..still buying B30 !! Unfortunately my hubby stayed at home, so i was making my mind up for 2..!! , but as we got 10% off which was agreed at the very last minute, i thought hey, " I can have a bigger apartmnt and pay the same price" so i was going to buy 75m2 but then opted for 83m2. And im on the first floor..! just ordering my extras hopefully... but ive missed the 31 dec deadline with Iraida.Fingers crossed.

P

philthecar

im sure you will have no problems with iraida they seem very flexible with arrangements and after all it can only benefit them if you purchase their furniture !!!

P

philthecar

just been told that supermarket chain bought next to the oasis resort which can only be good for all of us. Believe this must be the start of things to come and further developments can only be in the pipeline ! And finally this means we wont have very far to travel for our shopping now !!!!

L

lyndsay552

I wonder what the prices will be like? Will they be tourist prices?

I'll offer my services as peoples personal shopper lol

C

Con96

I wonder what the prices will be like? Will they be tourist prices?

I'll offer my services as peoples personal shopper lol

Hi ya

Hey a new supermarket, thats great... Wont need to ask Lyndsay or Glen for a lift into town for a loaf and pint of milk.. !!
Ps Just sent my list off for the extras in my apartment.!!

L

lyndsay552

What all have you gone for? I take it you are all paid up?

Lyndsay

J

J4hurghada

Banned
hIYA

Well ive gone for my breakfast bar, the bathroom sink set in marble for toiletries etc, washing machine ( thought it could be all plumbed in etc) and 4burner gas cooker (£190) again to save hassles of fitting etc and finding a qualified egyptian gas fitter..!!!!
I think the extras are pretty expensive £400 for a glass shower cubicle?? £100for a microwave?? So all the other items beds,sofas,tv,wardrobes,fridge etc i will be lookng for a good package deal.
Not fully paid yet,money waiting to go at the press of a button, just finalised the extras and then i will send the lot..!!!
HI hun's

just a quickie, I went for safe when we bought found it a waist of time as there is 24hr security,

Shower!! we dont have curtain or cubicle don't need it there are drains in the floor and it is alot eisier.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.