Miscellaneous Questions: Post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howsbuya

Landlords

Interesting! So that means the landlord has to rent for 3 years? He/she cannot rent for 1 year? And the rent is fixed for the 1st 2 years? Even though the landlord wanted to rent for 1 year only??? Nowhere else in the world would this happen.
HB
Hi,

Below is a reply from my agent in Dubai who is looking after my 1 bedroom apartment in International City, Dubai. Hope this heps.

Salim

The current tenancy contract is for a one year period, 10th September 2007 - 9th September 2008. The rental amount at the beginning of this tenancy was AED 45,000. As long as the current tenant is wishing to renew at the end of this tenancy period, the rent will remain the same according to the UAE government regulations. Landlords cannot increase the rental amount until the 2nd tenancy renewal and this is capped at 5%. If the tenant does not wish to renew, then the landlord is able to increase the rent accordingly. At the moment, a 1 bed in International City is going for around AED 54K.

K

kully sanghera

1 bedroom apartments OVER 1 million dhms

Hello everyone,

Is there a quick was to establish what developments are offering competative prices in Dubai at the moment - perhaps ones that are in Pre-Launch?
Hi steph,
Please check " i-city price rises " posts and you will see that prices are rising daily in international city, the latest 1 bedroom OFF PLAN apartments are over 1.3 million dhms! I have always used GOWEALTHY for my purchases as they have been 100% honest and reliable from the start . They also do rentals too!
good luck!

B

beta_sweater

Faulty Aircon

Is it just my bad luck or does anyone else also have a busted aircon? From the very first day I was handed over the apartment in September 2007, I've been having problems with my AC. Nakheel were prompt to have it fixed (within the warranty period),though I never received a complaint number for it.
Anyway, since April this year, my AC has broken down completely on more occasions than the number of days in a month. Initially, Nakheel sent someone to fix it, but apparently in May, the warranty period was over so they could fix it no longer. The building owner also confirmed this. And the building owner couldn't have it fixed too since Nakheel has to yet confirm the new maintenance charges (meaning it's probably going to go up this year).
All said and done, my AC hasn't been working as it should. I've had to get a private AC repair workers since then. And these guys have a better attendance every week than I've had in the past months at work! So each week, they come in, fill the cooling gas and leave. Also there is water leaking from the fan unit in the apartment which has caused the ceiling tiles to rot away. So now I have a couple of buckets strategically placed in the doorway to my apartment to collect water. Apparently the foam insulation on the incoming cooling pipes was not installed. So they had to fix that! whatever!
Then yesterday, the circuit connector in the AC unit on the roof burnt off causing the electricity supply to my apartment to be cut off. DEWA guys managed to fix it, but we had to spend the night without the AC. I managed to get it fixed this morning, though it's still not cooling. The thermostat always hovers around 28 degrees!
Anyone else facing similar problems? It really boils down to substandard materials, poor workmanship, pathetic finishing and no attention to detail whatsoever!
Any ideas what can be done as an apartment owner?

haider_dubai

haider_dubai

does any one know what is the ongoing price of 1 BR apartment in persia cluster

H

Howsbuya

Some good news!
Maybe you know this already but I just found out that Gammon and Billimoria are in the process of building the Forbidden City replica and the scheduled timeframe is 10 months.
This should be very good for IC.
HB

Y

Yasir

Banned
Wanted 13 units of 1 b/r apartments in International City, any cluster for a 5* hotel's middle management staff.

If available direct with agents or owners pls call 050-2536041

Thanks
For Sale or Rent .. ??

M

Markus

I am looking to buy a 1 Bedroom Apartment in the International City for me to live in and I am thinking of buying another Apartment as investment to rent out. I read that the Dubai Property laws have recently changed. If the tenant decides to not pay rent,how long does it take to evict them from the apartment and is it true that you cant raise the rent for 2 years and then only at 5% a year.

G

gtmash

Is it just my bad luck or does anyone else also have a busted aircon? From the very first day I was handed over the apartment in September 2007, I've been having problems with my AC. Nakheel were prompt to have it fixed (within the warranty period),though I never received a complaint number for it.
Anyway, since April this year, my AC has broken down completely on more occasions than the number of days in a month. Initially, Nakheel sent someone to fix it, but apparently in May, the warranty period was over so they could fix it no longer. The building owner also confirmed this. And the building owner couldn't have it fixed too since Nakheel has to yet confirm the new maintenance charges (meaning it's probably going to go up this year).
All said and done, my AC hasn't been working as it should. I've had to get a private AC repair workers since then. And these guys have a better attendance every week than I've had in the past months at work! So each week, they come in, fill the cooling gas and leave. Also there is water leaking from the fan unit in the apartment which has caused the ceiling tiles to rot away. So now I have a couple of buckets strategically placed in the doorway to my apartment to collect water. Apparently the foam insulation on the incoming cooling pipes was not installed. So they had to fix that! whatever!
Then yesterday, the circuit connector in the AC unit on the roof burnt off causing the electricity supply to my apartment to be cut off. DEWA guys managed to fix it, but we had to spend the night without the AC. I managed to get it fixed this morning, though it's still not cooling. The thermostat always hovers around 28 degrees!
Anyone else facing similar problems? It really boils down to substandard materials, poor workmanship, pathetic finishing and no attention to detail whatsoever!
Any ideas what can be done as an apartment owner?
My a/c crapped out twice too, outside warranty period. The a/c unit on the roof is the cheapest piece of Made-in-Jordan crap I've ever seen. These cost-cutting losers didn't even give us real branded units.

Y

Yasir

Banned
I am looking to buy a 1 Bedroom Apartment in the International City for me to live in and I am thinking of buying another Apartment as investment to rent out. I read that the Dubai Property laws have recently changed. If the tenant decides to not pay rent,how long does it take to evict them from the apartment and is it true that you cant raise the rent for 2 years and then only at 5% a year.
The Rent shoulh be paid by advance to you and if he doesnt pay the rent ofcoursely you have the authority to take legal action and its true that u can not raise the rent until 2 years and it can only be raised 5%.

I have a one bed room apartment for sale in International city .. transferable .. if interested .. i can send in the details ..

M

Markus

The Rent shoulh be paid by advance to you and if he doesnt pay the rent ofcoursely you have the authority to take legal action and its true that u can not raise the rent until 2 years and it can only be raised 5%.

I have a one bed room apartment for sale in International city .. transferable .. if interested .. i can send in the details ..

Hi Yasir, I know the first years rent would be paid in advance. What would happen if when the 2nd years rent was due,he decided he wasnt going to pay the rent.Is it easy to remove non paying tenants with these new property laws in dubai.Send me your email address as I would like details on the apartment you have for sale.

U

usanduk

Seeking Studio Rental (England, Intl. City)

Hello, I am relocating to Dubai on or around September 10, 2008. I would be pleased to hear from anyone with a studio or perhaps 1 bedroom apartment for rent in International City, (England Cluster preferred.)

B

brendan92

hi has anybody bought an apt in park lane int city, if so do they have any info, i was told contracts are being sent out but that was a month ago.

A

acassim

Do you guys really want to buy and live here? I live in a rented apartment in the CBD (the cheapest I could find in Dubai at the time) and I cannot wait to get out of the place. Every morning you are greeted by the fresh smell of processed sewage depending on which way the wind is blowing on that morning of course! Be aware of this fact before you decide to purchase. You cannot even open your windows during the winter because the smell hits at any time.

I

iahmed

Hi,

Sometimes back some had mentioned the Name of one of the Judges in RERA, who is handling disputes or complaints regarding Brokers and agencies. This person was not an Arab but some westerner. Can someone help me in getting her name or contact details?

Or can anyone guide if I need to complain against a real estate company and an agent what shall I do? whom should I contact?

Imtiaz
050-4526729

D

desres

Hi there
just found your forum today.
I am new to poperty investing and hope you guys could possible advice me on certain matters.
I have bought 2 apartments in morrocco (international city) and are hoping to rent them out,does any one know any good rental agencies and also your opinions on if I should furnish them ?
Any advice on the above or any think else I should be aware of would be gratefully appreciated.:)
Hi

I would use a high end Rental / Real Estate Co to handle your rentals most definately
Are you looking at long term or short term rental if its a yearly rental no need to furnish anyone renting for long term likes to have their own furniture but if its short term rental yes you have to furnish & what you need to do is charge a security deposit for any breakages etc { fully refundable at the end of stay }

Hope this helps
Desres

adeeb.shaikh

adeeb.shaikh

Guys a Client of Mine has a 1 Bed Apt in South Ridge 2 on the 28th Floor That he wants to rent out I am not so sure Whats the current Rental yield in Old Town I mean I have never done rental any help on what should i do.....

J

jakob1986

you should give it to someone who knows. sent me the details I dealt there quite alot.

M

masatoshi

Requesting for rent

I have a One bed room apartment first floor for rent in spanish cluster. Preferably on a a company lease. Any one interested may contact me.
Hi there, I am looking for 1B/R and studio appartment for rent. I will be starting a Japanese restaurant in international city very soon, and I needed for my executive staff. Please let me know if you have an offer. 050-7785-474.

J

jakob1986

5% comission would be in that case 4.000 AED

I hope u know what happens if the right source gets to hear that.

M

masatoshi

5% comission would be in that case 4.000 AED

I hope u know what happens if the right source gets to hear that.

Seems like commision is going way beyound the law, and for some agency, they go up to 20%. I thinks all owners should put a little pressure on them so that properties will flow smoothly with no frustration.

Their excuse is that they are introduced by other party so that they too need commision, "but only 1000AED".

Prompt action is needed here guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.