Marsa Alam

C

Cliff277

Hi all, we have been advised by our solicitor that we should proceed unless we have arabic contracts. The developer has assured us that an English contract will be fine since its all governed under dutch law, but one of us has noticed that in the investment guide is says something like "disputes out of this contract will be dealt with by the Egyptian Court".

Please can we all try to stick together on this one and insist that IPI give us an arabic contract.

The greater the number of us, the more chance we have in them listening to us.

lou
Hi Lou
The quote that says that "disputes arising from this contract will be submitted to a court in Egypt" is from the contract page 6 and not the investment guide and therefor would be binding

Cliff

S

samui13

In view of the details in the contract re Egyptian Courts, I have today told the developer I intend to pull out if they will not issue Arabic Contracts.

I will be totally totally gutted but am not prepared to waste more time waiting for this developer to get his act together. Still no due diligence!!!!!!!

K

kia11

Hi to all
I have been a member of this forum for some time but have not posted, so I think
it is time I introduced myself. My name is Cliff and my wifes name is Lyn, we reserved a 2 bed apartment at MABR early in January and got our first choice of end apartment 1FF020 and received our agreement on 2nd June. I have been communicating with Samuie 13 for some time and joined the group that have sent our agreements to Zeiad.

Cliff
Hello Cliff

I been trying to contact Zeilad with no success,(E-mail)...

I don't have his phone number either...I also would like to joined this group...

Kia.

C

Cliff277

Hello Cliff

I been trying to contact Zeiad with no success,(E-mail)...

I don't have his phone number either...I also would like to joined this group...

Kia.
Hi Kia
I have not been able to contact Zeiad myself by email and i know that I am using the correct address.Samui13 has had a reply but i think that she pm him direct from this site.

Cliff

C

cin7166

I've sent him my contract but haven't heard anything from him yet.

S

samui13

Hi Guys, I believe Zeiad has been on holiday for a week. He is awaiting the due diligence.

Lou

S

samui13

Hi guys, just to keep you updated, Zeiad has been actively chasing me for the due diligence so he is waiting in the wings ready to do our work.

I have asked the developer and they said (it will be sent to agents when it is ready!) so I guess we will just have to wait a bit longer. Funny cause I looked at an email dated 15 June 2008 that said it would be out the end of that week!!)

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ricardothered

Zeiad

Hello Cliff

I been trying to contact Zeilad with no success,(E-mail)...

Kia.
Hi Kia, I've also been trying to contact him for a few weeks using different email addresses including the one above and havent had a response either! If anyone hears from him could they let them know that there are others looking to join the group if he could reply to our emails. Thanks guys.

S

samui13

Hi Rick, ive sent zeiad an email.

It might also be worth you pm ing him on here to ask him to acknowledge receipt.

He is really busy at the moment (which I know is no excuse) but I am sure he is awaiting the due diligence and will then be all hands to the pump.

Fingers crossed, I am confident he will not let us down and will be there when we need him.

Lou

O

optom39

I have also sent our contract and not received a confirmation, so I'm glad I'm not alone!!

C

chriscross34

How many of you have sent Zeiad a copy of their contract?

S

samui13

Hi All

Zeiad emailed the developer on Friday saying he was acting for a group of people and chased the due diligence.

I think he is just used to handling things differently to the UK (but I can totally understand your annoyance that he hasnt acknowledged receipt).

It might be worth sending him an "urgent" marked email to say you are disappointed that he has not acknowledged your mail (I dont think he realises, how are you supposed to know it arrived if he hasnt told you he got it!!!)

What I plan to do, is when the due diligence FINALLY comes through is to email and PM him a list of our email addresses and get his to acknowledge safe receipt that he has them all and will complete them all within two weeks.

Lou

O

optom39

Thanks Lou, I was just wondering how we were going to find an alternative lawyer so late in the proceedings. Feel a little easier now!

T

thepupp1e

Hi All

Zeiad emailed the developer on Friday saying he was acting for a group of people and chased the due diligence.

I think he is just used to handling things differently to the UK (but I can totally understand your annoyance that he hasnt acknowledged receipt).

It might be worth sending him an "urgent" marked email to say you are disappointed that he has not acknowledged your mail (I dont think he realises, how are you supposed to know it arrived if he hasnt told you he got it!!!)

What I plan to do, is when the due diligence FINALLY comes through is to email and PM him a list of our email addresses and get his to acknowledge safe receipt that he has them all and will complete them all within two weeks.

Lou
We received the following info from IPI last week:

'I apologize for the delays thus far in the production of the due diligence documentation. Unfortunately it is something that has taken longer than expected and is to a certain extent out of our control. As you know, the due diligence is conducted by a third party law firm and therefore the time frames is not something that we have control over. We have been pushing as hard as possible to have the information released and have a meeting scheduled in London for Tuesday the 8th to go through the final details and hope to have the report out by the end of that week.'

C

chriscross34

thanks the pupp1e for the update, i havent sent Zeid my contract yet, having trouble accessing emails now i have updated my anti virus software, will email it on Monday 7th July as I got Sue Lovett to send me a pdf version.

Louise, have you already emailed Zeid with a list of the comments made about the contract or are you awaiting any further comments from Zeid himself?

thanks Chris

PS I'm looking forward to when the building begins and everything gets sorted as it would be lovely to have my own little place in the sun, i keep watching the series of the same name....

On a related point, anyone recommend the best currency exchange, i notice pound is worth around 1.26 to the euro

S

samui13

Hi Chris

what I will do, is when the due diligence is issued, is email zeiad with a list of our "group's emails". I will also email him the list of questions/amendments we put on this forum and also ask him for any further input he feels necessary.

I will ask him for immediately acknowledgement of receipt/confirmation that he has received everyone's contracts and confirmation that he will be in a position to report back to us within a week (since we only have two weeks to pay) - although I am going to delay payment until we get our arabic contract too.

I will then chase him every day until his replies:):):)

I know he has been really busy lately but I hope he hasnt bitten off more than he can chew!!

Lou