Infinity Express

M

mathewandjayne

thats what we have done because the bedding in the uk is better.
whats all this bout a BAN ?

S

SUAVE

Why not get your beddings from the UK?
I think thia would be the easiest way, and I don't think the price differs much between here and there!

Regards,

Rammah
Whats everyone else doing if the appartments and villas are ready for habitation.
We need pillows etc plus no kettle etc.
Have sent a parcel over there already with 18kilo of gear and that cost us £150

C

Cazzholly

Ceylan Country Club, Kemer

We took our bedding out with us - duvets, duvet covers, pillows etc. and packed them in vacuum bags from John Lewis. Managed to get 2 double duvets, 1 single duvet, 10 pillows and all the sheets and duvet covers in 2 holdalls which weighed remarkably little. Might be worth buying the items here and paying for additional baggage allowance! Obviously these things can all be bought locally at a similar cost but there is the problem of having no bedding on arrival. Another option would be to book a B&B or cheapie hotel for the first night or so, or maybe ask IE if they could allocate you an apartment in Calis or somewhere for the first night or two to give you time to purchase the bedding etc?

Cazz

D

dollygal

We took our bedding out with us - duvets, duvet covers, pillows etc. and packed them in vacuum bags from John Lewis. Managed to get 2 double duvets, 1 single duvet, 10 pillows and all the sheets and duvet covers in 2 holdalls which weighed remarkably little. Might be worth buying the items here and paying for additional baggage allowance! Obviously these things can all be bought locally at a similar cost but there is the problem of having no bedding on arrival. Another option would be to book a B&B or cheapie hotel for the first night or so, or maybe ask IE if they could allocate you an apartment in Calis or somewhere for the first night or two to give you time to purchase the bedding etc?

Cazz
Yes we took 3 duvets out with us last time. Cazz's recommendation of vacuum bags was spot on. I bought mine from Lakeland. I left the stuff with Infinity in some other fold up bags we took with us so we can use the vacuum bags again next time. I paid for extra weight and an extra bag when we flew with Easyjet.

S

SUAVE

Yes we took 3 duvets out with us last time. Cazz's recommendation of vacuum bags was spot on. I bought mine from Lakeland. I left the stuff with Infinity in some other fold up bags we took with us so we can use the vacuum bags again next time. I paid for extra weight and an extra bag when we flew with Easyjet.
ok folks how about brew making equipment [kettle] etc
and how about transport if we stay at CCC is IE gonna lay on the minibus [dolmus] for us?

D

dollygal

hey boys and girls here is a good site for all your last minute shopping etc.
Fethiye Shoppers
There is also a shop called Korucu opposite the post office in Fethiye which apparently sells all the stuff we need. Laura gave me their name and I have heard that you can order all the things you want and they will be delivered to either your property or to the Infinity offices if they are storing stuff for you. We never actually got there to see it for ourselves last time.

P

property lawyer

Hi everyone;

Property purchase process in Turkey is slightly different than the process in the UK. Turkey is a great country and property prices are reasonable. However if you do not feel comfortable about the developer or any other steps I would advise you to work with a professional.
It is important to know the classification of the land, if there is a charge on the property or not, etc.. (especially when you buy off plan) and yes you should not pay whole purchase price before title deed transfer transaction.

S

Sellas

Hiya,
We overstayed our visas for 2 days as we thought we have 3 months but it turned out it was only 90 days. We ended up paying a 166lira fine at the airport when we left in August. We now might have a ban on our visas until we receive information from Antalya. We just have to wait and see if we will find out about this before our flight on the 23rd. If we don't we won't be flying!!!! So hopefully it will be good news in the next week and we will be aloud back. So everyone don't make this very expensive mistake. Buy a new visa every time you go or work it out correctly!!!!! (trying to save £10 might cost us now £500)

I am staying positive!!!!!! We WILL be there in October!!!

M

mathewandjayne

hi all
not heard much from anyone and we go out on 27th oct
has anyone heard anything recently from IE?

regards

S

SUAVE

hi all
not heard much from anyone and we go out on 27th oct
has anyone heard anything recently from IE?

regards
They said to us they are going to put us up at calias beach for a few days till we have everything we need to move in then after we have done our snagging we can move in. I think they are trying to rush us to get everything done then they can have our final payment. We have told them not to move furniture in till we have snagged. I know the bar and pool will be open at CCC.
We go out on the 26th.

C

Cazzholly

Ceylan Country Club, Kemer

We've been told that phase one is being finished now and that a number of families have already stayed at Ceylan. We've been told that our property is now complete and that payment is required so it looks as though we'll finally be able to stay there on Friday. Can't wait!

S

SUAVE

We've been told that phase one is being finished now and that a number of families have already stayed at Ceylan. We've been told that our property is now complete and that payment is required so it looks as though we'll finally be able to stay there on Friday. Can't wait!
Has anyone actually had an official letter saying that the properties can be snagged?
As you cant snag a property properly once the furniture has been put in. And some laws in other countries say that once furniture is in a property it is fit for habitation. Will have to check to see if this law actually runs in Turkey tho.
Hopefully see you all out there.

M

mathewandjayne

Hi all
Anyone around next wednesday to meet at the pool bar sometime?

R

Rammy

Hi all
Anyone around next wednesday to meet at the pool bar sometime?
We can be there.

Travelling out on 24th for 7 days and staying in Fethiye. Will be hiring a car for Tues. and Wednesday and visiting the club both days at some point, probably after 12 noon.

Looking forward to meeting others.

S

SUAVE

We can be there.

Travelling out on 24th for 7 days and staying in Fethiye. Will be hiring a car for Tues. and Wednesday and visiting the club both days at some point, probably after 12 noon.

Looking forward to meeting others.
We are going to hire a car as well to transport goodies to our appartment, so hopefully see you all there on Wednesday

C

Cazzholly

Ceylan Country Club

Returned yesterday from our first stay at Ceylan :party:

Wonderful to finally stay in our villa - we were delighted with the end result - well worth the wait. We found a few small items of snagging but really had to look hard for them!

Phase one is more or less complete, with a few properties still being cleaned internally. The landscaping around the site looks really good - I will add another album in the next few days. Phase two is expected to commence this month.

We enjoyed a few visits to the pool bar and met other owners which was great.

Looking forward to going out again next April for our first relaxing holiday at Ceylan, though we'll try and get out again if we can find some last minute cheap flights for a long weekend over the winter!

Cazz

R

Rammy

We returned Saturday after a week in Fethiye and I agree with all of Cazz's sentiments.

It really was good to meet other owners and swap some ideas and get some useful contacts for things such as Satellite TV ( thanks Cazz and Dave ).

We were really impressed with the villa, the site in general and the way the whole project is coming together.

I know that Infinity have had some criticism in the past but credit where it's due, in our property we found very few items to snag, and nothing major.

Laura was really helpful as usual and regarding snagging, as she says, the list is not definitive. If something is found in the future- they will deal with it.

Thinking about going out in Feb. at half term, for week to sort out furniture etc. and looking forward to actually staying there for a couple of weeks at easter when phase 2 may be nearing completion.

S

SUAVE

Hi there, ITS OURS :party:
Come on Cazz tell all about sat TV as we thinks it gonna be necessary up there.
Havn't stayed in ours yet but will be doing so very soon. Deniz was great as always and want the best even to changing a tile with a small miss print. Good on ya.