I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msa

Australian property is expensive but is also a very profitable option w/ good returns

I am looking to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property not use it for a holiday home, I have been looking at Dubai, Southern Cyprus but I’m concerned I’m to late, I am also considering Northern Cyprus & Bulgaria, the prices are great but I’m not sure on the risks invoiced or the predicted return I could receive.

I have also looked at the USA as property is hitting rock bottom but again I’m not sure if or when it will go back up.

If anybody knows where the best places overseas to invest I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

James
James,

Australian property is certainly expensive but is also a very profitable option w/ good returns.
The shortage of rental accommodation; high demand; high rents and also property prices are doubling within 7-10 years.
Please do some of your own research to confirm those facts.
For sure that in 7 years, you'll be glad that you did listen and follow this advise.
Good luck!

A

anglachanka

Like everywhere else Bulgarian property pirices will inevitably rise over the years as more people invest here.
The great advantage is that is is so very cheap to begin with and with good advice and guidance you can buy a property in Bulgraia which is of solid construction and just needs modernising and updating.
<snip>
Good luck in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mortagage

It really is all about going there testing the water and getting sound local advice.

M

msa

Singapore

If you consider Asia - think Singapore. the property prices has gone down in 2009 and rising now but is yet in the tolerable stage. Is would be a good investment for sure. Plus the city is in the middle of Europe and rest of the Asia. In four hours, you can reach UAE, India or London!
I agree that Singapore is a fantastic city-country w/ a great lifestyle, but I'm sorry to say that is not centrally located to Europe. The shortest and most direct flights to London will take 12 hrs and 45 mins. It is a long way away from Europe.
From Australia we're a bit closer to Singapore, within 7 hrs & 50 mins flights.
In Singapore there are more apartments for sale rather than freestanding houses with some land.
When investing the value of land appreciation is an important factor to take into account too.

S

shinxxx

Singapore is a country for investment. Good location and good business opportunity.

M

mortagage

Singapore does seem to have a high quality of living aswell.

M

mortagage

But I wonder would property be ultra expensive as I'm guessing it's at a premium?

M

msa

Usually the best locations to invest are in high demand by many, hence the prices are at a premium!

But I wonder would property be ultra expensive as I'm guessing it's at a premium?
Usually the best locations to invest are in high demand by many, hence the prices are at a premium!
Correct! The prices of property in Sydney are high, but they also attract very good rental returns and capital growth.
That's right, there is no gain without the pain!

M

mortagage

Correct! The prices of property in Sydney are high, but they also attract very good rental returns and capital growth.
That's right, there is no gain without the pain!
I know what you mean, very true.

M

Michelle Alden

The Czech Republic, Turkey and Croatia because of the lowest prices.

A

AlexonVietnam

I have visited mostly China, Korea, and Vietnam. But my best experience was to
invest in land that was privatizing from state owed. You can buy way below market
and bank can sometimes finance the infra since you are buying at far below market rate.
You are already in the money if you can get the property rights. China was too late
so I went with Vietnam. Foreigners are not allowed to purchase property there so
you have to work with a domestic developer. You might have to sit on the property
for a while to get the license to build but the reward is enormous! I have found that
for reward and risk balance was right for me.

M

msa

When investing look for a country with stable governments and stable political systems overall.
North Africa is becoming somehow unstable and unsure to settle any time soon.

L

Lysos

If analysis was that simple and reliable we'd all be millionaires !.

"Expected" & "will be" have no place in an investor's vocabulary.

Ivone

Ivone

What about Central America, Costa Rica?

I came down 22 years ago from Canada (Vancouver) and never went back.

Ivone

Ivone

When investing look for a country with stable governments and stable political systems overall.
North Africa is becoming somehow unstable and unsure to settle any time soon.
Exactly!
Costa Rica has all that and more.

Cheers

Ivone

Ivone

The Czech Republic, Turkey and Croatia because of the lowest prices.
Czech Republic is beautiful and I love it (I was born in Prague),BUT for not citizen it's a bit complicated. Plus taxes, DPH etc not very good either.

Turkey :( not stable enough

Croatia & MonteNegro doesn't look to bad.

Ivone

Ivone

Well, wow, I went trough "most" of this thread and saw a lot of opinions and predictions from way back. Interesting to see who was right.

It also looks like if you want to make quick gain you have to go
where everybody else is going and be faster then rest. Buy quick, fix
- sit or sit, wait for the new wave and sell. Or go and pick a
country that is not much on the crowd map yet. I was watching Donald
Trump only couple of days ago and he suggested Central America. I have
to agree, but only two places are IMO Panama & Costa Rica. Each has plus
and minus so potential investor has to decide for them selfs what's
more important for them. Personally I prefer Costa Rica - that's why I
live here for last 22 years. Panama is to humid for my taste.

But also anyone can do little test - assign country to each points or? etc.,
(just an idea for top clasification and winner).

Worldwide problems & Investment climate (ask question about each country)
• political
• religious
• economic
• terrorism
• government
• military
• kidnappings
• crime
• unemployment
• stock market
• real estate
• income tax
• pollution
• health
• population
• possible war conflict
• climate
• high taxes
• taxation unrests
• escalating civil unrests

After making world analysis Costa Rica emerges as an absolute winner (for me).
Being new and underdeveloped country it has none above or at very acceptable level.
Contrary, it has incredible potential to grow and it’s just a matter of time before it will be fully discover.

Costa Rica advantages
• centrally located (not for all and I fully understand that)
• eco oriented
• political stability
• income tax laws (very encouraging-none if you know what you doing)
• capital gain (very encouraging - none if you know what you doing)
• financial secrecy (among 4 countries in the world - so far)
• potential
• waiting to be fully discovered
• religion
• economic
• terrorism none
• military none
• kidnappings (none)
• low unemployment
• real estate (still growing)
• pollution (just in SJ)
• good health system
• population (very low)
• possible war conflict (none - Nicaragua was just a theater)
• one of the best climate*
• one of the highest longevity in the world*
• one of the happiest people in the world*
*Internationally supported studies

Ok all yours - don't chew me up. I am really curious.

S

Steve Hand

Ivone,

Turkey 'not stable enough' - please expand on this.

P

Peterbda

Hi,

I loved Indonesia, but its a shame regarding title? Foreigners cannot have title, its all leasehold. No freehold anything for foreigners.

Peter

Hi James,
Why don't you consider invest in Lombok Island (closer island with famous bali island/ indonesia),
Now, Emmars Groups (Investor from Dubai) already started their big property project,
This July 2010, the new international airport in Lombok will start,
Right now it's great time to start invest in Lombok Island,
Just for your information, absolute beachfront land for sale (whitesand beach) offering for sale start from US$ 800/are
Thanks,
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.