I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
The property market in Cyprus is most certainly NOT booming !.
Compared with last year the property market in Cyprus is much healthier this year. Most enquiries are for resale properties as people are dissilusioned with off plan.
We have been very busy this year and so far it isn't showing any sign of slowing down.

L

Lysos

That's as maybe, Pippin, but judging by the number of developments on hold, unfinished, abandoned the market is not "booming". I assume your clients are 'lifestyle' buyers as noone in their right mind would be considering buying for rental returns.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
That's as maybe, Pippin, but judging by the number of developments on hold, unfinished, abandoned the market is not "booming". I assume your clients are 'lifestyle' buyers as noone in their right mind would be considering buying for rental returns.
I didn't say it was booming, far from it, but it is much better than last year.
Most of our sales though have been resales and mainly the larger more expensive properties. We have sold only two apartments the rest have been large villas.
It seems that those who have money have been waiting for resale prices to drop and now they are taking advantage of the fact that many vendors will take offers well below the asking price.
It is however IMO a sign that there is the start of a slow recovery.
Certainly anyone who has cash or a very good chunk towards a mortgage is in a good position now to get a bargain.
For anyone who is thinking of taking the plunge now it is worth pointing out that if you want to buy a resale property, unless it has full title deeds you need to be a cash buyer as banks are reluctant to give mortgages on properties without full title or the developer must be willing to sign the transfer and many of them will not do so now.

B

BeccaLacey

Hi, interesting post. I have been pondering this issue, so thanks for writing. I will definitely be coming back to your site. Keep up the good work

P

privateproperty

South Africa

Market Research say South Africa is a good place to invest:

S

Spanish Dream Property

The bargains are on the Costa Blanca south not apartments but 3 bed houses & villas spain is good for investment for th moment

S

shoeb

I would like to suggest you to Palm Jumeirah Dubai is one the best place to invest in property where you can have real worth of your investment and as far concern of spending quality time with friends and family this is best holiday place in Middle east with full proof security and enjoyment in affordable prices.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I would like to suggest you to Palm Jumeirah Dubai is one the best place to invest in property where you can have real worth of your investment and as far concern of spending quality time with friends and family this is best holiday place in Middle east with full proof security and enjoyment in affordable prices.
As there are issues with the stability of the Palm why on earth would you recommend anyone investing there? It is obvious you are selling property there and you don't care about your investors.

A

anglachanka

It Has to be Bulgaria...

Bulgaria is a great country to invest in...property is cheap, materials for any renovations are cheap and labour is very cheap.

My advice would be to invest in properties in one area and then employ someone to look after your properties on a weekly basis. This would be to check each property for any repairs which become apparent ...eg leaking roof, broken fence etc and also. By using just the one person this would keep costs low, or of course you can take the risk of leaving the properties totally unattended, but I wouldn't advise this really.

The market here will rise again, probably more quickly than in other more developed countries as there is huge interest from Russian buyers, German buyers also looking and investing here, plus enquiries are constantly coming in from Asian countries such as India with people looking to invest.

Yes, there is some corruption here and this is still being dealt with, albeit slowly...just make sure to use someone reputable to buy the properties in the first place and ask for recommendations for anyone else you choose to employ such as builders, part-time caretaker etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

privateproperty

Bulgaria is a great country to invest in...property is cheap, materials for any renovations are cheap and labour is very cheap.
I would say the country’s real estate markets that are most likely to post the biggest home price gains by 2011 is Panama City, FL, San Luis Obispo, CA, Vero Beach, FL, Wilmington, NC, Bridgeport, CT and Manchester, NH.

S

shoeb

I think invest in property in UAE is the best of return of your investment where law is also flexible and rates is also affordable according to requirement

P

privateproperty

Has anyone considered Panama City, FL ?
It was rated in 2006 to have the best return in 2011.

A

anglachanka

But look at how much you have to spend in these places. In Bulgaria you can buy a detached house from about 4,000 euros with a large garden and within a village so all utilities are available.

D

direct4

How to raise Seed capital

It is indeed the best time to buy as many properties anywhere in the world as the prices have gone rock bottom. Owners and banks are desperate to sell.

I have come across properties in Spain where the bank is selling repossessions for a nice frontline golf Townhouse 4 bedrooms for only Euros 80.000.

Best when buying properties since they are now very cheap is with cash if possible, without mortgage.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KayJay

But look at how much you have to spend in these places. In Bulgaria you can buy a detached house from about 4,000 euros with a large garden and within a village so all utilities are available.
ALL utilities in a Bulgarian village? I've not come across one with mains gas or mains sewerage - and many have no decent internet access, or even reliable water or electricity. I'm sure you well know that the cheaper villages are either dying or have "exotic" neighbours, packs of stray dogs and/or boozing, back-biting foreign residents!

As a holiday home, it's worth a punt - with a LOT of careful research - but no way for investment purposes. There are some good deals in the major cities, for sure, but 4k euros won't even buy you a parking space there......

A

anglachanka

Really???

Well my house is connected to mains drains although the one I previously owned did indeed have a septic tank ...as do some places in the UK.
Wraysbury in Berkshire, for instance, has no mains drainage or didn't about 7 years ago.

If properly installed and used, these are no problem whatsoever.

True we have no mains gas at the moment, but natural gas has been discovered in large deposits in the north of Bulgaria, with the promises of investment by a world gas investment company to extract this ... we may soon have it. Also deals are being struck, as we speak, with Russia for a new pipeline to come to Bulgaria...so 2 options for the future. Biottled gas is plentiful and cheap so appliances like cookers, heaters etc can be run easily enough.

Back biting ex-pats? Well wherever you go in the world really ... they are everywhere. The answer is to live in a region where this is no huge influx and the majority of people are locals who seem to remain friendly and hospitable in spite of all odds.

Packs of stray dogs ? True. Time to do more for them and new organisations are now moving in such as Robert Smith, reknowned for his work in Romania who has recently held a convention and outlined plans for proposed work in Bulgaria to neuter these dogs and set up new and well run shelters. Also education by example works wonders rather than lecturing and critcising...people are curious as to why my dogs are so sleek, shiny and healthy ...so if they ask I tell them.

So, in truth, all is not gloom and doom here, things are happening all the time ...after all this is a developing country, we are all aware of that. But it will develop, all of the villages will not die off ( a similar problem faced by Italy some years ago) and therefore I maintain this is a great place to invest for the future.

I have lived here for almost 6 years now and would say, as long as you do your research properly and ensure this is the sort of lifestyle you really want, then this is and will be a great place to live.

Finally, sitting here in my detached home, surrounded by 5 rescued street dogs (all house trained family pets now) on the internet, with the shower ready to drain into the mains drainage system and the woodburner keeping me cosy and warm... I love it.

R

raisa

investment

[personally i think belize is a awesome place to invest for example i know of 3 properties that will bring major profit returns on your investment

Status
Not open for further replies.