Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordies

coming into Cairo International and then down to Hurghada on domestic.

the ones I have are ideal as they have dvd built in and I don't need to worry about luggage allowance as they only 5.4kg.

cheers, Gordie

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Alan Cockayne of Coralife-Style

I want to take a couple of LCD tv's into Egypt.

Has anyone managed this or have you all been caught at customs?

thanks, Gordie
I take property all around the globe. If I can prove I own and use it (like the mobile phone in my pocket or the camera in my holdall) rather than bought it from a shop for the purpose of using it in Egypt, I pay no import duty. Their customs officers are keen.

In other words get a receipt saying it is your property from a while back. When I buy something second hand, the receipt should say USED and the box not a new one. If one sends a container of home furnishings the shipping handler has a list of all contents. Your own possessions are used and not new.

Or buy from Egypt.... But that means buying rubbish from China.

Alan.

I

izze

I was stoped and mad to pay 50el per inch. It was new and for personal use. I even said I'll take it back to the UK, still had to pay. you could be lucky,if stoped BARGEN with them.

L

lyndsay552

A friend of mine brought me over a 22in LCD with built in DVD player. She just packed it into her case. Another friend just brought the same one over for his apartment and came through Hurghada airport with no problems.

You'll be lucky to get an LCD TV here for under 5000le.

D

danny

A friend of mine brought me over a 22in LCD with built in DVD player. She just packed it into her case. Another friend just brought the same one over for his apartment and came through Hurghada airport with no problems.

You'll be lucky to get an LCD TV here for under 5000le.
I bought a Highsense 22in LCD slimline flatcreen (no DVD) for 1900le from the carrier shop in between Zohran and Kings furniture opposite Abu Ashara family market on Nasser street downtown.
Was marked up at 2100le.

They had LCD flatscreens from 19in upwards all at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

I upgraded my furniture pack and got a 32 inch plasma which is great

T

thompsonsom

Hi

We have just bought a 32" lcd from from the carrier shop in between Zohran and Kings furniture opposite Abu Ashara family market on Nasser street downtown for 3500egp not brand name but has 3 year guarantee and perfect picture. Better than our unbranded 42" at home.

janice & Ian

C

chriscross34

thanks janice n ian and peter. There seems to be abit of a gap in the market for hassle free furnishing suppliers, so all recommended contacts are welcome

T

thompsonsom

Hi

We went to the shops in al-dhar and we have had no hassle, their is a shop called Kings which has all the prices in a catalogue and also more shops nearby.
It is on El-Nasr st,front of alexandria bank, there is a few on there, we bought our beds from this shop, our 6ft bed complete with mattress and quilt cost 3350 egp which we thought was reasonable for the size of the bed and we got the better quality mattress. The singles are 650 + 800 egp and a 5ft is 1800 with matt.
We bought our corner suite from Areeka and that was about £600. The rug was about £75 from next to the al-dhar market.
The tv is was 3500 egp, we have just bought a coffee table & tv stand for 725 each, yet to get positioned in apartment so will post more piccies once all in place and looking good.
I got a small vacuum cleaner from a shop in sekalla for around £40

Thats my hubby Ian lying down watching tv, home from home.

janice

Attachments

Last edited:
D

dave99

How many English channels

Janice

How many English Channels have you found - are you getting pictures from 2 different Sats ( no idea how to tell which is which)

We were supposed to have pointed the dishes at 2 different places.

Hi

We have just bought a 32" lcd from from the carrier shop in between Zohran and Kings furniture opposite Abu Ashara family market on Nasser street downtown for 3500egp not brand name but has 3 year guarantee and perfect picture. Better than our unbranded 42" at home.

janice & Ian

M

M Butler

Egyptian Interiors

Hi Peter,

Just having a look at your furniture. Looks really nice. Are you just supplying furniture packages or will you do separate pieces and make curtains, etc?

Margaret

queenie40something

queenie40something

Please note that this thread as with others are for owners to share experiances and recommendations and not for businesses to self promote.

Regards

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Margaret - dont worry it was not aimed towards you xx

T

tomtom

furniture

El Riad

has opened a shop next to British resort and you can get furniture pack for one bed apartment for £4000 or you can buy everything of your choice seperatly.

If anyone needs any help with this please contact me I do live out in hurghada and can help.
Hi I need furniture for a 2 bed in hurghada, do you have any e-brochures or prices for individual items, would be a great help thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Tom Tom and welcome- please please do your homework on any companies that are recommended to you.

125mastaba

You must try AREEKA furniture e-mail would be areekafurniture at gmail com, good furniture, good quality, mostly from China, but don't be afraid to haggle, you should get at least 10% off if you are firm.

The owners a great guy, speaks good english, you'll have to pay a token delivery charge if you get a discount, don't agree to pay it if there's no discount.

A

andres

Furniture

Need to find furniture shop in nabq area, have you got leads available.

tks andres

Status
Not open for further replies.