Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maggie

hi,my name is maggie i have brought an apartment in hurghada and i was wondering if you could give me more info about where you got you furniture from, yours with thanks

M

maggie

hi, thanks for your reply i,v sent finally home an email but they want my password and username and i,m having trouble sending it to them there seems to be a error on thier web page tried to phone them as well but no luck but will keep trying, thanks again

Georgina

Georgina

Sahara

Just visited a lovely new shop called Sahara in Hurghada. It is along the road after Downtown past Abu Ashara and Metro and then on the right hand side opposite the big electrical appliance store before the roundabout. They say everything is made in Egypt and there are some lovely pieces of furniture with old Egyptian styles. Chandeliers, beds and sofas too. Prices on everything. I bought a heavy ceramic candle holder with candle for LE30.

::Easily:: The UK's top domain name & website company or phone 0121744285

Their website doesn't appear to work or maybe not up and running yet? sahara-gallery.com

Last edited:
M

maggie

HI,Georgina , just tried sahara-gallery again and their web page still not working will let you know if i find out when it is, Maggie

S

samui13

Idea4Furniture

Hi there, does anyone have any alternatives to Idea4furniture in Sharm.

I love them but there prices have now gone up again. Their price is now LE48000 and when converted against the rubbish exchange is nearly 6K (just as I managed to safe up 4K to buy the furniture!! arrghhh. I am now worried by the time I get to 6K it will have gone up again and I still wont have enough). Its a bit gutting seeing as earlier in the year the price was £3900 which is a bit of a difference now (admittidly some of this is down to exchange rates but not all).

Anyway if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Does anyone have a location of a good carpenter. Possibly will have a kitchen made and then just buy off the peg furniture from the stores (will take longer but hopefully some bits will be ready for delivery straight away) - has anyone purchased from in&out. They have offered us a very good price from Cairo and I have actually seen their furtniture in the flesh and its very nice.

Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lou

iain

iain

Hi Lou - I don't have any alternatives to suggest but wondered if it's worth looking at using Idea4furniture for, say aircon and kitchen then buying the rest around as you go.. The currency may recover a bit over coming months but of course who knows.

Of course the point of a package is that you get a better deal but as we've all seen that doesn't necessarily work.

You should be able to collect together the other items more cheaply but might need the help of an arabic speaker. Might be worth emailing Claire and Mohamed who might be able to suggest some alternatives. Iain

P

Peter07

Furniture

Hi all
just a thought at the moment. I was wandering what shipping costs are!
With some very good Sales in the UK + 15% tax off. Has anyone looked at buying in UK and shipping out using an international removal company?
I have sent for some quotes but as yet nothing back.
Would I incur in-port tax in Egypt?
I was speaking to some friends who have property is Europe and they purchase all there furniture in UK and ship it out. obviously the shipping would be more expensive. But a lot more to chose from than Egypt.

Anybody looked at this route?

Peter

H

hiszein

defenatly you will pay customs & sales tax on the furniture you will import from UK even if its for your own use

Hi all
just a thought at the moment. I was wandering what shipping costs are!
With some very good Sales in the UK + 15% tax off. Has anyone looked at buying in UK and shipping out using an international removal company?
I have sent for some quotes but as yet nothing back.
Would I incur in-port tax in Egypt?
I was speaking to some friends who have property is Europe and they purchase all there furniture in UK and ship it out. obviously the shipping would be more expensive. But a lot more to chose from than Egypt.

Anybody looked at this route?

Peter

M

maggie

Hi my name is Maggie hello, like you i,v not had a furniture pack and was getting stressed out thinking i,d done the wrong thing but Queenie and alot of other peaple has helped me alot and like you i,m on a budget but theres so many places to find stuff i,m taking as much stuff as i can knife, forks, bed ,towels ,and i,v just brought a pair of curtains with a bed runner plus 2 pillows to match £11 the lot, a loverly vase for £2 from oxfam shop, plus some voils curtains an some stick on curtain rods till i can get my other curtains sorted plus all my bathroom stuff fom matalan i ,v also found a hotel to stay in in hurghada for £9 per night b/b i was looking at in&out but don,t know where it is yet, if you see something you want in the shops and they say they can,t deliver for a few days i,v been told they get it to your place before you are out the shop if you tell them you will go else so please don,t worry to much i,m 62 so if i can do it you go for it, hope this has helped a bit. i,m looking for electriction if any one knows of one but i,m taking some small black glass lamps i got for £2.50 ikea plus a flat pack floor lamp from ikea £12. good luck

iain

iain

Hi Peter

think tax is a problem but there are some other threads on this forum that have explored this to some extent. from what I recall tax charged can be a bit of a lottery and certainly needs checking out. Iain

S

samui13

Thanks Guys, Iain I think I will be going with your idea, ordering the big items such as aircon/beds/kitchen and then getting everything else elsewhere.

I am a bit gutted because I had decided on all the styles I liked that Idea for Furniture have done and was ready to go. I cant justify paying 2K more just because of exchange rates and that someone has got more popular!!! I cannot believe costs in Egypt have soared so much that someone has needed to put their price up over £1000 in about 7 months.

Thanks again.

Lou

M

maggie

Hi,glad all the info helped i,got alot of help full info of the forem don,t know if this will help but if you are taking towels and that sort of stuff out to hurghada and you find you can,t shut your case you know them plactic storage bags that you suck the air out with your hoover they work a treat as when i go on holiday and don,t want to take a big case that is what i use and then borrow a hoover off one of the cleaning staff at the hotel when i pack to come home, you would be surprised how much you can get in them, but you will only have to carry an empty case home plus your plastic storage bag to take your next lot out, don,t laugh it works.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Guys, Iain I think I will be going with your idea, ordering the big items such as aircon/beds/kitchen and then getting everything else elsewhere.

I am a bit gutted because I had decided on all the styles I liked that Idea for Furniture have done and was ready to go. I cant justify paying 2K more just because of exchange rates and that someone has got more popular!!! I cannot believe costs in Egypt have soared so much that someone has needed to put their price up over £1000 in about 7 months.

Thanks again.

Lou
Hi Lou have you looked at Divanos prices?? Imagine they would be dearer than Mostafa though.

I was quite impressed with the carpenters up at Rowaysat Industrial estate just out of Hadaba. Their workmanship looked very good and their prices at the time were very good and cheaper than the shops. The reason we choose not to go with them as we wanted to deal with one person for everything eg kitchen, sofa, beds, electricals etc.

I have dug out my previous paperwork and research etc I made when I was looking.

One at Rowaysat was European furniture 0123237982 and QDS 0100074260 QDS Furniture ,Quality, Design & Style the Housing Unit 7 069 3601117 - you will need St 2 for carpenters. Another good one is a man called Memo.
Here is a link to others SinaiNet Lifestyle & Travel Guide - Carpenters

Here is a link for info on Rowaysat and map SharmPRO Newsletter • Issue 4 • March 2008

There is a new mall coming out of Naama going towards Hadaba on the right hand side called Viva mall that has different showrooms ( Electrotech, The Bed Company. By here is a place called Shard village with a couple of showrooms ( NewWoodhouse and Casarabra ) and of course Divano and Tagoureys at La Strada.

There is another called Furniture today just by Delta Sharm 012 3329099 and Fashionhouse Fashion House Furniture which is based in Hadaba.

There was a place in Old Market called Sharm lights and Tiwal Home Textiles in the Tiran Mall at Old Market - also a lighting shop at La Strada and a small electrical shop next to Metro and another at SunnyLakes just outside Naama ( airport side ) There was also a place by the funtown that sold towels, beddings, coffee machines etc called At Home Supply

BTech in Carlton Mall Hadaba sells all sorts - havent been but meant to be very well stocked with lots of electricals, gates for roof terraces, gazebos etc.

There is a shop in Old Market called Yasser where you can get small electricals such as irons, kettles, airers, crockery etc. I got a few bits here and also 7/11 in Old Market - upstairs they have got quite a wide range of white goods such as cookers, wash machines, fridges, irons, kettles, tvs etc and their prices where quite cheap - this was back in Aug.

Hope this helps xx

S

samui13

Hey Alison, You could start up your own business out there as personal shopper, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of sharm and I am sure every development could do with a purchaser like you!!!

Thank you thank you thank you - god I owe you many a drink!

xxx

queenie40something

queenie40something

You're very welcome Lou. Must admit I am very tempted to move out. Have been offered a job as well in the furniture business! Might consider it further.

At Rowaysat you can practically get anything - there is even a place for you divers where they supply equipment - re fill tanks etc and mend suits as well. You can get paint, tiles, lighting and there is even a homemade pasta place. Dont expect a shopping centre lol as it is in the desert and it is basically lots of little shops and shed type buildings. It would be useful to take an English speaking Egyptian friend with you to negotiate prices and to help translate. The carpenter I saw was about halfway up on the right hand side. He had lots of pieces inside that he had made to order ( bed, wardrobe, sofa, table and chairs ). I saw his workers working on a table and the joints where dove tail. He had also made some sunloungers and these were lovely - like the teak ones you get here - on wheels with a little side table that swivelled out. He had lots of books with examples in and can replicate anything from a pic you supply. He said he could get electricals as well but there are plenty of places there for tv's, fridges etc as well. This really would be the cheapest option I think if you can spend a few days up there talking to the cabinet makers and shop keepers.
If you were a client of Clares then Im sure she would offer a service to let them into your apartment to fit all the furniture and to oversea everything and report back to you.

Have fun and keep us updated xxx

M

maggie

Hi SAMUIL3 thought i would just let you know i,v just ordered some furniture from fashion house for£2437.00 thats a bedroomsuite, dining table and 4 chairs, sofabed,coffee table and a red rug the funiture is in black so now i,v just got to get white goods so hopefully my stuff all to gether with the stuff i got my self comes to £3000.oo give or take a few pounds the man at the shop said he will exchange the£ in egypt so i will get a better rate so that should save me more money hope this helps Maggie

J

jamo9760

What ever happens,do not purchase furniture off Deleise Design.I have done so and it is cheap rubbish and certainly not worth the money.Very poor quality indeed.There are now several companies out there that supply furniture packs,so dont use this company.

D

dave2u

have to disagree the furniture i would say is well on par with ikea.not solid wood but who needs that and is very stylish somthing you will find hard to buy in hurghada

S

simonjwatts1

re furniture

I have to agree for the lack of hassle by shopping myself etc it to me was worth every penny????
I checked it before i bought it and after i bought it it still is ok. All my rental clients think the place is great and stylish so Delise Designs came up trumps for me :D

have to disagree the furniture i would say is well on par with ikea.not solid wood but who needs that and is very stylish somthing you will find hard to buy in hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.