Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Hi Bigdave

You should be able to post it but don't put in the www and intead of putting the full stop, write DOT. That used to work for me.

A

Allen

Hi Alison,

Many thanks for the advice. I understand that there are many places who hand make furniture but good to get some recommendation from experience. My advice for anyone who is buying in Egypt is act fast. With the weakening of sterling, the cost has gone up 10 pct in the last month and likely to continue. Has anyone else bought in Sunterra. We were quite impressed with what it had to offer and the price is reasonable. Stayed at Delta Sharm recently but although very well developed, unimpressed with service and repetative poor food!!

Allen

B

bigdave

Hi All
Rococo Boutique make custom made funiture from scratch! They dont as yet have a shop, but they told me they should be opening on by early next year in the Senzo Mall.
Email them through the website as they offer cheaper prices because they don't have a store as such.
They did some work for us and we were really thrilled. They copied a load of John Lewis designs for us and they look Identical. Except no where near the price! Its an English run company so they get our style, as apossed to the dodgy Egyptian style! YUK!
http://rococoboutique.synthsite.com

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all, We are using an English Company based in Hurghada abd El Gouna called rococo boutique, they were really helpful and have great stuff. They get everything from Cairo and North Africa so the quality and prices are much better than the Chinese stuff you find in Hurghada.

They have a website too but I cnat post it as I am a new member, maybe if you email me I can send you their details.

Our 1 bed flat all in is costing us under 4 grand.
Hi are you in Hurghada at the moment? Do you have any pics of your apartment to show the finish etc?

I thought the commission taken by her was rather steep - wasnt it something like 20%!

By the time you add the commission you can get the same furniture elsewhere considerably cheaper. 20% of £4000 = a whoopping £800.

Regards

Alison

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Alison,

Many thanks for the advice. I understand that there are many places who hand make furniture but good to get some recommendation from experience. My advice for anyone who is buying in Egypt is act fast. With the weakening of sterling, the cost has gone up 10 pct in the last month and likely to continue. Has anyone else bought in Sunterra. We were quite impressed with what it had to offer and the price is reasonable. Stayed at Delta Sharm recently but although very well developed, unimpressed with service and repetative poor food!!

Allen
Hi Allen - you are welcome. There is also a place by Sunterra called B Tec and they do loads of electricals and furniture. My neighbour bought her sunroof gate here and matching metal gazebo which had a nice design in the metalwork.

Yes Delta is not good if you book all incl through medhotels - heard the food/drink/service is really bad - but it is ok if you go self catering and pay for the food and drinks. This is the 1st season medhotels have used Delta and they have had loads of complaints and I would be surprised it they renew the contract with them xx

N

neville06

Hi Alison,

Allen
Hi Allen,
We have also purchased in Sunterra. Its a bummer with sterling falling arond 10% we are paying it over 30 months, so hopefully sterling wont stay low for too long.
Latest we heard is that it should be ready by Mar 09. When did you buy it? Have you got any pictures of progress. Is the 4* hotel development still going ahead in Sunterra?

Georgina

Georgina

Penny and I did a tour of most of the furniture shops we could find today. Areeka certainly seemed to offer the most choice and well laid out. At the Habitat/Options shop there is another building next door with plenty more furniture too. Spread out over a vast space and over two floors. No-one else in there so beware of the shop assistant who remained on the top floor masturbating as we left :eek:

O

ozman4

Hi Dave
My wife and i have purchased in hurghada village, and from your thread we have been in touch with rococo Boutique for the furnishings.
I have some questions if its ok to ask about the service you got from rococo.
did you have to pay up front? how is the money sent that sort of thing?
If you could drop me a note and i will get in touch Regards.

Mark Childs

L

Lsab

Hi Ozman,

Unless Dave has your email address he won't be able to get in touch privately. You won't be able to use the PM system until you've made around 6 posts and become an 'Active Member'.

Best wishes
Linda

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Mark - I have deleted your post showing your email address as this could leave you exposed.

We have asked Dave to post pics etc and he has yet to post any.

Regards

Alison x

W

wayne_harris

Hi Does anyone know a good carpenter in Hurghada, in the el kawser area, where he would come and build a wardrobe in your apartment for you? Would like to get a quote.

Cheers Dawn

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Simon it looks great - Mostafa has done a fab job.
Have you seen it yourself yet? What a difference from a couple of months ago especially the kitchen!!

S

simonjwatts1

re sharks bay

Mostafa etal have done a great job, few minor things to be rectified but never the less worth every penny.
We got bsck Friday so a little depressed being back lol.:)
Going back in 2 mths

more of the same:)

C

CMChris

Anyone had Red Sea Furniture to fit out their appartment? If so could you PM me plz with what you thought?

M

M Butler

Hi Does anyone know a good carpenter in Hurghada, in the el kawser area, where he would come and build a wardrobe in your apartment for you? Would like to get a quote.

Cheers Dawn
Hi Dawn,

We are also looking for a carpenter in Hurghada. If you search through this thread, there are some names and phone numbers to try. We are going to try the guy from Indoors in El Nasr Street opposite Metro.

Margaret

W

wayne_harris

Hi Dawn,

We are also looking for a carpenter in Hurghada. If you search through this thread, there are some names and phone numbers to try. We are going to try the guy from Indoors in El Nasr Street opposite Metro.

Margaret
Hi Margaret, Thank you. I will have a look.

Cheers Dawn

annethedonn

annethedonn

Kitchens in Sharm!

Hi, can anyone recommend a good company to install a kitchen and quickly in Sharm?

Alison, I seem to remember you mentioning about Mustafa in Jasmine Centre? Do you have his contact details please? Also, you were going to let me have a look at the kitchen they installed. How long did it take and how much? (PM me if you don't want to broadcast it!).

Ours is installed, but they made a complete mess of it so we've got our money back and they're about to rip it out now so I need to replace it fast.

thanks in advance.

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.