Flights

W

wayne_harris

Was emailed by a company called kayak - and July/August prices were over £750 - really over the top! definately need to look around for the summer time.
Hi Johnwayne, Me too. I been looking for ages for summer prices. Lets hope for good prices somewhere.

Dawn

S

SuziQ2708

Hi Johnwayne, Me too. I been looking for ages for summer prices. Lets hope for good prices somewhere.

Dawn
Summer prices are available on Flightline.co.uk but they're coming in at £450 upwards from the start of school holidays! If easyjet do decide to run summer flights to Hurghada, I doubt they'll be much if any cheaper than this. Before XL went bust the exact same flights were starting at £338. It's simply greedy airlines cashing in as they know our choice is limited. A friend of mine has just booked tickets for next August to Miami and they cost £450 pp, how can they justify charging the same price for half the flight time? In fact, I haven't checked British Airways for Hurghada prices, but I'd guess they're probably charging more than Viking.

W

wayne_harris

Summer prices are available on Flightline.co.uk but they're coming in at £450 upwards from the start of school holidays! If easyjet do decide to run summer flights to Hurghada, I doubt they'll be much if any cheaper than this. Before XL went bust the exact same flights were starting at £338. It's simply greedy airlines cashing in as they know our choice is limited. A friend of mine has just booked tickets for next August to Miami and they cost £450 pp, how can they justify charging the same price for half the flight time? In fact, I haven't checked British Airways for Hurghada prices, but I'd guess they're probably charging more than Viking.
Hi Thats so expensive when you have children to take with you. British airways arent flying to Hurghada in the summer, I have already checked.
Thanks

Cheers Dawn

iain

iain

Unmask Egypt! easyjet

Just back from an evening in London looking at old films in the open air in Trafalgar Sq (then a couple of warming drinks for medicinal purposes).

In the freebie papers easyjet ar advertising new Hurgada & Sharm El Sheikh easyjet holidays from £269.99 includes 7 nights 3* accommodation and return flights. "flights from London Gatwick prices correct at time of going to print". It also says "Book winter early save BIG"

For what it's worth....:)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Iain I saw that as well and thought it was a good deal and could be cheaper than booking flights along. Hope you warmed up - very brave sitting outside in this weather x

O

Organics1

Just back from an evening in London looking at old films in the open air in Trafalgar Sq (then a couple of warming drinks for medicinal purposes).

In the freebie papers easyjet ar advertising new Hurgada & Sharm El Sheikh easyjet holidays from £269.99 includes 7 nights 3* accommodation and return flights. "flights from London Gatwick prices correct at time of going to print". It also says "Book winter early save BIG"

Any more details on this i.e dates this deal is available from, as Ive just been on their site and there's nothing close to that.

Thanks

iain

iain

Any more details on this i.e dates this deal is available from, as Ive just been on their site and there's nothing close to that.

Thanks
Hi, to be honest I havn't even looked at the website yet - but will now and get back if I can find anything, may be the usual advertising with one holiday at that price that's already sold! Iain:mad:

iain

iain

Thanks
Just had a look on the website - for flights only thre is 12 - 19 Dec Hurgada from Gtw for £ 258 or Sharm from Gtw 6-13 Dec £ 236 no accommodation in those prices though. Iain

O

Organics1

Just had a look on the website - for flights only thre is 12 - 19 Dec Hurgada from Gtw for £ 258 or Sharm from Gtw 6-13 Dec £ 236 no accommodation in those prices though. Iain
Hi,

Thanks for checking.

I bet they had loads of hits on their site today though :rolleyes:

D

dave99

Did anyone get one of these bargains

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Booking from Egypt it is difficult to book charters unless your flight starts and ends in the UK. We were amazed this week to book an open return with British Airways from Cairo to Heathrow and back for just 315 GBP.

It's often worth checking the scheduled airlines as some times the deals are better than the charters!

S

scottmcmillan100

cheap flights to hurghada

hi, when i booked my flight to hurghada, i managed to get it for around £170 with easyjet from Gatwick including tax. They started the route on 7th november 08 and so far have only released flights to end March 2009 - but their summer 2009 schedule is due out in the next couple of weeks (airlines are all meeting next week in Athens to agree landing slots with airport authorities).

Also, good website to compare flight prices is skyscanner . net - this allows you to look at whole month, year etc, - also can look at flights from specific airports or countries - also allows you to compare several different routes.

queenie40something

queenie40something

The cheapest I got with them was £100 return to Sharm for 2 weeks last month and £180 for 12 nights over Xmas.

E

enufsaid

hi, when i booked my flight to hurghada, i managed to get it for around £170 with easyjet from Gatwick including tax. They started the route on 7th november 08 and so far have only released flights to end March 2009 - but their summer 2009 schedule is due out in the next couple of weeks (airlines are all meeting next week in Athens to agree landing slots with airport authorities).

Also, good website to compare flight prices is skyscanner . net - this allows you to look at whole month, year etc, - also can look at flights from specific airports or countries - also allows you to compare several different routes.
thanks for this information. we are eagerly awaiting news of the easyjet summer flights. yesterday, I visited the site and it had the summer months showing on the drop down menu, but when we put the dates in they would only go until the end of march. can't wait for the summer dates and hope they still keep flying to hurghada!

J

johnwayne

Banned
Really hope easyjet continue their route to hurghada - waiting for their new summer dates as from 1st december. The earlier we book, the cheaper they are.

N

nubianqueen

saw in the sunday papers today a listing of airlines that have closed down, the article was in conjunction with a piece on 2nd homes abroad and the ryanair boss did not seem very sympathetic (the sunday mirror) i guess that, from what i read on the forum, will impact on the rental market? i have not got that far yet apartment still being built, but i wonder what impact it will have! i also noted that the egyptian pound is very much down at the moment, which is making me anxious too.

too get back to my philosophy that the glass is half full, still got a beautiful apartment in a wonderful country. as a matter of fact right now its windy outside, the leaves are falling and it looks beautiful i just dont like to be cold.

nubianqueen

S

scottmcmillan100

i guess that if owners are struggling to find cheap flights, then we can safely assume that potential clients would do too. I do feel that people should not be reliant on rental income to satisfy their outgoings on the property. Certainly not in the present economic climate.

I too am just looking forward to using my apartment soon, and can't wait! It will be ready soon!!

But thankfully I dont need the rental income! Just plenty of cheap flights to get me there :)

M

Margie

Hi, I don't know if anyone can fly from Birmingham but I have just booked some flights for february half term leaving on the 17th - 24th so need to arrange 2 extra days holiday, going with Thomas cook paid £340.00 per person. I don't think thats too bad for half term.
Also checked for late July and it priced up at £385.00, and August £405.00, best I can find.

Good hunting
Margie