Earthquake insurance, Dask?

A

altinkumdan

Please can someone recommend a good insurance company for compulsary earthquake insurance, Thanks Dan

J

jac100

I would recommend the garanti bank, I renewed my insurance recently.

Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Aviva Insurance

Please can someone recommend a good insurance company for compulsary earthquake insurance, Thanks Dan
Hello Dan
Aviva policies (written in English) are sold in Didim. You can get a quote on line from Aegean Insurance Direct or if you are here in person, the company is based next door to Noter 1 in Didim. The policies are not the cheapest around (a few pennies more than some of their competitors) but many of our company clients had to make claims for weather damage last winter and there was one burglary and Aviva was prompt and efficient when it came to paying out and arranging works.
Their website is Aegean Insurance Direct - Buildings and Contents Insurance, Health Insurance, Earthquake Insurance, Didim, Altinkum, Turkey or you can email [email protected] . The recipient of these emails is a guy called Sami. He is one of the legal translators in Didim so speaks perfect English.

G

grasshopper

When buying property insurance.First find out whether you will be insured for that property as agreed.
Even though the insurance companies will not tell you this.But you must be the legal owner of the property stated on the tapu in your name as the right owner with the habitation certificate.lf you have no habitation certificate for that property,it will be classed as void and when the inevitable happens the insurance company will not pay out.

Without the tapu you have no legal ownership and therefore the insurance will have the right to refuse you a payout for the damage done.

Before insuring a property in Turkey,is to make sure you have the right legal tapu in place with the habitation certificate and show it to the insurance company of your choice