Dubailand-The Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rent4life

Anyone who bought in The villa Phase 1?
If yes, did you do the handover already at Dubai Properties?

Thanks R4L

M

monsi

Not accepting handover

We have not accepted handover. We are trying to obtain access for a pre-handover snagging report. It would be good to know if others are also in in this position as there may some power in numbers.

S

samsaf

We have not accepted handover. We are trying to obtain access for a pre-handover snagging report. It would be good to know if others are also in in this position as there may some power in numbers.
If I may ask. Why didn't you accept the handover?

M

monsi

samsaf's question

We would like to snag and have any major issues resolved before we pay them all the money. DP have written to us telling us that we must pay all the money before we are even allowed to see the villa.

Rumors about the condition of the villas are not very positive, this is why they don't want you to see them before they get all their money.

D

danahafeed

I got my villa three weeks ago, Cordoba, Type E2, in RA area. The villa layout is very nice, however the finishing is poor, I hired a professional company to do the snagging for me, we came out with approximately 85 points, these points are defects and poor finishing ranges from minor to really major defects, I had to pay all my dues like final payments, registration, other fees, and DEWA....etc to allow for the snagging others did the same,i paid also the service charge, I paid 14040,- Dhs to Salwan . salwan is in charge of services in the Villa project DP. so far no greenery, no services like litter collection garbage ....etc

M

monsi

Snagging at The Villa

I got my villa three weeks ago, Cordoba, Type E2, in RA area. The villa layout is very nice, however the finishing is poor, I hired a professional company to do the snagging for me, we came out with approximately 85 points, these points are defects and poor finishing ranges from minor to really major defects, I had to pay all my dues like final payments, registration, other fees, and DEWA....etc to allow for the snagging others did the same,i paid also the service charge, I paid 14040,- Dhs to Salwan . salwan is in charge of services in the Villa project DP. so far no greenery, no services like litter collection garbage ....etc
Could I ask which company you used? Perhaps I could ask them to look at our villa?

Dubai Properties are not letting us see it until we pay the last installment. We would like to snag it before we pay so perhaps a professional company will be able to get access to it.

If you haven't seen it already there are a number of owners in this project that share of this forum.

#PROJECT: THE VILLA - Page 29 - SkyscraperCity

Can we get a group together and complain to RERA about the lack of greenery and services?

D

danahafeed

the snagging consultant i used his name is manog he works for landsmark tel no 04 3316161, however you have to follow up, be picky and read the contract well, it costs between 3000 - 6000 dhs, choose the 3000 package not the full service, the guy is not 100 % reliable in terms of timing, however he is an expert and has a very very critical eyes and knows his stuff very well, all what you want is a report from them sent to the developer.

my report was sent to the developer already, this guys has done a great job capturing all the defects with photos...etc I am waiting for the developer to reply to the report. thanks for the link i will certainly join, it is our right to ask for the service, we can not just pour money and pay for nothing, the project was already late for at least two years where we could have sold it, any way lets see what happen.

I

Investoman_uae

the snagging consultant i used his name is manog he works for landsmark tel no 04 3316161, however you have to follow up, be picky and read the contract well, it costs between 3000 - 6000 dhs, choose the 3000 package not the full service, the guy is not 100 % reliable in terms of timing, however he is an expert and has a very very critical eyes and knows his stuff very well, all what you want is a report from them sent to the developer.

my report was sent to the developer already, this guys has done a great job capturing all the defects with photos...etc I am waiting for the developer to reply to the report. thanks for the link i will certainly join, it is our right to ask for the service, we can not just pour money and pay for nothing, the project was already late for at least two years where we could have sold it, any way lets see what happen.
Thats a lil too much for a snagging report. I got my report done at Land Sterling for 2,500 Dhs and it had full property inspection by a qualified RICS member. Snagging can only be done by a chartered surveyor since they are UK qualified inspectors.

I took it to the developer and said look, am not paying the last payment until everything in this report is fixed... he fixed them within few weeks and I paid the last payment. Call Joseph 04 2676681. If you cant get hold of him there, i'll give you his mobile in private.

Dont pay last payment if you're not sure how the property will be finished. Developers cut corners most of the time.

Inv.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Sounds like the timing issue is pretty widespread - isn't that the problem the developers are all having - providing the projects on time all over Dubai and Ajman !!!...Sounds like this guy is another rip off merchant just waiting for suckers. Snagging for that amount you would want to be on time!

M

monsi

Joseph

Thats a lil too much for a snagging report. I got my report done at Land Sterling for 2,500 Dhs and it had full property inspection by a qualified RICS member. Snagging can only be done by a chartered surveyor since they are UK qualified inspectors.

I took it to the developer and said look, am not paying the last payment until everything in this report is fixed... he fixed them within few weeks and I paid the last payment. Call Joseph 04 2676681. If you cant get hold of him there, i'll give you his mobile in private.

Dont pay last payment if you're not sure how the property will be finished. Developers cut corners most of the time.

Inv.
Could you PM me Joseph's number? Dubai Properties are not allowing a pre-handover inspection, but if we can somehow persuade them that they are legally obliged to then it would be good to have the name of someone.

D

danahafeed

I finished snagging, managed to get the developer to fix 70 out of 85 points i had on my snag list, including changing doors and tiles ....etc. now i can start working on my villa landscaping, design...etc. Any one knows how many people moved into the Villa project ? any news on Mazaya ? where are they ? did they manage to get DEWA ????

M

monsi

I finished snagging, managed to get the developer to fix 70 out of 85 points i had on my snag list, including changing doors and tiles ....etc. now i can start working on my villa landscaping, design...etc. Any one knows how many people moved into the Villa project ? any news on Mazaya ? where are they ? did they manage to get DEWA ????
Was your villa from Dubai Properties and did you have a professional snag your villa?

M

MrAhmed

Hi - I spoke with Land Sterling and they are saying they've done quite a few villas and there hasn't been any big faults. Mazaya are cooperating and say they will fix all the minor defects in about 3 weeks from the snag. Each villa is different though. The main issue I have is the community - its a ghost town. I'm with Tamweel but they seem to have washed their hands of all responsibility and placed the onus on the buyer to decide to accept the handover or not. I really don't want to move in until the community has improved - maybe another year - does anyone know if people are advertising these for rent yet? I know the Cordoba ones are renting now...

J

jblguy

Mallorca Villa

hiya, anyone here got a Mallorca type?? I am looking to rent one out for my family, i heard a new phase is being handed over this week?? is this true?? call me if you got something there 050 204 5946

I

investor1975

I dealt with a guy called Rabih at Harbour real estate 043251616.. he used to work with the developer of the Villa since they launched the project... he did a fantastic snagging for my villa and he only charged me 2500. totally worth it
i'm offering my villa for rent by the way (Cordoba, 5 bedrooms - 5100sqft).. if you know anyone who's interested please let me know.. i'm listing it with Harbour as well.. they are very good and got me so many viewings but no one took the villa yet!

Land Sterling

Land Sterling

Dear The villa investors,
we are conducting a lot of snaggings in this development at a very small fee. We have snagged over 60 villas.

Email us for an appointment
[email protected]
or call: 0501491155

Status
Not open for further replies.