Dubai International City Smells Awful!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stylinexpat

Thanks Dubai Expert I have only been to Persia On one occasion when it Ponged to high heaven. All other times every thing was OK. gtmash residents have brought the subject up in letters to the local newspaper as well as Press Articles in the local papers

As you mentioned it all depends on the wind direction. From the complaints written in the Local Newspapers I believe the Chinese section which was the first sector to be occupied have been getting more than a whiff which as I wrote before belief those who are paying a Premium for the English Sector which is down wind of China will get an added extra bonus:D
That's why they decided to put the Chinese there;)

A

aziqbal

Can anyone tell me what the smell in the greece sector is like?

G

georgihh

The smell is gone (or not noticeable anymore).
They (Nakheel) remove the traffic of the sewage tracks from International city back road and started to burn the **** more watchfully.
Tough ones they sell out the Lake District everything might come back to normal

L

Lsab

Our studio is in Greece and we've only visited once but there was no smell at all. I know of someone else who's visited a few times and smelt nothing. I understand that the smell is at its worst at night though.

Happy to see georgihh's post - good news.

C

Cluster King

Please write your comments to this N ews forum as they are asking for your feedback.

Quoted from GN ews

(( Do you know anyone who owns a property in International City? Are they concerned about the health hazards that might occur because of repeated flooding? Tell us at [email protected] or fill in the form bellow to send your comments)) .

Please check this link frm GNew-s :
Gulfnews: Two-week sewage flood hits International City

K

kashaziz

That's really a pity. Why Nakheel hasn't thought about it?

G

georgihh

As much as Nakheel are trying to underestimate IC they still need to sell lots of properties like the Lake District and all the buildings around the CBD.
I am afraid once they sell them they will run way and will leave disaster behind them,
But never mind prices are going up and whatever they do all of the property owners in IC will benefit from the ridicules prices.
Studio is already 50000 per year and one bedroom 70000.
Smell is a smell but better than sleeping in the desert

K

kashaziz

I am afraid once they sell them they will run way and will leave disaster behind them,
But never mind prices are going up and whatever they do all of the property owners in IC will benefit from the ridicules prices.
Studio is already 50000 per year and one bedroom 70000.
Smell is a smell but better than sleeping in the desert

You know, when I first visited Dubai, I was really impressed with all the development going around and apparent concern for safety and sanity. However, bit of digging revealed not-so-rosy facts.

I did couple of posts on the property situation in my blog but as for now I am not allowed to post links here, I would recommend going to chowrangi[dot]com and do a search about 'Dubai Property'.

G

georgihh

You know, when I first visited Dubai, I was really impressed with all the development going around and apparent concern for safety and sanity. However, bit of digging revealed not-so-rosy facts.

I did couple of posts on the property situation in my blog but as for now I am not allowed to post links here, I would recommend going to chowrangi[dot]com and do a search about 'Dubai Property'.
Market will never burst.
Very clever people are running the business in Dubai and they know when to stop and when to start.
What I know for sure is that smelling or not IC is a golden mine for the investors and is the only development with a steady price grow in Dubai – could be 15% per year but has so much headroom that you can’t loose. 15 % capital gain and 10 % rent return per year will triple your money in just five years.
And the money they don’t smell

G

georgihh

kully sanghera,

I am sorry if there has been any misunderstanding. However, I am quite sure that is just YOUR opinion as a NON_RESIDENT but a VISITOR/ INVESTOR. Here is the point. The witness for the truth of my quote is the whole thread and the pure motive for your denial of smell is all your investment in IC!!!!I would like to summarize my points mentioned in my last quote about the smell affected the IC.

1- Where? If you visit any cluster in those smelly nights, which is not every night though, you will see that EVERY CLUSTER has its own share.

2-When?You should go there about 3 am to check on the smell and not before 9-10 pm for sure.

3- Why all the IC is still full? many of us are stuck in IC because we have already paid the rent ahead. LIVING IN IC FOR MANY TENANTS HAS BEEN A HUGE MISTAKE AND IT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF INFO. OR JUST SIMPLY NOT BELIEVING IN IT!

Good luck,
Helen
IC is still full because is cheap (well was cheap).
Dubai marina, JBR are just next to the biggest power station in the region.
I have seen clouds of poison smoke going into the above “prestige” developments.
Very few developments are nice and clear but they cost you a fortune and still not everything is 100%.
So don’t complain you paid less and if you are that much reach just vacate the flat and at least 10 people are waiting for your flat at the moment.
IC is **** but better **** than piss

I

investor302

i agree witht eh smell issue but the thing is the prices are going up and up and up.
we should form a community for that reason alone..
there is only so much anyone can tolerate..

Q

qurema0c

Sewage problem at Dubai International City is being solved

www(dot)gulfnews(dot)com/nation/General/10228479(dot)html

Staff Report
Published: July 13, 2008, 11:01

Dubai: The International City on-site sewage treatment plant extension has been completed. Residents in the Nakheel development have been complaining of sewage floods over the last four months, which have filled car parks and residential areas.

Wastewater contractors Metito will be carrying out a study on the International City sewage system, to provide advice on how it can be managed more effectively.

Salah Ackad, General Manager for Dubai and Northern Emirates, Metito, said: "Metito has been commissioned to build the extension of the existing plant. This new plant will provide an additional treatment capacity of 5,000 cubic meters per day, which is enough to cater for a population of 20,000 inhabitants."

International City currently has a population of around 60,000, with capacity for more than 100,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H

Howsbuya

What's your maths like?

Does this solve the problem? Only 40,000 to 80,000 population sewage shortfall? Am I missing something?
HB
www(dot)gulfnews(dot)com/nation/General/10228479(dot)html

Staff Report
Published: July 13, 2008, 11:01

Dubai: The International City on-site sewage treatment plant extension has been completed. Residents in the Nakheel development have been complaining of sewage floods over the last four months, which have filled car parks and residential areas.

Wastewater contractors Metito will be carrying out a study on the International City sewage system, to provide advice on how it can be managed more effectively.

Salah Ackad, General Manager for Dubai and Northern Emirates, Metito, said: "Metito has been commissioned to build the extension of the existing plant. This new plant will provide an additional treatment capacity of 5,000 cubic meters per day, which is enough to cater for a population of 20,000 inhabitants."

International City currently has a population of around 60,000, with capacity for more than 100,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H

Howsbuya

Just an update for what it's worth. There was a statement from Nakheel on Dubai Eye (local radio station) a few days ago, which said that the smell would now "be a thing of the past" because they were solving the sewage problem completely.
Is it true? Has the smell gone away yet? Love to get your feedback.
Best wishes
HB

V

vishal73

Just yesterday we had a walk upto russia cluster to a supermarket and the smell was too bad that we returned back quickly, felt sorry for the people who have to bear it frequently.
I am 100% sure if some Nakheel employees experience it once themselves they will understand this problem more seriously and actions would be taken to curb this. Living amid such smell is not healthy at all, I felt for the first time yesterday.

Hope things would improve more in near future.

Rgards,
VJ

R

Roshan

Just yesterday we had a walk upto russia cluster to a supermarket and the smell was too bad that we returned back quickly, felt sorry for the people who have to bear it frequently.
I am 100% sure if some Nakheel employees experience it once themselves they will understand this problem more seriously and actions would be taken to curb this. Living amid such smell is not healthy at all, I felt for the first time yesterday.

Hope things would improve more in near future.

Rgards,
VJ
The concernmed authorities didn't expect so much to happen in so little time. Very soon sewage will be the thinbg of the past.

My advice is buy when the smell is still around.

Regards

Roshan

MarianL

MarianL

I have lived in China cluster since I got my apartment in April 07. At the beginning I would get the smell maybe twice a week (guess it depended what direction the wind was blowing) but I only ever smelt it when I was outside the apartment and never when I was in with the windows shut etc. Since then it has gradually tailed off until maybe I would get the smell once every 2 or 3 weeks. Now I can say that I haven't smelt the sewage for maybe 3 or 4 months, basically so long I can't remember. The trucks have gone (think they have opened up another entrace further up the Hatta road but not sure) so for me it is no problem (touch wood).

G

georgihh

I have lived in China cluster since I got my apartment in April 07. At the beginning I would get the smell maybe twice a week (guess it depended what direction the wind was blowing) but I only ever smelt it when I was outside the apartment and never when I was in with the windows shut etc. Since then it has gradually tailed off until maybe I would get the smell once every 2 or 3 weeks. Now I can say that I haven't smelt the sewage for maybe 3 or 4 months, basically so long I can't remember. The trucks have gone (think they have opened up another entrace further up the Hatta road but not sure) so for me it is no problem (touch wood).
This place really smells like a hell (every day – yes everyday for the last 2 weeks).
I have also invested in IC and if they remove the s... monster the prices will go up by 20% immediately.
Something might happen as Emaar are building overpriced villas just next to the plant and I don’t think people invested millions will tolerate this nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.