CPF Renewal

K

Kliffy

Can anyone please confirm whether or not, as a non-resident property owner in Brazil, it is no longer necessary to annually verify your CPF?

Many Thanks

Kliffy

M

Matida Fernandes

Can anyone please confirm whether or not, as a non-resident property owner in Brazil, it is no longer necessary to annually verify your CPF?

Many Thanks

Kliffy
Hi Kliffy,

Everyone, including non-residents have to annually verify their CPF. Check on the link below to see if you need.

Comprovante de Inscrição e de Situação Cadastral no CPF

You will see a space to put your CPF number and to repeat a code and than you press "enviar".

This is to check if your CPF ir regular or not. If you see a message saying "Pendente de Regularização" you will need to call the Brazilian Revenue (Receita Federal) or go to a Brazilian Embassy/Consulate. To call you can use the number 00557830078300. The problem is that the telephone service is only in Portuguese. Let me know if I can help you...

K

Kliffy

Thank you Matida ... confirmed as REGULAR. Does that mean I have nothing further to do?

Kliffy

Hi Kliffy,

Everyone, including non-residents have to annually verify their CPF. Check on the link below to see if you need.

Comprovante de Inscrição e de Situação Cadastral no CPF

You will see a space to put your CPF number and to repeat a code and than you press "enviar".

This is to check if your CPF ir regular or not. If you see a message saying "Pendente de Regularização" you will need to call the Brazilian Revenue (Receita Federal) or go to a Brazilian Embassy/Consulate. To call you can use the number 00557830078300. The problem is that the telephone service is only in Portuguese. Let me know if I can help you...

M

Matida Fernandes

Thank you Matida ... confirmed as REGULAR. Does that mean I have nothing further to do?

Kliffy

You have nothing further to do. You probably got it in the current year or someone did the "Recadastramento" for you. Be aware that if you spend 183 days or more in the country you will have to present a tax return.

K

Kliffy

Matida

That is useful information ... much appreciated.

Kliffy

You have nothing further to do. You probably got it in the current year or someone did the "Recadastramento" for you. Be aware that if you spend 183 days or more in the country you will have to present a tax return.

jeduardo

jeduardo

Previously you had to either file income tax form for income > R$ 16.473,72 or declare exempt.
Now you no longer need to declare exempt and your CPF automatically stays in regular status.
You should be aware that property owners are supposed to file regardless of income if you have properties valued over R$80000.

See this links for more info:
Imposto de Renda 2009 | Perguntas & Respostas | VEJA.com

K

Kliffy

Jeduardo,

Thank you for the clarification and additional information. Much appreciated.

Kliffy

Previously you had to either file income tax form for income > R$ 16.473,72 or declare exempt.
Now you no longer need to declare exempt and your CPF automatically stays in regular status.
You should be aware that property owners are supposed to file regardless of income if you have properties valued over R$80000.

See this links for more info:
Imposto de Renda 2009 | Perguntas & Respostas | VEJA.com