Buying property in the Algarve

F

FixAlgarve

Hi! This is a free hint to call people´s attention to the need of doing a proper due diligence process before buying a property!

Remember, no Lawyer can guarantee you success or exemption, that means you buy a property and you end up in trouble, the end of the day this Lawyer will charge you for sorting out the problem! That happend already, why?

Well, before you buy ANY property do remember to instruct your representatives to ask all authorities ( officially ) about whatever is going on in the outskirts of the authorities´s development plans for the different councils, maybe a road is planned for cutting your future property in half
Your due diligence process should consider the following;

- Heartquake free areas;
- Flooding free areas;
- Dump or other disadvantage communial areas;
- Electric feed lines low or other tensions;
- Complete free area from municipal projects / public interesting areas;
- Others ( just think about or ask us replying this post );

Some people is considered "troubkle makers" and we are knowed as "the trouble fixers", post your problem over here and we will show you how to sort it out.

Rule number one!

Never, but never argue with anyone about anything when you think things are not fair enough with you, and you will need some support!

In the end of the day if someone can make proof of your not good behavior you will lose and nobody will be able to help you!

Just act and record everything very carefully, and subscribe 3 or 4 witnesses contacts around.

That is half way done for success!

O

OverseasBuyer

Hey

I m sure it not all bad, portgual the algarve in particular vilamoura a wonderful location.

I am from the UK, and there are a few people looking in this area, just because its a popular holiday destination, but rather than buying, they are more favoured to the rent to buy option.

The rent the property for 3 years from the developer at 5%, which is also deducted of the actual paying price if you decide to buy, or the developer can sometimes offer a 5% buy back if he sell its on.

The great thing is that the property is discounted by 30%, something which many people are looking at i guess, where ever there is a bargain to be found lol

Regards

Jay

sebba63

sebba63

I actually have a property in the Algarve, Albuferia. at 1st we rented but realised the amount of money we were forking out to rent accommodation, especially in the summer was incredibly high! we decided to buy 3years ago and now for the 6months we arent there we rent it out. we spend our summers in England, just because it is too hot for us in the summers. but we rent it and pay for our up keep and mortgage whislt we are away so we cant complain :)