Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

D

dufus

Legal process??

I was planning on getting a solicitor and starting the legal process when I visited Egypt next year, but as many people are saying that it can take months to get through the courts, I should start making enquiries now. Can anyone outline the steps that are required to get the contracts validated etc? I do most of the legal work myself so I am not interested in passing it over to a solicitor until it is absolutely nescessary. Has anyone else tackled the Egyptian legal system themselves?

C

classica

change in payment options

Please be advised that there are some changes happened in the payment options.

C

chris_property

Is the changes related to existing payment plans or terms for any remaining new sales?

How is the over all development progressing at the moment?

Many thanks

Chris

S

Steveand Christine

It would be nice to see some more photograph updates in the coming weeks and hear any news of anyone over.
We are going over in July (staying at our apartment in British Resort) and will be making a trip to Makadi a priority. Will be taking plenty of photos.

Steve & Christine

C

chris_property

We are going over in July (staying at our apartment in British Resort) and will be making a trip to Makadi a priority. Will be taking plenty of photos.

Steve & Christine
Hi Steve and Christine,
That would be excellent and I will look forward to seeing your photographs and opinions on Makadi in July. I wish you both a nice holiday :)

Thanks

Chris

G

glenndaleuk

I have just recieved this email from my British Agent regarding the power supply in the kitchens at Makadi.

Dear Makadi Buyer,

As we are getting ever closer to delivery we have spotted a slight problem a few weeks ago. The electrical outlets supplied in the kitchen are not enough for most applications. You only get 2 outlets (one below counter level and one above counter level). This will at most power a fridge and a Kettle. If you are using your property as a holiday home or an investment to rent, we will recommend you fit electrical hobs and ovens. The alternative is using gas but there is no piped gas so you will need bottles. These will take up additional space in the kitchen and you will need to buy the bottle the first time round.

For this reason we recommend electrical goods to make things easier. Our furniture packs are all designed with electrical ovens and hobs. Unfortunately the supplied electrics are just not enough to power anything above the fridge and kettle. Further more the oven and hob will require a high power output for each one.

We have spoken to Orascom who have said they will make an alteration and add an additional 2 high power sockets (under sink level – for oven and hob) and 1 extra socket above sink level (for toaster and other appliances required).

The cost of the modification will be 1500 L.E in total.

Even if you are not purchasing a furniture package I would recommend getting these modifications made now to avoid extra work and added cost at a later stage.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this modification and Orascom will then be in touch to inform you how to proceed.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

C

chris_property

Hi Glen,
I have received the same and if this is the case I would rather get it sorted out at this stage than have a problem after it is finished and additional hassle and cost in getting more electrics fitted.

Personally I wouldn't want bottled gas in my apartment and would prefer this solved so the electrics is there for electrical items when the time comes.

The joys of hidden costs we never see coming with property, but at least this has been caught onto now rather than after things are finished.

Cheers

Chris

G

glenndaleuk

Hi Chris
Just had a look at my annex 4 and it states all electrical appliances.

So in my opinion it is down to them. I have stated this to the agents and they are getting in touch with Orasecom for a comment. We will see what happens.

G

glenndaleuk

Infact just had a proper look and it says they are responsible for "Electrical instilation for all electrical products"
This sounds to me like it is down to them.

M

maggie

Hi Chris
Just had a look at my annex 4 and it states all electrical appliances.

So in my opinion it is down to them. I have stated this to the agents and they are getting in touch with Orasecom for a comment. We will see what happens.
Yes I agree. I would have thought that the electric's already fitted would have
been able to take all of our appliances.
I will not be a happy bunny if I have to pay extra to cook :egg:ect on my hot plate.

C

chris_property

Hi Glen,
You do have a very valid point there, 2 electrical connects for a kitchen area is a real oversight and design flaw I think. What type have you bought? Ive bought a type 3.

My Bulgarian apartment has 2 main connections for my fridge and hob area and then 4 plug sockets and its a studio.

See what comment comes back, only our agent let us know we would all be none the wiser and many others buying would and will not be aware of the lack of kitchen sockets.

Cheers

Chris

G

glenndaleuk

Hi Glen,
You do have a very valid point there, 2 electrical connects for a kitchen area is a real oversight and design flaw I think. What type have you bought? Ive bought a type 3.

My Bulgarian apartment has 2 main connections for my fridge and hob area and then 4 plug sockets and its a studio.

See what comment comes back, only our agent let us know we would all be none the wiser and many others buying would and will not be aware of the lack of kitchen sockets.

Cheers

Chris
I have bought a type2 in q2 big mistake much to small.
If you attempted to plug in anything bigger than a kettle it would immediatly catch fire. this is in my opinion, electrics that are not fit for purpose and as such must be brought up to standard before completion. However it has not been established exactly which types of dwellings are affected.My advise although not a solicitor is to check your contracts and then check with your agent as to the grade of electrics in the kitchen. I have been assured that the rest of the apartment is ok but the wiring for the aircon is being checked to make sure it is ok.

G

glenndaleuk

I must add a big thankyou to our british Agents for bringing this to our attention.

C

chris_property

Hi Glen,
Certainly is bad for a kitchen when high voltage is used, air con I think runs off normal power hopefully there is high sockets beside were the a/c units are due to go. Yes a big thank you to the British agents for informing us otherwise a real pain ahead getting this done.

Cheers

Chris

L

Lysos

It's my understanding that air con compressors require armoured cable.

C

chris_property

It's my understanding that air con compressors require armoured cable.
You are most likely right Lysos, I recall a high plug socket beside the indoor unit in my Bulgarian A/C but to be honest I have never fully looked at how all it connects, I am over in a few weeks and will have a look at that one.

Hopefully the ac wiring is ok for Makadi as it will be needed there :)

Thanks

Chris

R

rumbaba

Has anyone had a response from the developer regarding the electrical points in the kitchen yet?

C

chris_property

Hi Rumbaba,
Not heard anything else a part from the information Glen posted from our agents. Certainly they will need more electric points than they seemed to be coming with in the kitchen area, the space will be compact but they under estimated what electrics is used in a small kitchen even.

I'll just be glad to get it sorted one way or another now than have to deal with it after it is finished.

Does anyone have any new photographs or any videos? that would be excellent :)

Cheers

Chris

R

rabster

Hi Rumbaba,

I'll just be glad to get it sorted one way or another now than have to deal with it after it is finished.

Does anyone have any new photographs or any videos? that would be excellent :)

Cheers

Chris
Hi folks,

I also recieved the e-mail about the electrical outlets , I'm also glad too get it sorted now BUT i feel this should be part and parcel of the finished build and Orascom should not now be looking for extra. I will prob pay the extra for peace of mind. But wonder how many other ''slight problems'' might crop uo before handover....

Cheers