Advice on NE Brasil property market

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markland

Paraiba Estate

Thank you very much Paul for your answer, we will consider Tabuba also in our trip. Do you have any suggestion on your area to visit? We are not thinking to live there yet. We have thought that it would be safer to have a plot or a condo due to we will be travelling 2 or 3 times per year. Thank you very much!
Hi Ana,

Just think to visit Joao Pessoa area also.

bye

A

ana albor

Any suggestion about a local company to rent a car at airport?

A

ana albor

Sorry...I mean Fortaleza airport...local company to rent a car.

B

Blc

Maybe they dont show thier CRECI # on thier website, as they should, because they dont have one. maybe.

Many agents on this forum dont have a Creci, always ask for this and check by asking them to send you a copy of the certificate showing it belongs to there company.

Many agents also work in Brazil without a working visas simly entering Brazil on a tourist visa.

Only deal with agents with creci ...............

J

JMBroad

Perhaps they are a marketing company - you can market property in Brazil from anywhere in the world without having a Creci license. You only actually need a Creci license legally to advertise in Brazil, tour clients in Brazil or make a sale to clients in Brazil. When you advertise in Brazil, are based in Brazil then the Creci number has to be printed on all their advertisements.

However if a company is based in Europe and is promoting a developers property in Brazil, they don't need a Creci license. When the client lands in Brazil to see the development, then they must be toured by an agent who has the Creci license and the sale must be done through a Creci licensed real estate agency.

That's a vital difference and could well be what is happening here.

D

dhoskings

Perhaps they are a marketing company - you can market property in Brazil from anywhere in the world without having a Creci license. You only actually need a Creci license legally to advertise in Brazil, tour clients in Brazil or make a sale to clients in Brazil. When you advertise in Brazil, are based in Brazil then the Creci number has to be printed on all their advertisements.

However if a company is based in Europe and is promoting a developers property in Brazil, they don't need a Creci license. When the client lands in Brazil to see the development, then they must be toured by an agent who has the Creci license and the sale must be done through a Creci licensed real estate agency.

That's a vital difference and could well be what is happening here.
It isn't what is happening here.

T

theadebo

Sorry...I mean Fortaleza airport...local company to rent a car.
Hi Ana, try (these guys) for a booking. they often give a decent discount . The rental will be with Unidas one of South Americas largest rentals, so you know you're well covered if you have a problem. I once rented from a local Fortaleza company and had a problem on the Friday night. Guy said ¨it´s the weekend and we are all going away to the beach, call again on Monday¨.

If you contact me closer to your time of arrival I can try to arrange some lawyers for you to talk with. Also, if you can give me some idea of your budget and requirements then I can point you in the right direction.

Andrew Adebowale

Frank_London

Frank_London

Please bear in mind that there are two property's prices in Brazil. One for locals and other for foreigners. I do recommend you to instruct a local real estate broker or lawyer to negotiate the price on your behalf. You will pay much cheaper and will not have surprises when you decide to sell.

D

Dotty

Banned
From experience there are not different prices for locals and foreigners when buying in Brasil.At least I have not yet come across it.When you buy you have a price list (tabela)and it's the same from one person to another! The prices do go up as the properties sell , but that 's something else. I think your statement is inaccurate. If you purchase from a broker overseas then that is something else.
Please bear in mind that there are two property's prices in Brazil. One for locals and other for foreigners. I do recommend you to instruct a local real estate broker or lawyer to negotiate the price on your behalf. You will pay much cheaper and will not have surprises when you decide to sell.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
From experience there are not different prices for locals and foreigners when buying in Brasil.At least I have not yet come across it.When you buy you have a price list (tabela)and it's the same from one person to another! The prices do go up as the properties sell , but that 's something else. I think your statement is inaccurate. If you purchase from a broker overseas then that is something else.
Dotty,

I have seen local agents quadruple the price when they find out a gringo is buying regardless of whether there is a list of prices or not. A client of ours recently tried to buy some land for R$ 2 per m2 and then suddenly it went to R$ 54 a m2 when they found out he was a gringo. I am not saying all local agents or developers are like this but there are quite a few.

I haven't seen many overseas agents ramping up prices lately, but if you have some examples please share them with us.

Regards,
Rob.

J

JMBroad

It is somewhat accurate... If we are talking offplan apartments from a reputable developer then the prices are the prices and they don't change...

However if you are talking land... there is no price list - the owner tells you how much he wants - there generally it's what Rob says - a local asks and gets one price, the gringo asks and gets another price.

However, don't assume that they are doing it because you are a foreigner - they are doing it because they assume that as you are a foreigner, you can afford it. I know a chap who drives around looking at plots who parks his Audi in the office and takes the beaten up company "all purpose" Ford Ka to negotiate with land owners. Because if he arrives in an Audi, the price doubles before he can get out of the car and say hello. And he's a local.

It's not about scamming the tourist, it's about making as much money as they can on the sale of what is many times their greatest sellable asset. So if they think you can afford it - whether that is because you look rich or because you look foreign (and therefore rich) then the price goes up.

T

theadebo

Absolutely right Mr. Broad. the gringo prices isn´t cos you are foreign it´s cos you are foreign and therefore presumed to be rich.

A commodity is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If no one will pay more than 2R$ for your land then that is what it is worth, but if someone will pay 54R$ for it then that is it´s price tag.

J

JMBroad

The funny thing is I know more than one person who bought a plot of land for around R$ 5 per m2 and got a bargain, yet a local person was sitting with us the other day and said that just before my friend bought it, he had been negotiating with the owner because he wanted to pay no more than R$ 2 but the owner was haggling to get R$ 3 - and the chap admitted that R$ 5 was still a great bargain.

One of my first bosses in real estate once said to me (and I've never forgotten it)

Buyers always think things are too expensive and want to pay less, but once they have bought it, they suddenly think that their property is worth ten times what it really is worth. Ultimately, the property is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

In other words - couldn't agree more theadebo

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi Roy,
Can you tell us a little more and how you plan to create a New City in the N.E .
Dotty

R

Roy Propsner

Hi Roy,
Can you tell us a little more and how you plan to create a New City in the N.E .
Dotty
First we started by purchasing sizable piece of prime sea coast land.
Now we will master plan and present to investors.

A

ana albor

Hi everyone,

Finally my husband and I could travel to Ceara...we came back 2 days ago...We only can say that it was more than expected...it is sooo beautiful, people so polite, amazing!
Actually we had a wonderful trip, may be by chance we met the right people , I dont know, but another couple we met at airplane had another expierience and came back to the States with a complete different idea.
We spent one week visiting different constructions, plots or houses in the area we were interested in : Cumbuco o Porto da Dunas. Two different options. Finally we decided for the first one. Cumbuco we think is cheaper and has more potential in the future. It is only 5 km long and 4 blocks wide. One side the ocean and the other side the dunes...and ...still the properties are not as expensive as the other side of Fortaleza, many foriegners starting a new life there, we met many of them. We felt we're in a place where the crisis doesnt exist. We met two brazilian real state agents, two gentlemen. We have the option to purchase an aparment in a construction condo in Cumbuco and we are looking forward to coming back to Ceara. By the way...wonderful food. I am argentinian and we always think that our steaks are the best...now I am not that sure.

J

JMBroad

Haha superb to hear you had a great time in Brazil. It is a wonderful country.

Status
Not open for further replies.