Who am I....

B

Barny

Hello all,

I've now been signed up to the site for a week or so and have seen a few people introduce themselves in that time so thought I may as well too.

Barny is my nickname since school so has always stuck through my working life into adulthood, hence my username!

I live near Cambridge with my partner and 2 sons.

In 2009 I bought my ex out of a house we jointly owned and then started to rent it out when I moved in with my partner. She already owned a BTL property which she'd owned for about 5 years in her old hometown. Over the last 5 years I've been able to remortgage when required and this has freed up equity to withdraw which has then be reinvested in 2 BTL properties, 1 of which was later sold due to increase in value and put towards our residential mortgage.

I'm now in the position where I'm looking at my next venture, the options being to use a property investment company I've been put in contact with and buy a cheap BTL property or, this being my favoured option, to build on the side of my BTL property creating another branch to use it as a BTL or to then sell on reinvest elsewhere.

My longterm plan would be to tart buying cheaper, more run down properties and then sell on but immediate plans would be to build up the BTL portfolio alongwith the experience of fully investigating my proposed new build.

So far here I've seen lots of advice and hope to chip in where I can. Nice to meet you all.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Great intro thanks Barny!

Looking forward to hearing your journey along the way and hopefully helping you wherever possible...

P.s. Also moved your thread to the forum introductions area ;)