Website Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JasonX

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about buying a property in Egypt and I was wondering - what are the best sites to buy from?

I've been looking at International Dreams Ltd and Acquire Abroad and I wasn't sure if these guys were trusted or not.

S

samui13

Acquire abroad

Hi there,

I originally used acquire abroad for a purchase on marsa alam beach resort. They were very helpful and answered all my queries quickly and efficiently. I went through a lady called Marietta.

She was very helpful and even used to answer emails from her phone whilst she was on holiday.

I eventually pulled out of the offplan property I was purchasing for a number of reasons but acquire abroad were helpful and helped me to get a refund of my money (to be fair, the agent didnt really need to do anything because the developer was an honest one and was happy to agree to my refund anyway) but I was happy with the service I received from acquire abroad. They did not stop answering emails once I had secured my purchase, they continued to answer questions for me throughout.

Lou

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
I Bought from a man called Mohamed Habib and he is very helpful and real honest best about him is that he is not committed to one project and sell only the ones he trust it have no problems that his clients don't lose their investment plus tell all positive and negative points about different properties that he cares about his clients like me even after the sale is finished and if I need him anytime he never hesitate to help me when if he can but I don't know if its allowed to post any links or numbers online so may be send me a pm

Regards
John

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about buying a property in Egypt and I was wondering - what are the best sites to buy from?

I've been looking at International Dreams Ltd and Acquire Abroad and I wasn't sure if these guys were trusted or not.
Hi Jason, do as much research as you can into the Egyptian property market, there are lots of stories on various forums although some forums have been forced to remove some negative stories. Be careful!!!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jason I agree - it is important to research not only yhe Agent, but the developer ( what has he built before, were d the developments on time, up to scratch etc, ) lawyers etc etc.

People on this forum where quite negative about us that bought in Sharm but to be honest I havent looked back and Im glad I didnt buy in Hurghada after all the horror stories.

Yes Sharm is only lease but it is 99 yr lease and can easily be renewed. My buying process was very easy. Paid £200 Sept 07 went and visited the site in Oct 07 signed paid cash and had handover the following summer. We have stayed in the apartment quite a few times and have also rented it out as well.

The complex is far from finished but we can at least use our apartment as our zone is moreorless done.

Dont go for a lawyer that an agent or developer recommends, make sure the due diligence is in order.

I have all my paperwork stamped and it took 6 months in the Courts - really easy. There are many in Hurghada that are struggling to get these papers and many more waiting years and many more that have lost money that they wont see again.

Be really careful and just research as much as you can.

Good luck anyway.

You may want to look at places such as Alexandria - I saw a 2 bedroom apartment - re sale - for £14,000 recently that was a short walk from the sea!

C

CMChris

There have been very few problems in Sahl Hasheesh too. :)

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
Hi Jason I agree - it is important to research not only yhe Agent, but the developer ( what has he built before, were d the developments on time, up to scratch etc, ) lawyers etc etc.

People on this forum where quite negative about us that bought in Sharm but to be honest I havent looked back and Im glad I didnt buy in Hurghada after all the horror stories.

Yes Sharm is only lease but it is 99 yr lease and can easily be renewed. My buying process was very easy. Paid £200 Sept 07 went and visited the site in Oct 07 signed paid cash and had handover the following summer. We have stayed in the apartment quite a few times and have also rented it out as well.

The complex is far from finished but we can at least use our apartment as our zone is moreorless done.

Dont go for a lawyer that an agent or developer recommends, make sure the due diligence is in order.

I have all my paperwork stamped and it took 6 months in the Courts - really easy. There are many in Hurghada that are struggling to get these papers and many more waiting years and many more that have lost money that they wont see again.

Be really careful and just research as much as you can.

Good luck anyway.

You may want to look at places such as Alexandria - I saw a 2 bedroom apartment - re sale - for £14,000 recently that was a short walk from the sea!
Dear Queenie,
I agree with you that she have to dig out till scratch all sides before she buy but i would like to tell that there is alot of horror stories as well in Sharm and people was crying for their money and we even saw it on the news did you ????
so at end of the day its not hurghada or sharm its doing your home work very well before you buy

queenie40something

queenie40something

Yes I saw it - Sharm Cliff - thats why investors have to do their homework especially on the developers and the agents too.

Status
Not open for further replies.