ad

Non-euro countries tipped as best property buys for 2011

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
The UK, Brazil, Turkey and Morocco are being tipped as safe and high yielding prospects for property investment in 2011. As traditional locations like Spain, Italy and Greece continue to feel the harsh effects of the economic downturn it is mostly non-Eurozone countries that are likely to attract attention with Britain looking good because of [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Non-euro countries tipped as best property buys for 2011

D

Damian George

Had a meeting with a fund manager and said that it is easy at the moment to raise money to invest in the uk, but there is a catch

The fund was looking to raise £50 million and looking for property in the £2-3 million pound mark in central london.

Seams the wealthy still see the uk as a playground the rest of us strugle to afford

M

mortagage

Interesting thread...I too thought the UK was out of the league of many and it seems it is.
The property market in Marrakech intrigues somewhat though.

J

js36927

Banned
Coming across a good property agent makes certain that you are acquainted with what sort of positive cash flow property in Australia will get the best return.

An agent can also assist you with the rest of the course of action like funding and redecorations.

G

growler

Brazil certainly has great potential. 2 years ago I bought a couple of plots of land for £16K and have just sold them for £40K. Very happy! Even in the local currency it was an impressive increase (bought at 59K and sold at 108K).

M

mortagage

That sounds like an awesome investment in Brazil.

M

mhean26

hmm.. the agents are the asset so thats the result from them.. hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
G

growler

Am I the only one who hasn't a clue what this means? :smile:

G

growler

No Growler - you are not!!!
Phew!! For a minute I thought maybe it was just me. Thanks Steve.

Perhaps mhean26 may explain it to us?

L

LondonTone

Brazil certainly has great potential. 2 years ago I bought a couple of plots of land for £16K and have just sold them for £40K. Very happy! Even in the local currency it was an impressive increase (bought at 59K and sold at 108K).
Is it still good? i.e. are you investing your profit back into Brazil?

G

growler

Is it still good? i.e. are you investing your profit back into Brazil?
I am hoping to build 2 modern houses beside my existing house in Paraiba, effectively making a 3 house mini condo with pool and large covered bbq area. So "yes" I am reinvesting the money. The area is absolutely beautiful with stunning views and has become very, very popular with the Brazilian market. There is a new B&B almost completed, and 3 condos under construction.

Without a doubt, if you invest wisely there is money to be made in NE Brazil, but it is becoming more popular (which is great) and prices will continue to rise (which is great unless you come looking in say 5 years time).

It is true what is being said about a growing middle class, if you look at the town nearby compared to 2 - 3 yrs ago, there has been many improvements and a lot of new construction, and there has been a huge increase in the number of imported cars on the roads which are nothing like cheap.

docmood

docmood

In emerging type markets the agents that are established and looking to get established are VERY nice to new investors who may potentially invest further IF they forsee good gains.

It's a common practice to build up the confidence level of an investor so that they can "score more" from you at a later date on a bigger investment.

I think thats what mhean means!! :)