moving to sharm

B

bob69013

hi i am new to this web site so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.i am looking to move to sharm in the near future and was thinking is there job oppertunities there or any small buisnesess for sale ie bars or small restaraunts. i have been to sharm many times and have been told it is easy to get work but i really need to find a buisness so me and the wife can run it.also is there an expat forum on this site if there is can someome direct me to it thanks,carl & dawn

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and welcome

Here is our sister site http://www.expatforum.com/expats/egypt-expat-forum-expats-living-egypt/

Someone I know was selling the lease on a bar in Naama but not cheap at 90K but it has been totally renovated. I recently saw a bedioun cafe for sale.
We could do with a decent sandwich / coffee / deli in Nabq.

I recently saw this shop for sale

Nice shop for sell

Complete new with inventory and furniture for 25000 EGP for details please call

Offers welcome

another 0103300600

TBH alot of shops / restaurants are shutting in Sharm

I will move this thread to the lounge area.

B

bob69013

hi alison
thanks for your reply we have bought in viva reef in nabq so we was looking to open a buisness in nabq. I was told it would be good to invest in a buisness there, but also it was to early as there was not a lot of people milling about yet, even though in a year or so it this is going to change .We was considering a good sandwhich/coffee shop or even a small cosy bar.
If you dont mind keeping your ears open for us we would be very greatfull need to get away from this country asap thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Carl and Dawn - I have bought on Sierra in Nabq which is moreorless opposite Club Magic Life and next to Jasmine Centre / Arabsat.

I see soo many shops etc shutting down in Sharm and Nabq.

I think you may need to look at aiming towards owners as opposed to tourists.

I have a lady look after my apartment but it took me ages to find her.

Nails - desperate need for decent nail tech - there is an English lady opening one in Naama but nothing in Nabq. Nabq is geared up for the Brits as alot of the apartments are sold to Brits and you also have Coral Sea and Holiday Village that are owned by First Choice so just Brits too. Could your wife do a course and open up / start a business in this??

Personally I dont think you investing in a shop will be viable for you.

If you need legal help and need a name of a good lawyer let me know. Recently we had a not so nice experiance which we reported to the tourist police, nothing was done and found this young lawyer and he was a godsend and without going into to much detail resulted in an arrest!

B

bob69013

hi Alison
Thanks for the advice dawn actualy is a nail tech(she hates doing nails)but ive convinced her its a start, so she could do that(while i laze by the pool).We noticed a lot of shops shutting down in nabq.I think this may change when more people move into the area hopfully.We spent a night out in the coral sea noticed it was mainly brits which supprised us.Myself would probably look for a job in a bar or something untill we get our own.Hope your problem was'nt to serious thanks again Carl & Dawn

B

bob69013

Hi Samantha
yes we were considering looking into renting space in one of the new hotels being built. We have an appartment in viva reef. We was told there could be an opening there for us depends on who takes the hotel .The best thing for us to do is get out there chill out for a month or 2 meet new people the start looking for work/buisness cant wait thanks Carl & Dawn

queenie40something

queenie40something

LOL no i know where to come for my nails in Nabq!

Seriously though she would do well and could work from home / home visits to start off with.

On my resort Sierra they are building a shopping mall and letting out the units.