ad

Moving BACK to the UK

docmood

docmood

I've been living abroad for several years now (since 2002) with my family and now am considering moving back to the UK.

I've found that property prices are coming down and interest rates are very low so affordability seems pretty good to me and the weather in the summers seems to have changed so there are more "sunny days" than there used to be.

What would be the best way for a family to move back to the UK?
What kinds of things should I think about B4 hand related to taxation, capital etc.
I am non-domiciled for tax but obviously I would need to move money back to the UK to buy a house and setup again.

Can anyone tell me what the best way is for a non-domiciled brit to move back to the UK? For example, I have a studio in Dubai that is providing a rental income (sometimes!!) so if I move back, do i then have to start paying taxes on that income?

What about capital I bring back to the UK to buy a house and furniture etc.?

Any other advice or whatever viewpoints would be interesting...like some people have asked me if I'm crazy wanting to go back to the UK !!! I've been living in Dubai which is tax-free so the whole taxation issue is gonna be a real headache I know !!!

Last edited: