Morocco property market - good time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_jacob

Hey friends

Just curious as to what the expert investors out there think of the moroccan property market today. Reading up on various forums and articles, it seems like the market is really booming and investors are snapping up properties wherever they spring up. But it seems like the investments are restricted to large scale projects only and smaller developments are not really being sold that well.

Does that indicate a discrepancy in the market, or do people feel otherwise? Because if the small scale projects are not being sold that well, then surely we cant really call it a "boom market"?

Jacob

B

b055man

The construction in Morocco has started and is currently being compared to that of Spain 15 years ago. I think we can safely call it a ‘boom market’ thanks to the government’s initiatives, as resorts have fast started to spring up along the country’s coastline - Many of these developments boast hotels, golf courses, restaurants and, of course, villas and apartments.

I also don’t think there is a discrepancy in the market as it is only very recently that small scale developers are beginning to emerge into the limelight, but give them time and they will no doubt increase in numbers.

The large scale developments are all supported by the King and that’s what makes Morocco an attractive proposition. As many forum readers will agree, ‘emerging’ markets simply lack the basic infrastructure needed to support a burgeoning property market, but King Mohammed’s £2.2 billion contribution will ensure that all necessary facilities and amenities are in place. Put simply, this means that if these ambitious tourism targets are met, Morocco could well be the next holiday hotspot – a move which could only mean good things for the property market in terms of both capital growth and rental returns.

Other major benefits include short flight times from the UK (less than 3 hours),fantastic beaches, a wide choice of properties. However, the real icing on the cake is the country’s property prices, as no matter what type of home you go for, it simply won’t break the bank – well, not at the moment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.