Mashreq bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tracey122

I just wanted to start a new thread off the back of the Bank accounts one already started in this forum.

Someone recommended Mashreq bank and after looking at their website and seeing alll there accounts they look really good and I have been looking for a bank account to setuop in Dubai for a while as I have bought an apartment and will be renting it out there soon, I have no residency visa so this has caused a few issues.

What are peoples experiences of Mashreq bank? I was looking at the 'Step-up' account which sounds spot on for what i am looking for, they have online banking which I put down as something thats essential.

has anyone had any issues with this bank at all?

really_true

really_true

I have been a long standing customer from 12 years abt with mashreq bank -
my verdict NOT BAD NOT good -- if u know ppl in ur brach u can get things done easily else it s a bit slow .

Personally i bank with abt 4-5 banks can i find mashreq to be the best and least stiffiest -its a good choice for me MB

R

Roshan

All the banks are the same. They call you sir only :

When you owe them a million bucks - OR - when you can you have a million bucks to invest with them :D

I found National Bank of Dubai good.

Last edited by a moderator:
New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned
I just wanted to start a new thread off the back of the Bank accounts one already started in this forum.

Someone recommended Mashreq bank and after looking at their website and seeing alll there accounts they look really good and I have been looking for a bank account to setuop in Dubai for a while as I have bought an apartment and will be renting it out there soon, I have no residency visa so this has caused a few issues.

What are peoples experiences of Mashreq bank? I was looking at the 'Step-up' account which sounds spot on for what i am looking for, they have online banking which I put down as something thats essential.

has anyone had any issues with this bank at all?
You can have a savings account as a non resident at Mashreqbank

K

kitty

how to open account

hi could you tell us how to open savings account and if you could transfer money in and out (property installments),do you have to go to dubai to open or online?

New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned
hi could you tell us how to open savings account and if you could transfer money in and out (property installments),do you have to go to dubai to open or online?
You have to be in Dubai to open the A/C - then every thing can be done online - call them +97142174800 or Mashreq — Homepage
and yes they have full fledged online banking where u can make transfers in and out - local and overseas and all for free.

P

paul1970

You have to be in Dubai to open the A/C - then every thing can be done online - call them +97142174800 or Mashreq — Homepage
and yes they have full fledged online banking where u can make transfers in and out - local and overseas and all for free.
I spoke to Mashreq customer service 04-2174800, and was told that non residents cant open a savings or online account with Mashreq.

New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned
I spoke to Mashreq customer service 04-2174800, and was told that non residents cant open a savings or online account with Mashreq.
Very strange i know couple of my friends who are non residents and have saving accounts in mashreq bank!

A

Al salam

Mashreq web site certainly says that a savings account does not need residents visa and is open to non-residents

P

paul1970

Mashreq web site certainly says that a savings account does not need residents visa and is open to non-residents
Again I spoke to Mashreq guys quoting the website reference, I was told it was possible for non residents. It will be only easy saver account without ATM card , cheque book.It is a minium balance account.

You can only depoist and not withdraw or do any transcation. (since no ATM and cheque book),Incase to withdraw, once has to come to UAE ,visit Mashreq branch and do counter transcations.

New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned
Again I spoke to Mashreq guys quoting the website reference, I was told it was possible for non residents. It will be only easy saver account without ATM card , cheque book.It is a minium balance account.

You can only depoist and not withdraw or do any transcation. (since no ATM and cheque book),Incase to withdraw, once has to come to UAE ,visit Mashreq branch and do counter transcations.

this is not true i guess the call center are not trained enough or something, easy saver is a saving account and there are sevral savings account - if u can open one u can open any.. the only thing right is that u cant get a check book since it's a saving and not checking - u dont need atm to withdraw if u are in dubai withdraw from branch - if u are overseas use the internet banking :D

hope this will help.

D

dubai freelancer

hi...
i have personally not had a very good experience with mashreq...they dont have any co-ordination between departments and if you ever need to track down a transaction or face any issues be prepared for a long run around! i have been banking with emirates bank for over 2 yrs now..i wont say its been a flawless experience but i have never been hassled too much...
i also have had investors who came to dubai to buy property and were easily able to open an account with them...u just have to visit a branch with your passport...hope this helps!

Cheers!
Tania

Status
Not open for further replies.